Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The OL [Video]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: The OL [Video] Reply with quote

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/videos/Confidential_Offensive_Line/44683017-5edd-48a3-85a5-ca96d0bd3e81

Couple Observations

Bushrod is enormous. His upper body dwarfed everyone else.

Long and Mills look so young imagine what happens with 2 years in an NFL weight program.

This line will continue to get better and better because they are young and ascending. None of them other than Garza are over 30.

Bushrod [29]
Slauson [27]
Long [24]
Mills [22]
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been really impressed with Mills especially, but the oline as a unit has been very solid this year.

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
G08

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are night and day better than last season but they are #2 in the league in most pressures allowed...

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
I think they are night and day better than last season but they are #2 in the league in most pressures allowed...

The reason I have no issue with that is that we rarely keep anyone other than the 5 OL in to block (Britton occasionally, but not much lately IIRC). Forte has done less passblocking than he has the last 2-3 years, Bennett can actually catch (unlike Davis) so he is never in, and we have enough talent to spread the defense now. We also do more downfield passing than any year since we have had Jay, requiring more time to maintain protection, yet Jay has only been sacked about 10-11 times. Jay still has the 10th best QBR of all QBs with 200+ pass attempts, so I have no issue with presures being given up as the OL gels and two rookies gain experience. Having two rooks next to each other, and having Garza next to them, makes it pretty surprising to have only sacks (McCown's included).

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
G08 wrote:

The reason I have no issue with that is that we rarely keep anyone other than the 5 OL in to block (Britton occasionally, but not much lately IIRC). Forte has done less passblocking than he has the last 2-3 years, Bennett can actually catch (unlike Davis) so he is never in, and we have enough talent to spread the defense now. We also do more downfield passing than any year since we have had Jay, requiring more time to maintain protection, yet Jay has only been sacked about 10-11 times. Jay still has the 10th best QBR of all QBs with 200+ pass attempts, so I have no issue with presures being given up as the OL gels and two rookies gain experience. Having two rooks next to each other, and having Garza next to them, makes it pretty surprising to have only sacks (McCown's included).

All good observations.

I would add that Cutler still holds the ball a little long and that the rookies get tagged with pressures because they do not finish blocks get.

Mills does not look that big, he is holding up and is probably weaker than everyone he is playing against. He is going to be pretty good when he gets his man strength.

I was so happy when Fairley took that cheap shot at Jay and Long came over got in the full mount and looked like he was going to kill him. What a difference in attitude and physicality.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
G08 wrote:

All good observations.

I would add that Cutler still holds the ball a little long and that the rookies get tagged with pressures because they do not finish blocks get.

Mills does not look that big, he is holding up and is probably weaker than everyone he is playing against. He is going to be pretty good when he gets his man strength.

I was so happy when Fairley took that cheap shot at Jay and Long came over got in the full mount and looked like he was going to kill him. What a difference in attitude and physicality.

True, I forgot about that factoring in. And another two sacks were entirely on McCown, like when he held the ball against WAS at the end of the game.

I think Mills has held up pretty well when bullrushed. But like you said earlier, the kid it 22. Being with a pro STR coach, having meals made for his nutritional needs, etc will add a lot of strength and size. He looks like he can hold another 15-20 pounds of muscle, as does Long. Emery got some gems for us, no doubt. Slauson is much better than I anticipated as well too.

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: