Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

As A Fan, Is The Patriots Lack Of Media Access Frustrating?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
Having been on the other side of the coin for a few years, consider yourselves lucky.

Ah, yes.

Still the GOAT press conference imo.
Jmacz008

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I developed a sense of humor twords the whole thing quite a while back. I enjoy watching BB dodge questions every week with the same lines and the reporters just have to sit there and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
patsfan06 wrote:
I wish they would do Hard Knocks just once before Brady retires.

But that is about the extent of my frustration.

This is the kind of thing I'm on about. Hard Knocks is just never going to happen and we all know it, which is a shame.

I believe that the Bill Belichick Football Life is the only time there has been a lot of media access, but of course, was only shown 2 years after everything had happened.

I'd love if we could get something else like that or at least not have to wait half a decade for something of that nature to surface.

http://nesn.com/2013/10/nfl-can-now-choose-team-featured-on-hard-knocks-if-no-one-volunteers/

I think it just may happen sooner than later......if they miss the playoffs sometime soon

Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
I feel like I could sell video of BB addressing the media as a sleep remedy on an infomercial.

Having trouble sleeping well have I got the solution for you. Introducing the Bill Belicheck press conference. Put it on and you'll be sleeping in no time.

It's actually a good thing to keep somethings from the media I just think he takes it way too far. The majority of the things are so insignificant what's the big secret. His monotone voice doesn't really help either.

It's too bad because I'd love to see Gronk be able to let loose a bit more. What a great personality he could be but Belicheck just won't loosen the leash. He's a peacock you gotta let him fly.

There is no upside from a football point of view and only downside to 'letting loose' or disclosing info in press conferences.

I watch football to see the Pats win. If I wanted to see trashy personalities or 'reality' programming I would watch Jersey Shore. I'm glad Belichick sees it the same way.

I guess there's really no upside but there's not a huge downside either. I'm not telling him to divulge organizational secrets here, trash talk opposing teams or do stupid things when he should be preparing for a game. I find Gronk entertaining in his interviews and think he should let his personality out more that's all. Seems just like an entertaining guy to talk to.

The Rex interview was funny. That idiot Manish asked him the same question like 3 times and he answered it multiple times. Rex's response was funny and I don't see anything that would hurt any on field performance by his team (which I agree is the most important thing). Rex has done a good job this year keeping quiet with on field football talk keeping his gameplans and injury stuff quiet while not losing his personality.

You saw in the documentary that BB has a personality so where does it go. You can still do an interview without giving away an information but can you just do it without sounding like a your dog just died.

Props to Mack on the sig
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
I feel like I could sell video of BB addressing the media as a sleep remedy on an infomercial.

Having trouble sleeping well have I got the solution for you. Introducing the Bill Belicheck press conference. Put it on and you'll be sleeping in no time.

It's actually a good thing to keep somethings from the media I just think he takes it way too far. The majority of the things are so insignificant what's the big secret. His monotone voice doesn't really help either.

It's too bad because I'd love to see Gronk be able to let loose a bit more. What a great personality he could be but Belicheck just won't loosen the leash. He's a peacock you gotta let him fly.

There is no upside from a football point of view and only downside to 'letting loose' or disclosing info in press conferences.

I watch football to see the Pats win. If I wanted to see trashy personalities or 'reality' programming I would watch Jersey Shore. I'm glad Belichick sees it the same way.

I guess there's really no upside but there's not a huge downside either. I'm not telling him to divulge organizational secrets here, trash talk opposing teams or do stupid things when he should be preparing for a game. I find Gronk entertaining in his interviews and think he should let his personality out more that's all. Seems just like an entertaining guy to talk to.

The Rex interview was funny. That idiot Manish asked him the same question like 3 times and he answered it multiple times. Rex's response was funny and I don't see anything that would hurt any on field performance by his team (which I agree is the most important thing). Rex has done a good job this year keeping quiet with on field football talk keeping his gameplans and injury stuff quiet while not losing his personality.

You saw in the documentary that BB has a personality so where does it go. You can still do an interview without giving away an information but can you just do it without sounding like a your dog just died.

I also really liked Rex's interview too. I think BB demeanor is more of a mental thing for other teams than anything else. He is intimidating when you don't understand your opponent. In my mind the Patriots are just a thing, if that makes sense. It's hard for me to place an emotion or thought to the Patriots other than machine like.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:

And I wish Gronk would shut up and play football.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Belichick has had very talkative and upbeat press conferences - when you get him talking about this history of the game. When it comes to his own team, day to day stuff, strategy, thought process, etc - why would he ever be anything other than as guarded as possible? Talk up the opponents, talk about how your team needs to play well/improve and ignore the stupid questions.

Thing is, he has been getting the same stupid questions (especially injury stuff) for 13+ years. And he has always said "I don't know, I'm not a doctor, he is day to day (etc)". At this point, to have the same reporters asking the same stupid questions, when they know full well what he is going to say....well, I can't blame him for showing disdain or contempt for the reporters.

As for Gronk - absolutely nothing good will come from "loosening him up". As it is, he's a distraction. I don't know why anyone would advocate the Pats letting him be more of a distraction. If anything, I'd like to see him reigned in more. What benefit is there from him being even more obnoxious than he already is? He could say something stupid (he already has) which could get him in league trouble, create a distraction, give an opponent bulletin board material, could get in legal trouble etc. There's no reason to take that sort of risk just because some casual fans enjoy watching a manchild with the maturity level of a 10 year old spew stupid phrases like "Yo soy fiesta". The last thing I - as a Patriots fan - want to see is the team being distracted by "Gronk being Gronk" or Gronkowski distracted from his football obligations by his seemingly growing need (fueled by his dad and brothers) to build his brand name.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: