Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons need to take notes from Braves
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
As someone who has grown up the last 31 years about 45 min from Atlanta and 20 minutes from Cobb County. I always hated going into the city of Atlanta for anything. I would have much rather went to Cobb county area for any of my sporting events just a much nicer area imo.

This. Atlanta has nice areas, but a lot of them are not in the immediate surrounding area of the dome. I actually like Phillip's Arena and its location. Turner was somewhere in between. Going to be nice to see the Braves in Cobb. I think it will be a lot more pleasant for most fans.

I know you guys were joking with the names, but the Braves will still be the ATLANTA Braves just like the Cowboys are still the Dallas Cowboys.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's stupid is that part of Cobb is still Atlanta in name. The location for the stadium is just 1 mile from the fulton county line (Chattahoochee River). Could put a Marta Station there for the Braves and have CCT pick them up on the other side of the river as the Braves Shuttle.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
devils1854

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
What's stupid is that part of Cobb is still Atlanta in name. The location for the stadium is just 1 mile from the fulton county line (Chattahoochee River). Could put a Marta Station there for the Braves and have CCT pick them up on the other side of the river as the Braves Shuttle.

The funny thing is, one of the reasons for moving that the Braves gave was that there were no direct MARTA stations, and people had to be bussed in from Underground. They will have to do the same thing at this new stadium.

#JDI

Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

The funny thing is, one of the reasons for moving that the Braves gave was that there were no direct MARTA stations, and people had to be bussed in from Underground. They will have to do the same thing at this new stadium.
it was a very minor reason. I could see Cobb allowing the one marta station at the BRaves field and thats' it.

tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Exactly, that was clearly a lie. The true reason was the city of Atlanta would not fork over taxpayer dolars because of the New Falcons stadium and the Braves got mad and left. They had been wanting to do this anyway becasue their fan base is there.

Turner Field area is def not the safest place ever but it isn't as bad as people want others to believe. Every inner ciity place has bad areas. But keeping it in the city limits is what I would of liked.Too bad though.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Exactly, that was clearly a lie. The true reason was the city of Atlanta would not fork over taxpayer dolars because of the New Falcons stadium and the Braves got mad and left. They had been wanting to do this anyway becasue their fan base is there.

Turner Field area is def not the safest place ever but it isn't as bad as people want others to believe. Every inner ciity place has bad areas. But keeping it in the city limits is what I would of liked.Too bad though.
the problem was more that there was NOTHING to do around there. it was Turner field and then nothing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: