Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Whole Starting Lineup from Angelo's Failures (Updated)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19112
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Can we take this too far and pit team one against team two?

I started to make a similar thread using Angelo's free agent acquisitions but never finished. It was pretty close to a full team. The only issues I had was filling out LB and CB. There were some good names in there too that many people probably forgot about, like Darwin Walker and Kevin Jones.


I thought trading for Darwin Walker was a good idea....boy did that flop Laughing
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7122
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Can we take this too far and pit team one against team two?

I started to make a similar thread using Angelo's free agent acquisitions but never finished. It was pretty close to a full team. The only issues I had was filling out LB and CB. There were some good names in there too that many people probably forgot about, like Darwin Walker and Kevin Jones.


I thought trading for Darwin Walker was a good idea....boy did that flop Laughing

Talk about disappointment at that position in 2007. Tank Johnson gets canned, Dusty Dvoracek destroys his ACL in the first game, and Darwin Walker was injured/woefully ineffective. I supposed it did usher in Anthony Adams, though.

And Walker was touted an upgrade over Tank Jonson as a run-stopper. Shocked
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonserinNC


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 5231
Location: Back in the CHIIII
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, funny list but to be fair some of these were late picks, why we killing him for late round guys?
_________________


BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real


Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7122
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Haha, funny list but to be fair some of these were late picks, why we killing him for late round guys?

Here's the breakdown of my roster...

Offense (12 players)
1st Round x 4
2nd Round x 1
3rd Round x 3
4th Round x 1
5th Round x 1
6th Round x 1
7th Round x 1
Average Round: 3rd

Now lets say we eliminate Forsey and Reed and roll with this offensive line: Columbo, C. Williams, Beekman, Metcalf, Carimi, which is probably more fitting. In that case, the average round jumps to the 1st round. And people used to say Angelo didn't draft offense. Incorrect; he did, and he did using high picks. He just sucked beyond belief at it.

Defense (11 players)
1st Round x 1
2nd Round x 1
3rd Round x 4
4th Round x 0
5th Round x 3
6th Round x 0
7th Round x 2
Average Round: 4th

Looking at the defense... yeah, Leon Joe and James Thomas probably were never envisioned as starters. Moore was viewed as a developmental prospect (yet was taken in the 3rd round) and McBride became a starter by attrition. But the rest of those guys were players the Bears either made heavy investments in by selecting, or who they felt would be significant contributors.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group