Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The next three weeks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebestever6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: The next three weeks? Reply with quote

I just wanted to create a thread discussing the realistic possibilities of the best the next three weeks can go and the worst the next three weeks to go.

My prediction best case: Denver wins three games with the defense stepping up and outshining our offense and the run game steps up a notch.

My prediction Worst case: Denver losing a close game at home while Peyton Manning hurts his ankle to the point he has to sit out a couple of weeks. This forces Brock to start his first two games on the road in the toughest environments against two top teams in the AFC.

I just hope Peyton is playing because he can and not just because of the magnitude of the game. We need him going forward and Brock would have better odds to win ball games if he got his feet wet at home.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
bobdevine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The race is on for the playoffs. Broncos look like they are near-certain of reaching the playoffs. The big question -- where will they seed?

If the Broncos beat KC, they are likely to win the AFC-West division and be seeded #1.
If KC Chiefs win, they are positioned to be #1 and the Broncos will be a wild-card. Likely #5.

As of today, the Broncos odds are 2/3rds = seed #1, 1/3rd seeded #5. The result of this week's game will swing the odds.

Current playoff picture: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

"Win one for the Fox'er"!
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the home game should be the easiest of the bunch. Depending on the result of that game and how well we match up with KC should foreshadow if NE or KC on the road is the thougher challenge. At this point KC on the road has to be, but NE could prove to be more difficult (I hope).
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 down, 2 to go
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think the Broncos are better than the Pats and the Chiefs, but big games on the road are tough, I don't care who you are. But, I also think this should get the Broncos ready for a Super Bowl run...I mean, the Super Bowl is on the road, and it is a pretty big game.

But, as far as the next two games: The Pats defense is depleted. As well, their OL is very depleted and isn't half as good as the Chief's OL. I think Von and Phillips should be able to get to Brady, which is his kryptonite.

I think the Chiefs think they will have an advantage being at home. But, they aren't going to have that much time to adjust to the Manning. In fact, Manning probably saw enough during the last game to make his adjustments, which I don't think will fair well for the Chiefs...even with crowd noise.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I really think the Broncos are better than the Pats and the Chiefs, but big games on the road are tough, I don't care who you are. But, I also think this should get the Broncos ready for a Super Bowl run...I mean, the Super Bowl is on the road, and it is a pretty big game.

But, as far as the next two games: The Pats defense is depleted. As well, their OL is very depleted and isn't half as good as the Chief's OL. I think Von and Phillips should be able to get to Brady, which is his kryptonite.

I think the Chiefs think they will have an advantage being at home. But, they aren't going to have that much time to adjust to the Manning. In fact, Manning probably saw enough during the last game to make his adjustments, which I don't think will fair well for the Chiefs...even with crowd noise.

I'm more worried for the pats game simply because they lost last night.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the race for playoff seeding, the Broncos are in good shape.

With the Patriots loss last night, the Broncos can lose the game in Foxboro without too much consequence. The game is important but not essential.

The next game in KC is much more important. If the Broncos win that game, they seal up the division and lock up the #1 seed. A loss in KC would make the following games must-wins because the seeding would be decided by overall win-loss record. A win against New England would be very good insurance.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the next three weeks, this defense will continue to improve. The increased attention on Von Miller is opening up opportunities to other players who are capitalizing:
>Shaun Phillips is bring pressure from the opposite side (9 sacks)
>Malik Jackson is getting pressure from the interior (3rd in pass rushing productivity behind only Gerald McCoy and Ndamukong Suh according to PFF)
Teams are going to have to distribute their protection more evenly if they want to slow these players, and when they do Von will be hungry.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
In the race for playoff seeding, the Broncos are in good shape.

With the Patriots loss last night, the Broncos can lose the game in Foxboro without too much consequence. The game is important but not essential.

The next game in KC is much more important. If the Broncos win that game, they seal up the division and lock up the #1 seed. A loss in KC would make the following games must-wins because the seeding would be decided by overall win-loss record. A win against New England would be very good insurance.

With the result last night, we're now 2 games ahead of the Pats, if we lose Sunday, then win out, we're still gonna be seeded, as we are, first in the competition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: