Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Whole Starting Lineup from Angelo's Failures (Updated)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Can we take this too far and pit team one against team two?

I started to make a similar thread using Angelo's free agent acquisitions but never finished. It was pretty close to a full team. The only issues I had was filling out LB and CB. There were some good names in there too that many people probably forgot about, like Darwin Walker and Kevin Jones.

I thought trading for Darwin Walker was a good idea....boy did that flop Laughing

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:
Can we take this too far and pit team one against team two?

I started to make a similar thread using Angelo's free agent acquisitions but never finished. It was pretty close to a full team. The only issues I had was filling out LB and CB. There were some good names in there too that many people probably forgot about, like Darwin Walker and Kevin Jones.

I thought trading for Darwin Walker was a good idea....boy did that flop Laughing

Talk about disappointment at that position in 2007. Tank Johnson gets canned, Dusty Dvoracek destroys his ACL in the first game, and Darwin Walker was injured/woefully ineffective. I supposed it did usher in Anthony Adams, though.

And Walker was touted an upgrade over Tank Jonson as a run-stopper. Shocked
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, funny list but to be fair some of these were late picks, why we killing him for late round guys?

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Haha, funny list but to be fair some of these were late picks, why we killing him for late round guys?

Here's the breakdown of my roster...

Offense (12 players)
1st Round x 4
2nd Round x 1
3rd Round x 3
4th Round x 1
5th Round x 1
6th Round x 1
7th Round x 1
Average Round: 3rd

Now lets say we eliminate Forsey and Reed and roll with this offensive line: Columbo, C. Williams, Beekman, Metcalf, Carimi, which is probably more fitting. In that case, the average round jumps to the 1st round. And people used to say Angelo didn't draft offense. Incorrect; he did, and he did using high picks. He just sucked beyond belief at it.

Defense (11 players)
1st Round x 1
2nd Round x 1
3rd Round x 4
4th Round x 0
5th Round x 3
6th Round x 0
7th Round x 2
Average Round: 4th

Looking at the defense... yeah, Leon Joe and James Thomas probably were never envisioned as starters. Moore was viewed as a developmental prospect (yet was taken in the 3rd round) and McBride became a starter by attrition. But the rest of those guys were players the Bears either made heavy investments in by selecting, or who they felt would be significant contributors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: