Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ed Reed to be released...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Ed Reed to be released... Reply with quote

Just wondering what people think about this, Lewis has been slipping, and adding a ball hawk to the back end wouldn't hurt.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/houston-texans-release-ed-reed-outcoached-comments-175429450--nfl.html?vp=1
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flat out no. He can't play anymore.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let the name fool you. He's a poor, unhealthy, declining player. We currently have 4 safeties playing at a higher level than what he did for Houston, along with Commings coming back soon.

You call him a ballhawk, for instance, but in 7 games this year, not only did he not pick off a pass, he didn't even KNOCK DOWN a pass. Out of 85 safeties, PFF has him ranked 73rd.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
Flexx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ed Reed to be released... Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Just wondering what people think about this, Lewis has been slipping, and adding a ball hawk to the back end wouldn't hurt.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/houston-texans-release-ed-reed-outcoached-comments-175429450--nfl.html?vp=1

I'm sorry. Lewis has been slipping? When? He has looked very good so far and I also say no to Reed. Don't need him
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ed Reed to be released... Reply with quote

Flexx wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

I'm sorry. Lewis has been slipping? When? He has looked very good so far and I also say no to Reed. Don't need him

Basically every long TD this year has been his fault I think, which is most of the TDs against us.
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ed Reed to be released... Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Flexx wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

Basically every long TD this year has been his fault I think, which is most of the TDs against us.

At least 2-3 of those are because the corner got a horrible jam on the WR. Makes the FS job alot tougher to read first than play deep.

Lewis is fine, Reed is terrible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, Lewis has been slipping?

Slipping on what? The snow?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Ed Reed to be released... Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

Lewis is our weak link, no surprise backup leftovers that managed to start longer then he should have.

Not sure how good Reed is anymore but if he is an upgrade then yes.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
shanekc88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: show some respect Reply with quote

This team does not know playoff football, we where 1 and done in 2010. Ed Reed is a first ballot HOF and the best ballhawk still in the game. declining sure but he does not need to be on the field the whole game. He's better than Lewis I'm sorry but its true. Ed Reed has the heart and passion to fuel these guys. I want him more for his playoff experience and leadership. He's worth that 400,000+ easy. its time to win now guys.. need to do everything you can to try. Its a loan for half a season and I dont see anyone else worth picking up on both sides of the ball.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: show some respect Reply with quote

shanekc88 wrote:
This team does not know playoff football, we where 1 and done in 2010. Ed Reed is a first ballot HOF and the best ballhawk still in the game. declining sure but he does not need to be on the field the whole game. He's better than Lewis I'm sorry but its true. Ed Reed has the heart and passion to fuel these guys. I want him more for his playoff experience and leadership. He's worth that 400,000+ easy. its time to win now guys.. need to do everything you can to try. Its a loan for half a season and I dont see anyone else worth picking up on both sides of the ball.

Absolutely NOTHING that Reed has done this season reinforced any of those claims.

Additionally, who do you cut for him? Commings? Demps? Abdullah? You're either dumping a quality performer for us or we're rolling 6 deep at safety.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is easy...NO!!!! Especially with who you would have to cut. I'm not ready to give up on any of our young CB/S. No way, no how.

A move for the sake of a move is a wasted move. Reed could be a distraction to a team totally focused. I like the leadership we have and don't want to mess with the chemistry at this time. Wink
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Irsay with a brilliant idea:

Quote:
Jim Irsay @JimIrsay 19m

ColtsFans...Ed Reed signs,goes to WR,with limited special packages for WR plays; backs up safety n plays some role n return game/Yes-no?

I'd prefer to play him at LT - but who cares ...
shanekc88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so we pick up Kyle Williams? Stupid I'm done picking up Niners rejects. Ed can still play a be productive. We don't need to cut a Safety or CB. We can cut hall wtf is he doing on this team lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: