Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Larry English to IR, OLB Adrian Robinson signed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Larry English to IR, OLB Adrian Robinson signed Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers placed OLB Larry English on injured reserve with a pectoral injury, ending his season.
It's yet another blow for a team that's been dropping pass rushers all season. The 2009 first-rounder was not in the midst of a stellar campaign, but had notched 2.5 sacks in nine games. He was a bottom-10 player in Pro Football Focus' 3-4 outside linebacker ratings, however. English will be a free agent in the offseason, so it's quite possible he's played his final snap as a Charger. English has just 11 career sacks in 52 games, and struggled mightily with injuries. He's appeared in only 36 games since the start of the 2010 season.

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers signed OLB Adrian Robinson.
He's taking the roster spot of Larry English (pectoral), who was placed on injured reserve Tuesday. Once traded for Felix Jones, Robinson has made 18 career appearances, tallying three tackles and zero sacks.

English wasn't doing anything great, but at least he was competent.

Looks like Robinson has been cut twice this year. He's not going to do anything. I know there had to be better options out there.

So it looks like JJ and Keiser will be the starters. Tourek Williams and an undersized Reggie Walker will rotate in.

The IR total is up to 8.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Larry English to IR, OLB Adrian Robinson signed Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers placed OLB Larry English on injured reserve with a pectoral injury, ending his season.
It's yet another blow for a team that's been dropping pass rushers all season. The 2009 first-rounder was not in the midst of a stellar campaign, but had notched 2.5 sacks in nine games. He was a bottom-10 player in Pro Football Focus' 3-4 outside linebacker ratings, however. English will be a free agent in the offseason, so it's quite possible he's played his final snap as a Charger. English has just 11 career sacks in 52 games, and struggled mightily with injuries. He's appeared in only 36 games since the start of the 2010 season.

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers signed OLB Adrian Robinson.
He's taking the roster spot of Larry English (pectoral), who was placed on injured reserve Tuesday. Once traded for Felix Jones, Robinson has made 18 career appearances, tallying three tackles and zero sacks.

English wasn't doing anything great, but at least he was competent.

Looks like Robinson has been cut twice this year. He's not going to do anything. I know there had to be better options out there.

So it looks like JJ and Keiser will be the starters. Tourek Williams and an undersized Reggie Walker will rotate in.

The IR total is up to 8.

Reggie Walker is a ILB. ingram could be back soon as well which a lot of people haven't really accounted for, though thats a couple weeks off i'm pretty sure.

English was actually looking pretty good last week, then he hurt
his damn pec....

Man all these injuries hitting OL and OLB real hard.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Larry English to IR, OLB Adrian Robinson signed Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Reggie Walker is a ILB. ingram could be back soon as well which a lot of people haven't really accounted for, though thats a couple weeks off i'm pretty sure.

his damn pec....

I know he's supposed to be an ILB, but he's listed as an OLB on the roster. Might be the only option.

I don't think Ingram will be back for a while, or at least not as an every down player. He's tentatively supposed to start practicing next week. He'll need 2-3 weeks before he's ready for a game.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Neutral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Larry English to IR, OLB Adrian Robinson signed Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

his damn pec....

I know he's supposed to be an ILB, but he's listed as an OLB on the roster. Might be the only option.

I don't think Ingram will be back for a while, or at least not as an every down player. He's tentatively supposed to start practicing next week. He'll need 2-3 weeks before he's ready for a game.

I saw them use Reyes on the edge a couple times. I don't know if he was supposed to be stunting inside on the play or what, but it's another possibility.
Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Larry English to IR, OLB Adrian Robinson signed Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
The IR total is up to 8.

I just noticed that there's a few names that are seemingly missing from the IR list. At the beginning of the season, it looked like they were using the IR like a second practice squad. But, at some point, they waived DePalma, Willie, and Gronkowski from IR (injury settlement?). On a side note, I notice that Byron Jerideau is still on IR. I think that's a pretty good sign that they like what they've seen out of him and want him to come back and earn a roster spot next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: