Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vote Warford for Pepsi Rookie of the Week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Vote Warford for Pepsi Rookie of the Week Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2013/REG/10

Quote:
Larry Warford, Detroit Lions

Warford was part of an offensive line that did not allow any sacks or quarterback hits, while blocking for a rushing attack that gained 145 yards in the Lions' 21-19 victory against the Chicago Bears.

Great to see him finally get some recognition, but I doubt he has a chance over Austin.

Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Arbitrage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. For the year, Warford >> Tavon Austin, but it's hard to argue who had a bigger impact this week.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see him winning over Austin, but I voted for him.
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when Waddle is going to start getting more recognition than just at PFF.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laimbrane wrote:
I wonder when Waddle is going to start getting more recognition than just at PFF.

He has been amazing since taking over the starting job, but it's only been two starts and he has faced two beat up front 4s in the Cowboys and Bears. Warford still isn't getting very much recognition nationally because of the nature of the offensive line, so I doubt Waddle will get much more recognition until maybe the off season when people start trying to mock an OT to us because that's what they've always done.

Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
DrRay11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see us moving Reiff to LG and taking a tackle... Sims isn't a world beater. Not that I would prioritize doing so, but I could see it if the right situation presents itself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
I could see us moving Reiff to LG and taking a tackle... Sims isn't a world beater. Not that I would prioritize doing so, but I could see it if the right situation presents itself.

I wouldn't want to move Reiff to LG when he's doing so well at LT, but I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a 4th-7th round G to groom for a year or two

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:

I can't see them doing that without taking a first round stud LT, and I can't see that happening. Even if it did, it would be more likely to slide Reiff to RT and move one of those guys to G. I don't think they should over think things right now. I'd rather then draft another guard than move Reiff.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

I can't see them doing that without taking a first round stud LT, and I can't see that happening. Even if it did, it would be more likely to slide Reiff to RT and move one of those guys to G. I don't think they should over think things right now. I'd rather then draft another guard than move Reiff.

The bolded is the only way I see it happening. I agree with you, but the way the staff has talked about Reiff in the past, I could see it. Maybe they've changed their mind.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would move Reiff to LG for Jake Matthews or Seantrel Henderson. No one else.

Jon Halapio is still underrated as far as interior offensive lineman go. If we could get him in the 4th it would be a steal.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

The bolded is the only way I see it happening. I agree with you, but the way the staff has talked about Reiff in the past, I could see it. Maybe they've changed their mind.

I think a lot of things have changed after how well this line has played together so far this year. It's been a very nice surprise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: