Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Thread v.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrewC14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think first we should look at receiver and if Watkins or Lee isn't there, we have to go offensive line. Needs to be improved the most out of any position.

Also, I don't see Tyson or Lewis returning after this year. I can maybe see Tamba restructuring his contract to stay in Kansas City and I hope he does. I'm all for cutting Robinson as we have Commings and then maybe draft another DB midround somewhere. If Jordan walks, I think Nico will be a nice fill in at starter for him so not too worried about that. Tight end health concerns me, but if Sean McGrath can play like he has been, I see a dilemma on the Chiefs hands with 4 potential starters at TE. Maybe let go of Moeaki?
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #17 Donnie Avery, WR
Rec:34 rec./524 yards/15.4 AVG/2 TD

Last Week: 2 rec. 17 yards 8.5 AVG
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo what most have said here so far. Gotta be offense. Either o-line or WR. I wouldn't be opposed to a TE in a highish round if there is value there, unless Kelce does SOMETHING at some point.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
24 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I echo what most have said here so far. Gotta be offense. Either o-line or WR. I wouldn't be opposed to a TE in a highish round if there is value there, unless Kelce does SOMETHING at some point.

Tony G curse, most of our TEs have gotten hurt since he left.

Cottam
Moeaki
Boss
Fasano
Kelce.

Thing with Kelce is he's got a crazy microfracture in his leg that requires rest to fully heal, IE no training, no movement, just rest.

So even when he does come back he's not gonna be in the best form.

Sad

Knowing Reid's history we're gonna go offense, unless a defensive prospect is just too good to pass up.

I'm really liking what I see out of Cyril Richardson from Baylor. A Guard, big man at 330, a little tall at 6'5 but he seems to keep his head low and good leverage.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Van Noy

6-3, 245 LB, Outside Linebacker at BYU, he plays it similarly to the way we do. IE 2-3 down linemen then you see him rushing the passer on the left or right side.

Great athletic ability, Great in pass coverage, Great pass rusher, great motor, just very meh against the run though and can get blocked out.

As far as pass rush, he's got a variety of moves. Uses his hands very well, relentless motor in this regard, and packs a punch.

Could in theory play all the LB positions, already does a little bit of that at BYU. Sutton would have fun with this kid using him in a variety of ways as he'll even line up outside at times on the slot receiver. Although he does play a lot of zone at BYU so his man cover skills are in question.

What's weird about his tape is his reaction time is well...off. Don't know what it is about him. He is explosive when attacking the LOS, but I don't really know how to describe it.

Actually he kinda reminds me of Tamba a bit which is weird to say. Just so many missed sacks and the way he lays out for the tackle. Just a smaller, more athletic version with a lesser motor.(and I'm not saying its a bad motor, but not many people compete with Tamba as far as motor goes)

If we want him we're gonna have to draft him in the first though, but he'd be a great guy to groom back there with Gibbs' coaching he'd turn into something special.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really, really like Rashede Hageman

6'6, 311 DT/DE from Minnesota converted from TE. Ridiculously athletic, as a child performed backflips on command, currently can 360 dunk. Against Nebraska disengaged and chased down a screen pass 20 yards down the field. Shows a good motor, leverage and is still pretty raw.

Always been a sucker for DL prospects with ridiculous athletic ability, him next to Poe would be a nightmare. Thing is he probably goes top 15 and I doubt we are there when we pick.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i say that I love Jordan Matthews and want him as the #2 WR?

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:23/Sacks:7:FF:1/FR:0
JHawk24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
I really, really, really like Rashede Hageman

6'6, 311 DT/DE from Minnesota converted from TE. Ridiculously athletic, as a child performed backflips on command, currently can 360 dunk. Against Nebraska disengaged and chased down a screen pass 20 yards down the field. Shows a good motor, leverage and is still pretty raw.

Always been a sucker for DL prospects with ridiculous athletic ability, him next to Poe would be a nightmare. Thing is he probably goes top 15 and I doubt we are there when we pick.

Agree with him rising up the boards, but with Tuitt returning to school, he is my favorite DL target right now. While I'm not as sold as others that TJax is as good as gone, I still wouldn't mind going that direction with our #1.

Props to LOTO.Tailback for the best ever; Vincent Edward Jackson
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Can i say that I love Jordan Matthews and want him as the #2 WR?

I like Matthews too, think he's gonna be a good one.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I think it's clear we need Oline help. We all agree on this. I see multiple picks going OL in the draft. Not sure it has to be first round...but if there is a guy we love, I can't argue.

2. I know Alex is playing like we brought him in to play, but he clearly isn't the new wave of QB. Doesn't have elite arm strength or mobility. I think we'll extend him to a more cap-friendly contract, but if a good guy falls, I don't know if Andy can pass.

3. I don't see Tamba going anywhere, his contract drops considerably next year, but he's getting up there, so another OLB with pass rush potential in mid rounds make sense.

4. TE, I'm not sold on McGrath, Fasano can't stay healthy and well Kelce...it is what it is.

5. Daniel is gone I can't even fathom keeping him around with that contract, so if we don't get a shot at a potential QBOTF, I wouldn't be shocked for Reid to draft a mid-late round guy. It's his style.

6. Lewis will want more than he's worth I'd guess, so I think we'll need to replace him, and get some overall help in the defensive backfield. Robinson has got to be gone, lots of other 1 year guys back there.

7. WR, again, obviously still a need. Avery has played relatively well, but still don't know if he's a long term answer.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaHa Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama

Really like this guy, and when I say really like him I mean really like him. Athletic ability is great, he's not Berry/Thomas, but its at a level clearly above Lewis for sure. Really like his growth from 2012 to 2013, in 2012 he wasn't as consistent but has definitely taken a solid jump in play this year(film study?). Becomes a real "safety valve" in 2013 IE doesn't allow long TDs and that's exactly what we need from our FS.

Solid enough tackler, he doesn't lay the wood, but he does a good enough job wrapping up. Saban wouldn't start him if he was a terrible tackler, and he is willing to throw himself into a pile or at least slow down the guy so his team can swarm. Can be a bit apprehensive at times, and can take the wrong angles and get blocked out of the play. Will say though that his tackling got better this year, could have hit the weight room, so it may not be an issue at all in the Pros. Goes for the legs so that's a positive.

Versatile, Kirby Smart will bring him up into the box to blitz, put him in the slot to cover WR/TEs, deploy him into a double safety set or send him back into a single high look. Does all of this at a high level this year, although you can tell he gets a little confused when he's used as a LB like the Chiefs use Berry.

He's the best safety in the class imo, so he may not be around when we pick. Projections have him going in the 20s right now,but that could all change once combine rolls around. But imagining him in our secondary? It'd be the best in the league. If we could somehow snag this guy he'd be a perfect fit for this defense, HaHa-Berry tandem would just be too ridiculous and after a year or so you could put either one all over the field.

Does have some character issues, but I consider all that pretty minor and nothing criminal.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it feel a bit odd to anyone else to be looking for low pick guys, not just seeing who will be top 5 worthy? Laughing

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
24 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Does it feel a bit odd to anyone else to be looking for low pick guys, not just seeing who will be top 5 worthy? Laughing

I think it's awesome

Hoping it continues for years
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watch any Arizona St games? Only seen a couple games and WR Jaelen Strong intrigues me. Only a RS So, but a former Juco guy who might be opted to come out this year.

At first glance he reminds me a little of Brandon Marshall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: