Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Spicy McHaggis Mock Draft 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Spicy McHaggis Mock Draft 2.0 Reply with quote

11/16/2013

I made my last mock about a month ago basing it was going to be a mid round selection, and as the season has progressed it looks like we will most likely have a top 5 pick.

Free agent acquisition
: Arthur Jones - DT - Baltimore

A versatile player that has been in the league for a few short years. Can line up in a 3-4 or 4-3.

We resign: Peters (mulit year), Babs (one year), Joe Hawley (one year)

We release
: Asante Samuel, Stephen Nicholas, and Steven Jackson

Retirement
: Tony G

2014 Draft

Round 1:
Anthony Barr - OLB - UCLA

Very well could be best player in the draft. This guy will give us an immediate impact, a lot of production, and very nice complement to Spoon on the other side. Will give us pass rush and coverage in pass defense.

Round 2: James Hurst - OT - NC

I think this guy will rise up the boards soon enough. This is a solid player in a good OT class. I think we will have Baker on the roster at least for one more year (contract), but this would be our LT of the future.

Round 3: Bishop Sankey - RB - Washington

We need some fresh legs at this position. Sankey would be an asset in the passing game as well. Has been compared to Ray Rice.

Round 4: Chris Burnette - OG - Georgia

More O-line depth.

Round 5: Max Bullough - ILB - Mich St

Play maker and much needed depth in the LB corp.

Round 6: Ross Crockwell - DB - Duke

6'0 corner that could be moved to safety. Led his team in INT's.

Round 7: Emmanuel Bibbs - TE - Iowa State

"complete" TE that was transfer from a JUCO, lot of potential for a late round pick.

Blast away.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Sackney, but I don't think he makes it to the third. I'd honestly rather keep S-Jax for another season and wait until 2015 to draft someone in that loaded class (Gurley, Yeldon, Davis, etc...)

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJAX... 47 carries for 151 yards giving an average of 3.2.

Due 3 million next year.

Injuries, age, whatever.... ATL needs better.
terrell123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
SJAX... 47 carries for 151 yards giving an average of 3.2.

Due 3 million next year.

Injuries, age, whatever.... ATL needs better.
Adrian Peterson couldn't run behind this oline. Just sayin. If TD takes a rb or any skill position player in the 3rd rd he should be fired on the spot imho...
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way we waste a 3rd on a RB esp since the 2015 rb crob is loaded..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven Jackson is not the problem. It's the OLine. Not a single back on the planet could be productive behind this line. It sucks to see a guy like Jackson take the blame and not be able to talk about what the real issue is without throwing some guys under the bus. Does ATL "need better"? Sure. But not from the RB position. We have serviceable RBs. To take one in the 3rd would be a complete waste of a pick in this class.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babs isnt signing a one year deal. This is his las big payday. Its going to take a nice contract to sign him.

Also, RB in the third is not necessary. We have too many needs. If we have an offensive line, then maybe Jackson and Quizz could average more than 3 yards a carry.

#JDI
tech2186

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Babs isnt signing a one year deal. This is his las big payday. Its going to take a nice contract to sign him.

Also, RB in the third is not necessary. We have too many needs. If we have an offensive line, then maybe Jackson and Quizz could average more than 3 yards a carry.

RB in the 3rd may not be necessary but I'd like to see one taken in this draft. 5, 6, or 7th. We can't wait for 2015. Yes, the Oline def is a major cause but Jackson is done. Lets get fresh legs at half the cost. We will address 2015 when we get there.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

RB in the 3rd may not be necessary but I'd like to see one taken in this draft. 5, 6, or 7th. We can't wait for 2015. Yes, the Oline def is a major cause but Jackson is done. Lets get fresh legs at half the cost. We will address 2015 when we get there.

I agree. We could use a bit of depth, and a drafted guy to potentially replace Snelling, if the FO chooses to part ways with him.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
schulman116

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played on the same team with Ross Cockrell in HS. He's a great player & good friend/teammate. He's a ballhawk with good leadership skills (1st team ALL ACC) last year. If they take him as a #4 CB it would be in the 4th or 5th round. No way he's there in the 6th. As far as the other picks....I think rd1 has to be Jake Matthews...or a trade down into the middle of rd 1 and take CJ Mosley , Lewan, or Kouandjio. Hope they bring back S Jax for another year to get healthy. If the birds got their hands on DeAnthony Thomas as another weapon that would be sick too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: