Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IF its not the Shananigans, who would you want as Coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
I really dont think there is much that Has could have done with this secondary!! That being said, the NFL is what have you done for me lately and the Redkins Defense is once again at the bottom of the league. I could see a new DC in Washington next year! I would really love to see Romeo Crennel or Eric Mangini in DC. Lets not forget that Romeo built the D in Kansas City that is domintating the league, and Mangini comes form the Parcells coaching tree and had alot of success as a DC in New England! Both guys run 3-4 and seem to evaluate talent well!!
The secondary is not our problem its our front 7 (mostly DEs/ILBs).

Romeo Crennel did not build KCs defense, Scott Pioli did. The teams severely underachieved under Crennel is that what you want in a coach? This guy has been riding a reputation created from a Superbowl won over a decade ago, no thanks.

Eric Mangini? Really? He's never been successful anywhere and he burned all his coaching connection bridges when he ratted out Belichick. No thanks.
Laughing secondary not a problem Laughing I believe we have The least talented group of safeties in the nfl. And yes, that's a major problem.

We need 1 upgrade at DE and one upgraded at Ilb. Team needs a free safety, until we get one, the secondary is going to suck. Period
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
I really dont think there is much that Has could have done with this secondary!! That being said, the NFL is what have you done for me lately and the Redkins Defense is once again at the bottom of the league. I could see a new DC in Washington next year! I would really love to see Romeo Crennel or Eric Mangini in DC. Lets not forget that Romeo built the D in Kansas City that is domintating the league, and Mangini comes form the Parcells coaching tree and had alot of success as a DC in New England! Both guys run 3-4 and seem to evaluate talent well!!

Romeo Crennel did not build KCs defense, Scott Pioli did. The teams severely underachieved under Crennel is that what you want in a coach? This guy has been riding a reputation created from a Superbowl won over a decade ago, no thanks.

Eric Mangini? Really? He's never been successful anywhere and he burned all his coaching connection bridges when he ratted out Belichick. No thanks.
Laughing secondary not a problem Laughing I believe we have The least talented group of safeties in the nfl. And yes, that's a major problem.

We need 1 upgrade at DE and one upgraded at Ilb. Team needs a free safety, until we get one, the secondary is going to suck. Period
Hall has played well and Amerson has shown promise. Rambo has looked better the past few games and should only get better. Meriweather makes stupid penalties but has talent. We need to upgrade the front 7.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Hall has played well and Amerson has shown promise. Rambo has looked better the past few games and should only get better. Meriweather makes stupid penalties but has talent. We need to upgrade the front 7.
we need to do both, as I've always said. We need a playmaking safety, all the best defenses have one - we don't
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly see a vet coach coming when shannys fired
Mike holgren probably lol.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
I honestly see a vet coach coming when shannys fired
Mike holgren probably lol.
I sure hope he isn't our coach.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the issues with a vet coach coming in to a team like ours, is what is their motivation here?

They are going to earn a paycheck and do what they want. That is not all of vet coaches. Some are committed to being the best coach they can be.

As a fan I want to see a coach that has passion, discipline, is a motivator and is hungry. I dont think Mike has that and I dont see that Kyle has that. Haslett certainly does not have that either.

Gimme someone that is hungry and is not afraid of yelling at a player when they have committed a penalty, a stupid penalty at that.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Geronimo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Some of the issues with a vet coach coming in to a team like ours, is what is their motivation here?

They are going to earn a paycheck and do what they want. That is not all of vet coaches. Some are committed to being the best coach they can be.

As a fan I want to see a coach that has passion, discipline, is a motivator and is hungry. I dont think Mike has that and I dont see that Kyle has that. Haslett certainly does not have that either.

Gimme someone that is hungry and is not afraid of yelling at a player when they have committed a penalty, a stupid penalty at that.

Absolutely true.

In almost 50 years, no head coach has win a SB with two different teams. I think many overlook this fact. We need a relatively young guy, with experience as OC or DC.
Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what Mike Singeltary did with the Defenses he was involved with?
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Does anyone know what Mike Singeltary did with the Defenses he was involved with?
he was primarily a linebackers coach.

Baltimore Ravens (2003–2004) (Linebackers)

San Francisco 49ers (2005-2008) (Asst HC/Linebackers)
(2008) (Interim)(2009-2010) (Head coach)

Minnesota Vikings (2011–present)
(Special asst. to HC/Linebackers)

And he's coached and helped develop some great ones.

Here's an idea:

1. Greg Manusky - Head Coach
2. Mike Singletary- Asst HC/ Def. coordinator

We'd just have to find a young offensive mind
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumlin, Shaw, or Briles which one do you take?

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Here's an idea:

The rumor basically amounted to

HC Art Briles
OC Phil Montgomery
DC Mike Singletary.

I just don't remember how Mike's defenses ranked.
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Here's an idea:

HC Art Briles
OC Phil Montgomery
DC Mike Singletary.

That was one of the rumors on the podcast

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

This is absolutely what we need and the way Synder should be thinking.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Here's an idea:

HC Art Briles
OC Phil Montgomery
DC Mike Singletary.

2003- Ravens #3
2004- Ravens #6
2005- 49ers #32
2006- 49ers #26
2007- 49ers # 25
2008- 49ers # 13
2009- 49ers # 15
2010- 49ers #13
2011- Vikings #12
2012- Vikings #16

http://httr24-7.com/blog/irrefutable-proof-our-next-hc-should-be/#respond

The HTTR 24-7 blog did a breakdown of who they thought from categories of the last 17 coaches since Gruden to go to the Super Bowl and they came up with Darrell Bevell the Sehawks OC.

I like that choice actually, I forgot about him. He's worked great with Russell Wilson.
Slateman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Gruden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 10 of 25

Jump to: