Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Zach Miller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coach4fu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Zach Miller Reply with quote

Do you see Seattle keeping Zach Miller after this season. He is owed 7 mill and 6 mill over the next two years. Cutting him, would save 5-6 million either year. I know he is a stud blocker, but his receiving numbers have fallen off. Is he worth 7 million to the Seahawks going forward?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he's not worth what he's getting paid. But he is a big part of our offense, and I'd like to see them restructure him.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he stays as long as he restructures.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
sirensong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, his cap hit goes down every year and this coaching staff loves him and this OL NEEDS him.

I would love to get him restructured after this year, but hes not going anywhere even if he doesnt.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miller's an exceptional blocker... he really developed those skills when he came over. He's also a pretty decent end zone threat. He was having some great games before our line got demolished and we're likely asking him to block more. He didn't block much in the St. Louis game but that game was a pure catastrophe from all offensive components.

He's only 27 as well.

This offense at the moment just doesn't have playmakers at WR. Tate is a playmaker no doubt but we don't have stretch the field or THREAT receivers... and it's very hard to get a THREAT TE. There's < 5 in the league at any given moment (Gonzo, Gronk, Graham, Witten, and I'd probably argue Davis... just on speed... mind you 2/5 are injured at the moment).

Once Harvin comes back and Seattle gets potentially another deep threat Miller should return to form. This team also desperately needs O-Line help... you really don't involve TEs in screens or slant routes. They are most effective over the middle and/or developed receiving routes. It's no surprise that the best TEs play on teams with great threats or ALL day QB situations to throw:

Graham: Solid WR targets, elite QB.
Gronk: ALL DAY Brady... man gets 10+ seconds to throw.
Witten: Bryant + Austin + Williams
Davis: Basically ALL DAY Kaep, and just a physical freak.
Gonzo: White/Jones

Seattle: Ummmm.... yah...

Rice is gone next year. Miller will stick around.
canucks1990

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes been outstanding with his blocks and a his a big part of our OL.
With his cap going down I hope he sticks around.
SHONUFF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Miller Reply with quote

IMO he stays regardless, after this year his cap hit goes to , 7,6,4 I believe.. He's really important to our offense..

Red Bryant is the one who is gone for sure... Think his cap number goes up to 9mil, we can cut him with a small penalty.. He doesn't do enough we can IMO, we could move a McDaniel over And hopefully resign Bennett..
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Miller Reply with quote

SHONUFF wrote:
IMO he stays regardless, after this year his cap hit goes to , 7,6,4 I believe.. He's really important to our offense..

Red Bryant is the one who is gone for sure... Think his cap number goes up to 9mil, we can cut him with a small penalty.. He doesn't do enough we can IMO, we could move a McDaniel over And hopefully resign Bennett..

I'm all for Red being gone as well...he does nothing to deserve 9mil

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Miller Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
SHONUFF wrote:

I'm all for that too. He's not worth half that imo.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Miller Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
SHONUFF wrote:

I'm all for that too. He's not worth half that imo.

Dump red and sid... re sign earl and sherm.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: