Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update pg. 2: USC Job Filled... Not by JDR
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
If youre a USC fan and saw what Orgeron did at Ole Miss, you definitely dont want him to be the HC. He couldnt recruit. If youre in Cali, you need a guy to recruit.

Not sure I agree with that. USC doesn't really "need" to recruit, they will always get good players. Before Oregeron left for Ole Miss he was known as USC's recruiting ace too, so maybe he has more "ins" with the Southern Cal area.
p.s. I hate USC.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
If youre a USC fan and saw what Orgeron did at Ole Miss, you definitely dont want him to be the HC. He couldnt recruit. If youre in Cali, you need a guy to recruit.

Not sure I agree with that. USC doesn't really "need" to recruit, they will always get good players. Before Oregeron left for Ole Miss he was known as USC's recruiting ace too, so maybe he has more "ins" with the Southern Cal area.
p.s. I hate USC.

You're right that USC gets players to go to their school because simply "They're USC". But look at what Lane Kiffin did compared to Pete Carroll. Theres a certain quality that brings recruits to USC that Lane Kiffin didnt have. A large part of it has to do with winning, thats obvious.

I still hold my reservations with Orgeron. I respect the man for what he has done at USC but hold my reservations for the players he can bring to the program. In college football, the head coach is a huge part of recruiting but his assistants are the bread-and-butter. Theyre the ones out on the trail every week and keeping close contact with the players.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
If JDR leaves and Minny give Leslie Fraizer his jotters then I wouldn't mind bringing him in as DC

I'd rather have Jim Schwartz if he gets fired. I am not a 100% sure but I do not think he calls the D for Detroit. Good for his résumé as his work in Tennessee is actually impressive. Both Frazier and Schwartz would be the type of coach in-line with Fox' preference, though.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
If JDR leaves and Minny give Leslie Fraizer his jotters then I wouldn't mind bringing him in as DC

I'd rather have Jim Schwartz if he gets fired. I am not a 100% sure but I do not think he calls the D for Detroit. Good for his résumé as his work in Tennessee is actually impressive. Both Frazier and Schwartz would be the type of coach in-line with Fox' preference, though.

He won't get fired though, even if they don't make the playoffs it's not like they've had a bad season.

What about Wade Phillips if the Texans clean house? I'm not sure we have the personel to run his offense though.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
This is actually per Jay Glazer:

http://m.tmi.me/1ckAfK

Quote:
USC Pat Hayden flew to Denver two weeks ago and interviewed Jack Del Rio for their head coaching job. Interview was ironically day b4 John Fox had his incident

Actually what I read was reported by Mike Klis, hence my linking to his article from the Denver Post website. I didn't see a similar article from Jay Glazer on Fox Sports, perhaps he was too busy carousing with the meat heads in MMA to write an actual story.

BroncoinGermany wrote:

Schwartz I would really like, but I do not see him becoming available. Same goes for Frazier, who I also like, but Minnesota's problems are not Frazier's fault so I doubt he gets fired.

If JDR leaves odds are Elway and Fox will just promote linebackers' coach Richard Smith. He shares a similar philosophy of Fox and JDR and would maintain a strong degree of continuity.

paul-mac wrote:
What about Wade Phillips if the Texans clean house? I'm not sure we have the personel to run his offense though.

We don't have the personnel to run Phillips' 1-gap 3-4 and why would want to, it's an antiquated defense.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard on ESPN Radio that the Steve Sarkesian (sp?) will be the next USC coach.

Jack Del Rio is safe, for now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Just heard on ESPN Radio that the Steve Sarkesian (sp?) will be the next USC coach.

Jack Del Rio is safe, for now.

Yup. Let us rejoice, for now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news. It's now possible that we have the same DC 3 years running! The last person to do that was Greg Robinson in the Super Bowl years.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: