Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11: Whiner Walloping 11/17 SF@NO
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Week 11: Whiner Walloping 11/17 SF@NO Reply with quote

Time for revenge boys.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing

Last edited by Spartica4Real on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Fray32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niners, much like Green Bay, are just one of those teams we struggle with recently. They're still physical and really talented up front on both sides but obviously they can be beaten.

This is going to be a good test for us, and everyone will get to see how we handle a team with a good running game and stingy defense after the debacle that was the Jets. thank god we're at home Very Happy
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us losing this game since we're at home. Words cannot describe how much I would've rather faced Seattle at home and SF on the road.

I think we'll stack the box, limit their run game, and Roman (their OC), seems to get away from the run to quick. Just reading their forum you see how frustrated they are with him. Gore was averaging over 5 YPC against Carolina and he only ran him twice in the 2nd half...

Kaep doesn't scare me at all, not through the air at least, he has no weapons and he hasn't exactly been playing well either. Plus our secondary has been pretty great and Keenan has been shut down. Put Keenan on Boldin with help from Bush over the top, and if Vernon is out they have nothing else. Manningham just got back but I'm not worried about him. They have a great defense, but we've always been able to score on them. Last year 2 pick 6's cost us. I think we'll put up 28, and I don't really see them doing much. I'll say they get off to a decent start in the first half, and score 2 TDs, but Roman is an idiot again and gets away from the run, and they only score 3 in the second half, we've also been a really good 2nd half team. 28-17 is my prediction.

Whew that was a long post. We're clicking on all cylinders and why I do think it's possible we lose this game, I don't see it. Especially at home. Should be a good, physical one though.

Adopt a Saint 2014:
krewe_dat_504

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Jets, the Niners have a great front 7. Good news is that our o-line played a lot better and we ran a lot less zone, so maybe we'll stand a chance in that matchup. The fact that it's a home game also helps. Now if only it wre in primetime, I'd feel a lot more comfortable.

Defensively, I don't see Kaepernick having a good day throwing. As already pointed out, they're thin at receiver, and Davis might not even play? Either way, our secondary will have another great game. Gore may or may not have a big day. Unfortunately he's having a good season so I'll place my money on him having a good game. I like our chances in this one a lot more than I did following the Jets loss.

Saints 30
49ers 20
NS922

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fancy title for this one? Laughing
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:

There you go. Laughing

Adopt a Saint 2014:
NS922

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
NS922 wrote:

There you go. Laughing

Best title of the season
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Vaccaro out... We need Jenkins back in the lineup!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Fray32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that the two times we've played the Harbaugh Niners, Brees and the offense look out of sorts at times and commit inexplicable giveaways (Ahmad Brooks pick 6 before the half in 2012 anyone...?)

But the Niners aren't as good this year and we're much improved. Far from a gimme however, even if it is at home.

#1 key for me has to be a clean sheet in the turnover column, we absolutely cannot get careless with the football. And on defense we cannot get bullied or physically dominated, thankfully I have a lot of faith in these guys this year to show up in this game. But I also know a Frank Gore 'Chris Ivory 2.0' performance is never that far off.
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacarro is out with a concussion, but it looks like Vernon Davis (the guy Vacarro would've played a big role in covering) may also be out with a concussion.

They're gonna run all over us, our offense just needs to keep up.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 10 receptions, 94 yards, 1 TD - 3 rushes, 49 yards
Corey White - 13 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sold on the Oline as of yet. A injured Ware was getting to Brees after beating Brown. If the 49's front is better than the Cowboy's the Saints cannot afford to have a slow start. I also don't expect the running game to be as effective against a physical defense, and with Willis in lineup.

I expect a shootout, and hopefully the Jets game with will be a reminder to coach Payton about starting slow in a shootout with a aggressive defense with a shaky Oline.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how you get shootout of this game. I get the exact opposite. We're not the same defensive team as last year, we will hold teams, especially the last ranked passing offense against our pretty good pass rush and great secondary. They'll probably be able to get some good runs on us (we're giving up an average of 5 YPC but most of that is from giving up an occasional big run, a lot of the time RBs get stuffed for 2 or 3 yards by our D-line, we just need to cut out the big plays), but I don't see Kaep going over 150 yards tops. I expect a grind it out, physical game, 28-17.

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Magnifico

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Vernon Davis can play it changes the game with Vaccaro out. I don't trust any of our linebackers or a single one of the other safeties to cover him well whenever we're in man. Zone is a different thing.

As many have said, just got to force Kaep to beat us with his arm, and maybe for them to play catch up. Force their OC to go into passing formations and allow CJ, Galette and co to pin their ears back.

Quicker we can eliminate their run game from the equation the easier it'll be for us. No turnovers please O. Giving the 49ers short fields is asking for trouble.

Need Hartley to not be garbage. Every point will be important for a lead.
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I don't see how you get shootout of this game. I get the exact opposite. We're not the same defensive team as last year, we will hold teams, especially the last ranked passing offense against our pretty good pass rush and great secondary. They'll probably be able to get some good runs on us (we're giving up an average of 5 YPC but most of that is from giving up an occasional big run, a lot of the time RBs get stuffed for 2 or 3 yards by our D-line, we just need to cut out the big plays), but I don't see Kaep going over 150 yards tops. I expect a grind it out, physical game, 28-17.

It would be scary to think of the 49s taking a early 14-10 lead. forcing the Saints to panic and throw the ball. With a few 3 and outs they potentially could get another touchdown or field goal 21-10 or 17-10.

The 2nd half would Brees slinging the rock to get back the lead. The 49s would look take advantage if this happens. If it does, I expect a 35-28 or 38-35 score.

The jets game showed that eve with a good defense on the field the Saints can still lose. Can't have a shaky Oline and face a defense that has a pass rush like 49s. Also outside of Geno the Saints haven't faced a talented qb like Kap who can get a 1st down with his legs to keep a drive alive.

However, if the Saints come out swinging and can establish the running game. I have faith the defense can shut them out. And playing at home is a good sign. I'm not saying The saints aren't good enough to win, but the Jets game will haunt me this entire season.
Aout

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am REALLY scared about Drew . He's getting hit on every single snap. Our OL is crap at the moment, and I have no explanation for that other than Charles Brown not being as good as Bushrod.

But we seriously need to fix this, Drew is no Cam Newton, he just can not keep on receiving hits after hits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: