Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Fred Jackson the 3rd best RB in franchise history?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPPT1974

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it when they have a RB that can run and catch as well!
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB, you've been a huge Fred Supporter from the get go. I still remember that. Over the years, Fred has been creeping up on my list of my favorite Bills players of all time. As some others have eluded to, he's a hard working, hard nosed, emotional leader that brings much more to the table than fans outside of the Buffalo fan base will probably ever realize. Some reasons I love Freddy:

His blocking skills. An underrated aspect of his game. He'll knock your block off

He once jumped into my section at a game. Guess what? I was getting a beer. At least I have this video was taken by my friend lol

Still the only player in NFL history to have a season accumulating 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards in the return game.

He's an emotional leader, and obviously loves the franchise in which he is a part of.

As it was pointed out already, he joined Thurman in the Bills 4,000-2,000 club. They're the only 2 members.

I was at the Carolina game and was able to go onto the field after the game completed. While I was out there, a man proposed to his girlfriend at the 50 yard line. It was a pretty awesome moment. After the proposal, a guy in a suit came out of the tunnel and had a football in his hands. It was autographed, and had a message for the newly engaged couple from Fred Jackson. It was a pretty awesome moment. He probably would have presented it himself if not for the pressers and what not after that finish. He's just that kind of guy.

I could go on for days with reasons why I love Freddy. Last year when the Rams visited the Bills, Fred Jackson suffered a knee injury that knocked him out for the remainder of the season. I was in the front row right behind the Bills bench, and I literally thought I was watching the end of an era. I figured he'd be done given his age and what not, but the guy is a fighter. He's tough as nails. As he was being brought off the field, I got the "Freddy, Freddy, Freddy" chant going. It was a cool moment, even though it wasn't a cool moment if that makes sense.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: