Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft thread - Bears have 14th pick in 1st Rd.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent Murphy is looking better and better as the season goes on…I didn’t think he could be an every down RE in the pros but I would have to take that back…he isn’t your classic flyer off the edge but he has some Jared Allen about him…some of the best hands I have seen from a DE coming out of college…excellent motor and aggressiveness…strong...plays on teams...readymade starting DE and when he gets to just play one spot he could get even better...

On a side note USC DE/DT Leonard Williams is going to be pretty special when he comes out next year as well.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Trent Murphy is looking better and better as the season goes on…I didn’t think he could be an every down RE in the pros but I would have to take that back…he isn’t your classic flyer off the edge but he has some Jared Allen about him…some of the best hands I have seen from a DE coming out of college…excellent motor and aggressiveness…strong...plays on teams...readymade starting DE and when he gets to just play one spot he could get even better...

On a side note USC DE/DT Leonard Williams is going to be pretty special when he comes out next year as well.

I was at the USC game tonight, absolutely amazing! Leonard Williams is an absolute stud. I'd love to see him continue creating havoc for opposing offensive lines as a Bear. Needs to polish up his decision making/ dumb late hits on qbs. That should stop with maturity though.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 31 Yards- 342 TDs- 5 Tgts- 56
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Blake Bortles and UCF with an insane comeback against Temple. Crazy ending.

Just say the end of this game...what a catch to tie it up...

The finish to the Auburn game was crazy as well.
I feel bad for Georgia.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on Ra'shede Hageman? I haven't seen much of Minnesota but have seen this guy mocked to us quite a few times.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bears invest heavily in the defense in the offseason can the Bears afford to go offense early in the draft?

A guy like DeAnthony Thomas may be the speed and mismatch guy that we do not have right now?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
What are your thoughts on Ra'shede Hageman? I haven't seen much of Minnesota but have seen this guy mocked to us quite a few times.

Excellent HWS and massive upside…but very is raw and inconsistent...but when he is on he is pretty much so unblockable…he is a defensive version of Kyle Long in many ways…if he reaches his full potential people will ask why he wasn’t a top 3 pick.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears invest heavily in the defense in the offseason can the Bears afford to go offense early in the draft?

A guy like DeAnthony Thomas may be the speed and mismatch guy that we do not have right now?

We have a lot of work to do on the defensive side of the ball to be able to do that...it's not even just starters we need but depth at many position...adding a burner would be great but it might come next offseason rather than this.
KG1187

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Ra'shede Hageman upside he could go top 10 with a strong combine and pro day. Afraid he might be long gone before the Bears pick. Look at Eric Fisher, he went from being a late first to a mid first to top ten and then 1st overall. Hageman could follow a similar story arc with his physical traits. Not saying he goes 1st overall but he could rocket up draft boards in a hurry.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KG1187 wrote:
With Ra'shede Hageman upside he could go top 10 with a strong combine and pro day. Afraid he might be long gone before the Bears pick. Look at Eric Fisher, he went from being a late first to a mid first to top ten and then 1st overall. Hageman could follow a similar story arc with his physical traits. Not saying he goes 1st overall but he could rocket up draft boards in a hurry.

I agree Hageman has fast riser written all over him, my guess is he goes top 10 by the end of the process.

A guy I have started to look at is Ego Ferguson, I think he would be the ideal penetrating NT for our system and he has enough weight in his pants to beef us up against the run.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ohio State redshirt junior CB Bradley Roby will declare for the NFL Draft.

Head coach Urab Meyer made the announcement and also said the corner will participate in the Buckeyes' senior activities against Indiana. Meyer also made another interesting comment, saying it is difficult to ask prospects to stay for all five years of eligibility in today's football landscape. Roby entered the season as the top corner prospect, but he put forth a few poor performances on big stages. Still, a top-50 pick is not out of the question.

Pretty obvious one confirmed.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pigsooie5"]
DaMike wrote:
http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=209277864

Colt Lyerla just quit Oregon. Interesting.

He and Mark Heilfrech just didn't get along. I read a tweet of his hesterday,
Quote:
I can't wait to see who truly loves me.." There were a couple others to the same tone... It seems he's going to devote himself entirely to training for the Combine and NFL, he'll still be a top 50 pick.
Not likely. This will knock him down to the Wilson levels. MW had done a lot more than Heilfrech so this will have an even more dramatic impact on his draft position.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
You never believe list heights and weights. Especially for undersized players. He looks around 6-2 probably a bit shorter. Maybe 230 lbs. Maybe. Other guys playing well at that size doesnt mean he will. Very rarely can a DE play at that size and strength. He's not strong enough to be an every down 4-3 DE.

He doesn’t look shorter than 6-2”…not even close to it and he is far longer than a guy who is 6-2” not only that but at a HS combine in Atlanta he was measured at 6-3’ 1/2”…first two years at Clemson he was listed at 6-3”…now maybe he is lighter than his listed weight or maybe he isn't...but his play on the field says he is plenty strong enough to play at that weight...instead of looking at his size look at his play.
Assuming your numbers are accurate, that is not even close to the requirements of the position.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Dont feel like making a thread so I'll just post this here. I actually really like this one.

Gone: Jordan Palmer, Michael Bush, Eric Weems, Earl Bennett, Roberto Garza, Nate Collins, Julius Peppers, James Anderson, Kelvin Hayden, Corey Wootton, Craig Steltz

Resign:
Jay Cutler 5yr $70mil
Matt Slauson 4yr $10mil
Henry Melton 2yr $10mil
Tim Jennings 5yr $25mil
Robbie Gould 3yr $9mil
Bowman / McMannis / Williams / Costanzo 1-2yr league min

Free Agents:
Donald Brown RB Colts 3yr $5mil
Michael Johnson DE Bengals 6yr $50mil
Jason Worilds DE Steelers 4yr $10mil
Fred Davis TE Redskins 2yr $5mil
Mike Mitchell S Panthers 5yr $18mil
Fernando Velasco C Steelers 3yr $7mil

1 Bradley Roby CB Ohio State
2 Aaron Donald UT Pittsburgh
3 Stephen Morris QB Miami
4 Telvin Smith LB Florida State
5 Trade to Cleveland for Greg Little WR
6 Tracy Moore WR Oklahoma State
6 Kirby Van Der Kamp P Iowa State

QB: Cutler, Morris, McCown
HB: Forte, Brown, Ford
FB: Fiammetta
TE: Bennett, Davis, Rosario
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Little, Wilson, Moore
OT: Bushrod(LT), Mills(RT), Britton
IOL: Long(RG), Slauson(LG), Velasco(C), Brown, Boggs

DE: McClellin(LE), Johnson(RE), Worilds, Bass, Washington
DT: Melton(UT), Paea(NT), Ratliff, Donald, Cohen
LB: Briggs(W), Bostic(M), Greene(S), Smith, Williams, Costanzo
CB: Roby(R), Jennings(L), Frey(N), Bowman, McManis, Wilson
S: Mitchell(F), Wright(S), Conte, Walters
ST: Gould(K), Van Der Kamp(P), Mannelly(LS), Ford(RS)
We need two new DTs.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert tonight if he is 100% against Baylor…big test for him.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Looking forward to seeing Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert tonight if he is 100% against Baylor…big test for him.
Dont forget Barnett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 9 of 87

Jump to: