Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Judging Case and the future of our QB position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
2nd round qbs are such a crapshoot that's my only issue.

You might get Kaepernick or you might get Brian Brohm.

Agreed, 2nd and 3rd round QBs have been predominantly busts. There's been a bit of recent success (Dalton, Foles, Wilson, Kaepernick), but history shows that it's not very promising. Just a few names of the 2nd/3rd rounders that haven't panned out:

Jimmy Clausen
Colt McCoy
Pat White
Brian Brohm
Kevin O'Connell
John Beck
Drew Stanton
Trent Edwards
Kevin Kolb
Kellen Clemens
Tavaris Jackson
Charlie Whitehurst
Brodie Croyle
Charlie Frye
Andrew Walter
David Greene
Dave Ragone
Chris Simms

The only one of those guys I remember being talked about as a franchise QB was clausen

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Case, but if you're in position to pick Teddy Bridgewater, you take him and don't think twice about it. With the way things are going now, do you really see us beating the Jags?

Texans will have the #1 pick. If they go anything but Bridgewater, we're screwed for another 10 years.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not a conspiracy guy but the playcalling when case is in there is terrible.....empty backfield when they sent the blitz up the gut all game long? wtf....me thinks he wanted schaub to come in and win to save their jobs....i think he set case up....bash me if you will, but with his comments this past week plus the play calls, i think gary set case up to fail

case has things to improve on, but he wasnt playing bad enough to be benched...i hope gary is gone on monday, when andre blows up, its bad
mse326

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
im not a conspiracy guy but the playcalling when case is in there is terrible.....empty backfield when they sent the blitz up the gut all game long? wtf....me thinks he wanted schaub to come in and win to save their jobs....i think he set case up....bash me if you will, but with his comments this past week plus the play calls, i think gary set case up to fail

case has things to improve on, but he wasnt playing bad enough to be benched...i hope gary is gone on monday, when andre blows up, its bad

Except he's always called empty backfield with blitzes and RBs lineup out wide with Schaub back there, too. I just don't think he gets it.

As for the benching, according to the post game press conference it was because they were supposedly changing the game plan completely and he didn't think Case could handle that at this stage. It wasn't poor play. That to me is a coaching problem. I know he's a new QB but he's been with the team for over a year and half. He should be able to run pretty much anything we would want to do.

#JDI
biggio7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Except he's always called empty backfield with blitzes and RBs lineup out wide with Schaub back there, too. I just don't think he gets it.

As for the benching, according to the post game press conference it was because they were supposedly changing the game plan completely and he didn't think Case could handle that at this stage. It wasn't poor play. That to me is a coaching problem. I know he's a new QB but he's been with the team for over a year and half. He should be able to run pretty much anything we would want to do.

Also, is it true that Dre said they ran the same plays?

I adopted Brian Cushing for the 2013/14 season. Boom. Cush.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

everyone and their brother could tell they were bringing the house, teams have done it for weeks now. why havent we figured out how to beat them....case is good enough to make the throw, why isnt he? are they calling long developing plays? does he freeze up and forget to make the throw? idk what it is, but id bet money its gary

i hate this organization right now.....its pathetic and were just going no where....grow a sack mcnair
YellowSCRE4MS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the post game interview with Dre...

Man he looks like he just doesn't wanna play here anymore, I can't blame him either. It's really sad that he has to go through this again.
McNair needs to clean house, the way teams have been rebuilding in a year we can be right back in the playoffs next year if the guys that need to be gone are gone and we have a good draft.

Adopt-A-Texan: DeAndre "Nuk" Hopkins
41 Rec 631 Yds 2 TD
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much vitriol on this anymore as I spent any emotion I had on this team months ago when you could see this ship sinking. What you saw yesterday is THE quintessential argument for firing a coach at the bye week. Gary has his agenda and his way of doing things and he will revert to it because he thinks that if his plan is merely executed correctly it will be successful. He trusts Schaub to stick to the script and thinks things like adjusting blocking schemes and moving the ball 4 yards at a time will work better than allowing Case to use instinct and creativity to make things happen. Better to bench Hopkins for messing up the script a few times and have Lestar Jean out there not getting open but going through the right motions on plays that we all know won't involve him. No accountability for a coach like Marciano who has failed in every measure of his job for 3 seasons aside from a broken play kick return this week, but benching a player like Hopkins is where Kubiak thinks is the right place to assert his dominion.

On the bright side, as far as I'm concerned this was THE BEST thing that could have happened for the long-term health of this franchise. Bob is the eternal optimist and doesn't make moves until he absolutely has to and THIS loss should crystallize that this disaster of a season lays squarely at the feet of the Head Coach. Kubiak broke Arian Foster by abusing his carries last year. Kubiak put his eggs in the tender basket of Matt Schaub who has broken all but 2 of them, Kubiak thought his system made the right side of the line easily replaceable parts, yet two seasons in a row has not been able to adjust to their abysmal play and refuses to make the depth chart changes necessary to correct HIS mistake. Kubiak finally was forced to address #2 WR with a meaningful top pick vs. his preferred low end guys who are happy just blocking yet he still won't incorporate Hopkins talents into the core gameplan despite a dearth of playmakers.

AJ wasn't right in walking off the field yesterday and truth be told, he did screw up that route in cutting it off, but the mere fact that things have gotten so bad that a guy like AJ is even losing his cool ought to be the final straw in confirming Kubiak's complete loss of control. AJ will be going to the Hall of Fame someday, while Kubiak is a .500 coach who rode a powerful defensive team to two playoff wins in 8 seasons while his offense has failed to evolve from it's mid 90's roots and now even the lowly Raiders and Rams have it figured out. I don't think AJ spoke for the fans as I think most Texan fans are so clueless that they think Schaub remains the only problem on this team and that Kubiak/Keenum is a winning combo, but here's hoping AJs frustration spoke volumes to the one guy who's opinion matters - Bob McNair.

As far as I'm concerned, Kubiak is now overtly causing damage to the future of this franchise and should be relieved immediately. This team is going nowhere, but the poison in the water is now infecting AJ and you don't want it to get in the bloodstream of JJ and other players critical to our future. Letting Wade run the team would at least keep the defensive players happy and provide him a swan song here. Having Kubiak out of the way clears space for us to at least continue to develop Keenum even as a backup for 2014 and get Hopkins, Posey and others involved and get Newton off our friggin football field. What the heck is gained by having Matt Schaub win 17-10 over Jacks this week?

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Texans02

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
What the heck is gained by having Matt Schaub win 17-10 over Jacks this week?

A worse draft position.

Yes please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: