Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jerry Jones: Firing Rob Ryan "doesn't look good"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Jerry Jones: Firing Rob Ryan "doesn't look good" Reply with quote

Quote:
"We thought it was best for us to go in the direction that we are, and it doesn't look good right now," Jones said Sunday night, per ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000280264/article/jerry-jones-says-rob-ryan-firing-doesnt-look-good

Damn right it doesn't!

It feels so good to have a defense. We're still a offensive team at heart, but man, does it feel good to finally have a defense or what?!

Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 43 receptions, 410 yards, 18 first downs, 2 TD - 6 rushes, 68 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 36 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 5 passes defended, 1 fumble recovery
SWATcha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been waiting 20 years to see New Orleans field a defense. It ain't the Dome Patrol, but damn I'll take it.

I still think they need some more athleticism at LB though. Teams are still running the ball way too easy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtpHT20smA

Very Happy
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Been waiting 20 years to see New Orleans field a defense. It ain't the Dome Patrol, but damn I'll take it.

I still think they need some more athleticism at LB though. Teams are still running the ball way too easy.

Saints have a few good pass rushers but no dynamic ones. Also, we need to address the lack of true run defenders in the rotation on the D-Line. Walker and Foster are impressive but are more gap penetrating pass rushers than stout sturdy run defenders. Look for Tom Johnson to be let go and the Saints to invest a mid round pick in another d-line prospect with run stuffing ability for the rotation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
SWATcha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

Saints have a few good pass rushers but no dynamic ones. Also, we need to address the lack of true run defenders in the rotation on the D-Line. Walker and Foster are impressive but are more gap penetrating pass rushers than stout sturdy run defenders. Look for Tom Johnson to be let go and the Saints to invest a mid round pick in another d-line prospect with run stuffing ability for the rotation.

You think that's what it is worm? Just no true run stuffers up front? Just seems to me like once the RB gets thru the front there's never a LB there to meet him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

I disagree. Our depth is overloaded on the D-line and we have some great run stoppers. But whenever a RB DOES get past our D-line, our LBs have been pretty average.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
SWATcha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

I disagree. Our depth is overloaded on the D-line and we have some great run stoppers. But whenever a RB DOES get past our D-line, our LBs have been pretty average.

That's kind of what I've been seeing. I don't know if it's scheme, or LBs out of position or what, but it just seems like there are never LBs filling the gaps or meeting the RBs at the line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: