Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Dobson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great TD but as was said earlier, a couple drops and is still body catching. I'd like to see him improve his ability to 'snag' the ball as opposed to letting it into his body. I've liked the improvement the last couple of weeks, but still a long way to go for me to truly view him as a consistent threat - and that's the issue I have with Dobson, his consistency, he's shown flashes in every game, but has also shown plenty of mental and physical mistakes. If he irons the mistakes out and shows more of what he's flashed in a positive way, then we can be excited.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Dobson still has a ways to go before I'm convinced, but he torched Ike Taylor and Ryan Clark who are two pretty solid players in their own right. Catching more targets will come as Brady is beginning to trust him more and Dobson is gaining more confidence. I see a lot of good in this kid. His routes are solid and the hands are coming along. No other rookie WR besides Keenan Allen is in Dobson's ballpark and as many have stated, a couple unfortunate drops and Brady overthrows leave Dobson with probably a good 200 yards and 4 TDs out on the field. He has the talent. Just needs to continue to gain confidence and chemistry
texanteddyp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
He could 4 or 5 of those this season if he had held onto one of them & Brady hit a few others.

terbo559 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
So this was pretty sweet

Saw some glimpse of Randy Moss right there.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves...Dobson's 4.4 is not Randy's 4.1

^rookie DeAngelou Hall with his 4.32 speed

Just change his number to #81 so I can relive the "patriot days of moss"..........hahaha......the closest thing to him......
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people go on about Randy's 40 time as if it's the sole reason he was able to get vertical separation? It doesn't work like that. It's far more about timing, being able to track a football at full speed and the length of his stride (elite hamstrings).
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Why do people go on about Randy's 40 time as if it's the sole reason he was able to get vertical separation? It doesn't work like that. It's far more about timing, being able to track a football at full speed and the length of his stride (elite hamstrings).

People? Plural?

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
BigTimePatsFan9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:

Thats what the NFL Network likes to make people think. You have to be strong and shifty off the line, run crisp routes, have timing, and the hand-eye to catch the ball on the run. Not easy.

But running a 4.1 certainly helps a whole lot
Wilsonhurtsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Great TD but as was said earlier, a couple drops and is still body catching. I'd like to see him improve his ability to 'snag' the ball as opposed to letting it into his body. I've liked the improvement the last couple of weeks, but still a long way to go for me to truly view him as a consistent threat - and that's the issue I have with Dobson, his consistency, he's shown flashes in every game, but has also shown plenty of mental and physical mistakes. If he irons the mistakes out and shows more of what he's flashed in a positive way, then we can be excited.

I'm excited already. I think his progression is showing week to week and there's reason to believe we may have found a quality X-receiver which we've needed for a few years. He has made his fair share of rookie mistakes and yet his snaps and production have increased significantly and consistently.
Canton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard some anaylst say that he has a little bit of Moss and Rice in him, even Rice himself said that Dobson reminds him of himself when he was younger. Watching Aaron run routes I can definitely see where he is coming from on that. Did I also say that Jerry Rice said that he thought Aaron Dobson was the best wide receiver in the draft? Wink thought I'd throw that in there. This kid has tremendous upside and is really hitting his stride .. maneurisms of Moss definitely with fluid route running of a Rice.. Love this pick
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTimePatsFan9 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Thats what the NFL Network likes to make people think. You have to be strong and shifty off the line, run crisp routes, have timing, and the hand-eye to catch the ball on the run. Not easy.

But running a 4.1 certainly helps a whole lot

Where does 4.1 come from? Everywhere I look it says 4.25...... Let guess he looks faster then 4.25.....

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: