Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SpoonFed's mock draft/offseason v2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: SpoonFed's mock draft/offseason v2.0 Reply with quote

Resign
Peters
Franks
Johnson
Coffman
McClain

Cuts
Samuel
Nicholas

Tony G retires and Jerry is not resigned. Steven Jackson stays around for one more year due to 2015 draft being loaded at RB.

FA Signings
Michael Oher - OT - Baltimore
BJ Raji - DT - Green Bay

Right now we're sitting at the #3 overall pick.

2014 Draft

Rd. 1- Jadeveon Clowney - DE - South Carolina
Instant upgrade to our non-existent pass rush. Osi and Clowney would be a great DE tandem. Many believe he is the best overall player in the draft.

Rd. 2- Cyril Richardson - OG - Baylor
Reynolds needs to warm the bench. Richardson could step in and immediately make our line that much better. A true road-grader, he could make some big holes for SJ39/Quizz/Snelling. His pass protection is good too.

Rd. 3 - Ed Reynolds - S - Stanford
At 6'2" 205 lbs, Reynolds gives us a big, ball hawking FS that can come in and compete with DeCoud. Good tackler as well.

Rd. 4 - Deandre Coleman - DT - Cal

Rd. 5 - Tre Boston - CB - UNC

Rd. 6 - Kenarius Gates - OT - Georgia

Rd. 7 - BPA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock draft...

Removing decoud is a plus... he is pedestrian out there.

As far as Jackson...... move the chains... throw in a late round RB to compete....

Overall, good job.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Nice mock draft...

Removing decoud is a plus... he is pedestrian out there.

As far as Jackson...... move the chains... throw in a late round RB to compete....

Overall, good job.

Thank you. Honestly, I think we take our RB of the future in 2015.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oher is pretty much a RT. who plays LT? Baker?

and IMO Boston doesnt fall to the 5th. but u never kno...
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
Oher is pretty much a RT. who plays LT? Baker?

and IMO Boston doesnt fall to the 5th. but u never kno...

Holmes or Baker (if he can return to 2012 form which I highly doubt. Either way we are stuck w/ him at least for next season).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking this. I really think that Baker and or Holmes can compete and at least be a solid starter on the left side, and the right side is very nicely overhauled. Raji is also a good signing.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock is solid. Really like the Raji pick. I wanted him the year he was drafted by Green Bay.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
I'm liking this. I really think that Baker and or Holmes can compete and at least be a solid starter on the left side, and the right side is very nicely overhauled. Raji is also a good signing.

I'm hoping* we go to maybe a ZBS/power run game which SJax hopefully* would thrive in. That's why I overhauled the right side... I still think Quizz and Snelling should see a lot of carries next year and really do a running back by committee. A ZBS/power run with Jax/Snelling and mixes of Quizz in the screen game (PLEASE stop trying to power run Quizz... get him in space and let him do what he does best - shake defenders), "Ryan play-action deep to Julio" type offense with a formidable defense would best fit us IMO. Clowney, Spoon, Osi, Biermann, Triufant, Alford, Moore, Raji is no defense to scoff at. Especially if Worrilow can continue his stellar play in 2014. Thinking Dent might be benched next season when we are at full strength. Worrilow earned it this season (back to back 19-tackle performances) I think him and Spoon are the future at LB. Front7 looking like this left to right..

Osi-Raji-Peters-Clowney

Biermann-Worrilow-Spoon

Trufant-Alford

Moore-DeCoud/Reynolds

Our front 7 will make our LB corps and secondary that much better as well.

Last edited by SpoonFed56 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
This mock is solid. Really like the Raji pick. I wanted him the year he was drafted by Green Bay.

Yeah and I think we could get him at a decent price as well he is having a bit of a down year.. He is getting phased out of GB I believe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Not crazy about the FA signings. Raji has become a non-factor in GBs defense the past two years, I don't see a scheme-switch reviving his career. Michael Oher should be an upgrade at RT, but not by much.

2) I like the draft picks, but I think its highly unlikely Cyril Richardson makes it out of the first. We'll be lucky if we can grab Jackson from Miss State.

Other than that it looks good.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
1) Not crazy about the FA signings. Raji has become a non-factor in GBs defense the past two years, I don't see a scheme-switch reviving his career. Michael Oher should be an upgrade at RT, but not by much.

2) I like the draft picks, but I think its highly unlikely Cyril Richardson makes it out of the first. We'll be lucky if we can grab Jackson from Miss State.

I think Raji would boost our DL. Osi-Raji-Peters-Clowney is no slouch DL. OL-wise, Holmes/Baker-Blalock-Konz-Richardson/Jackson-Oher is better than what we have now. For the record, I would be happy with either Richardson or Jackson at RG.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:

Raji originally played in a 4-3 at BC. He was quite dominant there. I was surprised they made him a 3-4 DT because he was quite masterful at getting to the QB in the 4-3 a BC. I think he would do well here. However, I wish we switched to a 3-4 scheme. Apparently Bartu used to play DE in college and he would be a great rush LB with his speed. We could run the 3-4 with Raji here as well.

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:

Raji originally played in a 4-3 at BC. He was quite dominant there. I was surprised they made him a 3-4 DT because he was quite masterful at getting to the QB in the 4-3 a BC. I think he would do well here. However, I wish we switched to a 3-4 scheme. Apparently Bartu used to play DE in college and he would be a great rush LB with his speed. We could run the 3-4 with Raji here as well.
Bartu played a hybrid role in college similar to what Boley did for the Falcons. He'd start at SLB and sometimes on 3rd downs, put his hand in the dirt and pass rush.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:

Bartu played a hybrid role in college similar to what Boley did for the Falcons. He'd start at SLB and sometimes on 3rd downs, put his hand in the dirt and pass rush.

Yeah he is very versitile. Def would like to see what he can do as a primary pass rusher.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: