Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Go Go"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: "Go Go" Reply with quote

When Tannehill is under center, he either says "go" or "go go" to snap the ball. Nine out of ten times, when he says "go go" it's a running play and when he says "go" it's a pass play. If I've noticed this, I'm sure defenses do too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Mike Sherman school of simpletons. Totally agree and it's just one way to illustrate our incompetence.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also doesnt help when John Jerry is looking back at RT and then turning his head right before the snap

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch its something Omar Kelly is talking about right now also.

On a side note why is Cameron wake sharing reps with Derrick Shelby still
hisalness56

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
It also doesnt help when John Jerry is looking back at RT and then turning his head right before the snap

I literally thought Tampa (not sure who was lined up on Jerry...McCoy or Clayborn?) was jumping off sides every single play at the beginning of the game because of this glad I'm not the only person who has noticed this.

But yeah Omar has been on Go Go for a few weeks now. I'm not sure how Mike Sherman can possibly think that opposing D Coordinator don't know about this/why he wouldn't try and implement some type of change
alant_8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the mentioned a few times the last few weeks, by Omar and others. Someone actually mentioned it to Philbin if i remember rightly and he said he wasn't concerned by it and didn't see it as an issue. i shall try find the link if i get time later
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how this isn't being made a huge deal. Opposing defenses literally know 100% of the time if we're running or throwing the ball on plays where Tannehill is under center. How is this not being talked about?!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
I don't understand how this isn't being made a huge deal. Opposing defenses literally know 100% of the time if we're running or throwing the ball on plays where Tannehill is under center. How is this not being talked about?!

i dont even get why we do it, is tannehill reminding the line that its a run/pass?
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

I do see how this is a big deal... However, by your own admission, the opposing defenses only know 90% of the time, unless you're really bad with fractions:

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
When Tannehill is under center, he either says "go" or "go go" to snap the ball. Nine out of ten times, when he says "go go" it's a running play and when he says "go" it's a pass play. If I've noticed this, I'm sure defenses do too.

Razz

But seriously. I blame this far more on Mike Sherman than I do Tannehill, seeing as Sherman is the man who implements all of our plays & audibles on offense. He's just too simplistic, in both palybook and on-the-field practices. Given our awful offensive coordinator and putrid offensive line, I do not believe we have the ability to evaluate Tannehill as a potential franchise QB at this point. If anything, his play is the sole reason we are competitive in most games. I do however worry about him becoming 'damage goods' due to these factors... I think a major reason for his "lack of pocket awareness" is due to his lack of faith in general about our offensive line's pass protecting ability .....

Nacho Simulation Football League
thejoz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were at least three times by my count where Tannehill barked "GO GO" and nobody in a Dolphins uniform moved, however the Chargers started to take off. If I recall, I believe he called an audible each time they did this. I don't remember the result of each ensuing play, however I don't think any of them were giant losses or anything (IE, the defense didn't sniff out the exact play).

For the (legitimate, IMO) concerns about Tannehill "giving the play away" with his cadences...If he's going to be able to use the cadence to try and trick defenses, I think I'd be all for that line of thinking if it continues.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejoz wrote:
There were at least three times by my count where Tannehill barked "GO GO" and nobody in a Dolphins uniform moved, however the Chargers started to take off. If I recall, I believe he called an audible each time they did this. I don't remember the result of each ensuing play, however I don't think any of them were giant losses or anything (IE, the defense didn't sniff out the exact play).

For the (legitimate, IMO) concerns about Tannehill "giving the play away" with his cadences...If he's going to be able to use the cadence to try and trick defenses, I think I'd be all for that line of thinking if it continues.

I almost get the feeling it has more to do with Pouncey tipping the count with his head....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your are all wrong. Here's how it goes, Ryan Tannehill has been taking so many sacks that well the psychological term is "now his brain is mashed potatoes with extra gravy". As a result he is having on field flashes back to his favorite childhood book that his mommy used to read to him at bedtime, the book is pictured below.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. This is why being a Dolphins fan is so frustrating, all the coaching aspects of the game play to the other team's advantage.

FF Member #67
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chargers had like 3 offsides penalties yesterday. It seems they were confused by the cadence.
AngryFinFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
The Chargers had like 3 offsides penalties yesterday. It seems they were confused by the cadence.

They weren't confused, they were just trying to jump his go go too early. I have yet to see a pass play out or the go go cadence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: