Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

In house free agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
No just no Manning won't be asked to retire

Youre right... But doesnt his contract have some sort of clause or something that makes his cap hit nothing after next season? Can anyone give info on that?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Youre right... But doesnt his contract have some sort of clause or something that makes his cap hit nothing after next season? Can anyone give info on that?
If Peyton plays after next season his salary would be $20M. I think Peyton retires after next season but on his own accord, we won't Favre him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

If Peyton plays after next season his salary would be $20M. I think Peyton retires after next season but on his own accord, we won't Favre him.

You think we would prefer one more season of Manning than a 5 year contract with Bay-Bay?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

You think we would prefer one more season of Manning than a 5 year contract with Bay-Bay?
I don't think your understanding contracts here. Yes we have to pay DT, but there's quite a bit of dead weight we will be rid of over the next 2 seasons. I can think of about 10 players who will be gone within 2 years.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Keep in mind Von Miller and Demaryius Thomas are going to want a ton of money. And they are both a major priority. We are going to have to lose some good players unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they let Eric Decker walk. Some team will massively overpay for him. But keeping Wesley Woodyard is a must. He is the captain of our defense and is outstanding with all the community service he does in Denver.

Miller is one mistake away from a 1 year suspension, he cost himself tens of millions in any deal.

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.
bMiller031

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine that alot of the money we have to spend in the near future will go to A) Demaryius Thomas
B) Von Miller
C) Julius Thomas
D) Wesley Woodyard
E) Average length deals with good players (Decker, DRC, Harris, Moore, Knighton)
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wesley Woodyard is worth more to us than other teams, he will sign a reasonably cheap contract.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Peyton's cap hit the next 3 years (2014, '15, '16) is $17.5m, $21.5m, $21.5m, respectively. If he's on the team those years, that's what his contract counts against the cap (barring a renegotiation).

However, Peyton's guaranteed money only goes through next (the 2014) season. When he passed his physical last March (3/2013), it guaranteed that the Broncos must pay him $40m over the next two (2013 and 2014) seasons, unless he voluntarily chose/chooses to retire, then all monies due post retirement date (and players are paid their contract per year divided by 16) evaporate.

It's important to remember the difference between total contract value and guaranteed contract value. It is equally important to remember the difference between voluntary (retirement) and involuntary (cut) termination.

If the Broncos cut Peyton before this (the 2013) season, they would take a $40m cap hit all at once. If they cut him before next (the 2014) season, we take a cap hit of $22.5m, that (the 2014) year. When a player's contract is terminated involuntarily (he is cut) all of the remaining guaranteed money on the contract is automatically applied to that year's (the NFL's fiscal year which runs March-March) salary cap, that is the "dead money."

However, if Peyton is cut before the 2015 season, our dead money that year (2015) would only be $7.5m. Odds are, and Elway knew this when he and Tom Condon (Peyton's agent) structured the contract, that Peyton will either play (and live up to what we're paying him) or retire (where we pay him nothing), each season for which the Broncos control his rights.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bMiller031 wrote:
I would imagine that alot of the money we have to spend in the near future will go to
A) Demaryius Thomas
B) Von Miller
C) Julius Thomas
D) Wesley Woodyard
E) Average length deals with good players (Decker, DRC, Harris, Moore, Knighton)

Huh?

It's Von. Then Woodyard. Then everyone else.

DeMaryius Thomas, despite his extraordinary physical skills, disappears for long stretches, at seems at times apathetic, and often under-performs in cold and/or otherwise inclement weather.

Much as I appreciate DT's skills, I have to say that Megatron, AJ and Dez, - other WRs to whom DT is often compared given comparable skillsets - would not evaporate from the offense the way DT has at times the last couple years.

broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
bMiller031 wrote:
I would imagine that alot of the money we have to spend in the near future will go to
A) Demaryius Thomas
B) Von Miller
C) Julius Thomas
D) Wesley Woodyard

Huh?

DeMaryius Thomas, despite his extraordinary physical skills, disappears for long stretches, at seems at times apathetic, and often under-performs in cold and/or otherwise inclement weather.

Much as I appreciate DT's skills, I have to say that Megatron, AJ and Dez, - other WRs to whom DT is often compared given comparable skillsets - would not evaporate from the offense the way DT has at times the last couple years.

I think there's a few major points you are missing.

First of all, if what DT is doing constitutes "evaporating" than I would imagine most receivers must be spontaneously combusting. DT is one of the best weapons at the position league-wide, hands down.

Secondly, while he does tend to have quiet games, there are a few things that he does which are important to our offense.

-Thomas commands the best coverage of any player on the team. We have substantial other weapons who take advantage of lesser coverage across the board as a result.

-We have more offensive talent than other teams and spread the ball around a lot more, especially with Manning at QB.

-Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Manning isn't like Dalton/Stafford/Romo/Ryan, because he won't just continue to force feed the ball to DT for the hell of it. Manning exploits the best matchup he can at any given time. Some of these other WRs have the benefit of a QB who just keys in on them and lets them make every single play. Unsuprisingly, their teams tend to not be as good at the end of the day.

Thomas is an important cog. I think Decker is less important which is why he'll make less and possibly not get resigned.

Thanks, Tzimisce
bMiller031

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodyard is an asset to us, only because he provides leadership in the lockeroom, on the field and in the community. He isnt an elite middle linebacker on the field, and isnt going to command a huge deal from any other team. I would imagine that he will stay for a reasonable price. This is listed as size of contracts, not value of players. Demaryius is much more valuable to the team than Woodyard is. Thomas has the talent of a top five receiver in the league, has made Denver a home and loves the city. He is a fan favorite and will be absolutely crucial in the transition from Manning to Osweiler. Thomas and Miller will be the face of the franchise for years to come, after Manning retires/begins to decline
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie mac wrote:
Miller is one mistake away from a 1 year suspension, he cost himself tens of millions in any deal.

I'm sure a lot of teams will shy away from giving him a huge deal due to his questionable future, however, there are always a few teams that are capable of signing risky players to ridiculous and stupid contracts.

That being said, if he came back from his suspension and played like last year (beast) then I'd be more concerned about the above scenario. This year he's done nothing to command a huge contract. It'll be interesting how his year plays out and how this unfolds.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
bMiller031 wrote:
A) Demaryius Thomas
B) Von Miller
C) Julius Thomas
D) Wesley Woodyard

Huh?

I think there's a few major points you are missing.

First of all, if what DT is doing constitutes "evaporating" than I would imagine most receivers must be spontaneously combusting. DT is one of the best weapons at the position league-wide, hands down.

Secondly, while he does tend to have quiet games, there are a few things that he does which are important to our offense.

-Thomas commands the best coverage of any player on the team. We have substantial other weapons who take advantage of lesser coverage across the board as a result.

-We have more offensive talent than other teams and spread the ball around a lot more, especially with Manning at QB.

-Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Manning isn't like Dalton/Stafford/Romo/Ryan, because he won't just continue to force feed the ball to DT for the hell of it. Manning exploits the best matchup he can at any given time. Some of these other WRs have the benefit of a QB who just keys in on them and lets them make every single play. Unsuprisingly, their teams tend to not be as good at the end of the day.

Thomas is an important cog. I think Decker is less important which is why he'll make less and possibly not get resigned.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying DT is not a very important part of this team. Like you said, he commands more attention from opposing defenses than anyone else on the offense and his presence alone creates opportunities for everyone else.

But, I do not think he is at the same level as Green, Bryant or Johnson, and many people do. He's going to want to be paid like an elite WR, and we should pay him, but I disagree he should be a higher priority for a re-sign than Von or Woodyard. Woodyard is must-keep, and MLBs do not cost that much. Von is going to command huge money but his mistakes have cost him money. Still, Elway will pay him fair value when it's time.

paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm for paying Von Miller after this season. It will give us one less player to worry about after 2014(Franklin, Moore and both Thomases get paid that year) and his value will be a bit cheaper since he's only a few months removed from the drug ban.
French Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay Von Miller a ton of guarantee money and less in salary !
He wants money so i think it's fair !
If Broncos win SB in next February , there is a little chance that PM decide to retire if not he will play one more season.
So , if PM stop , we have no problem to signe Miller and DT , if not......we need to be creative

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: