Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Zimmer (Deal pending with Vikes)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Mike Zimmer (Deal pending with Vikes) Reply with quote

Hello, folks. Titans fan here. It seems the Mike Munchak experiment is coming to a bitter close in Nashville and most Titans fans are preparing for the inevitable coaching carousel of the offseason. What are your thoughts on the probability of Mike Zimmer being hired away as a head coach by another team this offseason, and do you think he'd make a good one?

Good luck in the AFCN, by the way. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Bengals (not to mention a passionate dislike of the Steelers and Ravens) so it's nice to see you guys having success.

----------------------------------------------------------

theJ update (1/15/14 at 10:52)

Quote:
Mike Zimmer and Vikings are moving toward a deal, hoping to complete negotiations by today, per league sources.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/423479937022951424

Quote:
Vikings are hiring Mike Zimmer as their HC, per league source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/423481116298076160

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back away from The Zimm slowly, and find your coach elsewhere.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Mike Zimmer Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Hello, folks. Titans fan here. It seems the Mike Munchak experiment is coming to a bitter close in Nashville and most Titans fans are preparing for the inevitable coaching carousel of the offseason. What are your thoughts on the probability of Mike Zimmer being hired away as a head coach by another team this offseason, and do you think he'd make a good one?

Good luck in the AFCN, by the way. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Bengals (not to mention a passionate dislike of the Steelers and Ravens) so it's nice to see you guys having success.

The job Zimmer has done in recent years has been outstanding in my view. Every unit has to cope with injuries, but the job he's done taking guys off the street and getting good play out of them has ben remarkable. He seems to have that knack of taking guys off the scrap heap, knowing how they'll fit into his scheme, and lighting the fire.

He's drafted well, and he seems to mould a top 10 defence each year from whoever he puts out there.

Is he HC material; difficult to say ? I just hope he's the next HC in Cincy.......
futbudds

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:

And some skittles
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't worry about losing Zim anymore. He has been a top coordinator for his entire tenure and barely sniffed a coaching interview. I do hope that Marvin finally slips into that coma he has been hovering around for 11 years and Zim gets the job.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
I don't worry about losing Zim anymore. He has been a top coordinator for his entire tenure and barely sniffed a coaching interview. I do hope that Marvin finally slips into that coma he has been hovering around for 11 years and Zim gets the job.

I heard he is a terrible interviewee. Brutally honest and a type A personality. Most owners and GMs want someone to kiss their [inappropriate/removed]. He won't do that so he probably wont be going anywhere.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

I heard he is a terrible interviewee. Brutally honest and a type A personality. Most owners and GMs want someone to kiss their [inappropriate/removed]. He won't do that so he probably wont be going anywhere.

If he's in those interviews droppin' all those f-bombs we saw on hard-knocks, then I'm not surprised he doesn't get a gig someplace.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

If he's in those interviews droppin' all those f-bombs we saw on hard-knocks, then I'm not surprised he doesn't get a gig someplace.

From what Chris Mortensen reported about his interview with the Dolphins, he told them their team was crap and went through all of their personnel decisions the last few years and questioned them on it.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

From what Chris Mortensen reported about his interview with the Dolphins, he told them their team was crap and went through all of their personnel decisions the last few years and questioned them on it.

That sounds amazing. That would probably make me more likely to hire the guy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Zimmer back in Dallas next year as HC. It sucks but a lot of people don't appreciate honesty. Why were you late real answer I was dragging my [inappropriate/removed] tired as heck, what most want to hear even though they know your lying to their face I had to rush my kid to the E.R. this morning everything is okay though.
St.Louis Blues
Golden St. Warriors
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

That sounds amazing. That would probably make me more likely to hire the guy.

I agree, I want someone who gets results. Doesn't try to sugar coat crap to make me happy. At the end of the day, I will take my CEO as an honest SOB than a sugar coating turd like Norv Turner.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bengals lose Zimmer, they will not recover from it. Hes the heart and sole of this team IMO. Hes the reason that these players on the defense have developed into big names. But his contract is up after the year is over. I would think that he would want to return still if nobody wants him as a Head Coach next year.

As for the Titans, they don't need Zimmer. There defense is actually pretty good this year. The problems are on the offense. They gotta find an offensive minded head coach somewhere.

First guy that comes to my mind is John Gruden. Greg Roman and Adam Gase could make sense too.

Kevin Sumlim or David Shaw from college could work too.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Brown is a Princeton alum. Surely he is smart enough to see that Zimmer is too important to let get away, no matter the ciost. Even if it means stepping away sooner than he wants to allow Marvin to go upstairs and promote Zimmer to HC. I'm not sure how much $$ it would take to keep Zimmeras a DC.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:

This.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Mike Brown is a Princeton alum. Surely he is smart enough to see that Zimmer is too important to let get away, no matter the ciost. Even if it means stepping away sooner than he wants to allow Marvin to go upstairs and promote Zimmer to HC. I'm not sure how much $$ it would take to keep Zimmeras a DC.

Marvin doesn't want to do that, and he's said that much. Those rumors come from the fans only.

To make Zimmer the HC, Marvin would have to be fired. And that's hard to justify when the team is probably going to the playoffs for the third straight year.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: