Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 Gameday Thread: Houston Texans at Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Good game you guys. And teach Keenam a little more arm strength and I think he can be special

What? Think

Sig by matthouston91
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So bummed if Reed costs us a 4th round comp. pick.

Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, the difference between Swearinger at the start of the season and now is night and day. He has been playing better and better each week and I love the intensity he brings to the field.
treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
I have to say, the difference between Swearinger at the start of the season and now is night and day. He has been playing better and better each week and I love the intensity he brings to the field.

Seconded. He's a little demonstrative for my taste, but it's actually kind of nice to see that amount of intensity and confidence in our secondary.

I also thought that Harris played pretty well. He needs to learn to keep his hands off WRs, but I think he'd be an improvement over McCain. If KJ happens to miss this week, the silver lining would be to see Harris in an extended role for evaluation purposes.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Through 3 games Keenum has played very well. His mistakes can be corrected, such as the last series, but Im starting to think we dont need to address QB in round 1 since most likely we will get a top 10 pick. The needs the Texans should address before QB.

OT
ILB
S

Those are all needs, but they are the equivalent of a baseball team going out and grabbing middle relievers and a 4th outfielder before they have quality starting pitching and a #3 hitter. Right Tackle is an obvious need, but if you peruse the starting line-ups of teams around the league, you will find a bunch of no-name middle round picks and journeymen. It's a problem when it's as bad as Derek Newton, but it just isn't a position you need to address early in a draft. On this team, we all know #2 ILB is barely even a starting position and Cushing's injury is relatively minor this time around. As for safety, I agree that it is a priority, but there is no reason not to bring Daniel Manning back. Nickel corner is higher on my list, especially with pending free agency of Kareem Jackson who strikes me as the type who will have a much higher opinion of his work than we will (a la Dunta). Regardless, nobody ever built a team around a RT, #2ILB, or #3 S - we need a QB and you CAN'T put your eggs in the basket of a UDFA QB who has merely looked better in losing 3 in a row than the last guy who lost 4 in a row. Keenum has certainly energized things, but he's completing 55% of his passes and teams are figuring him out by halftime each week. If that was Schaub who managed 40 yards in a half, we'd be destroying him.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Through 3 games Keenum has played very well. His mistakes can be corrected, such as the last series, but Im starting to think we dont need to address QB in round 1 since most likely we will get a top 10 pick. The needs the Texans should address before QB.

OT
ILB
S

Those are all needs, but they are the equivalent of a baseball team going out and grabbing middle relievers and a 4th outfielder before they have quality starting pitching and a #3 hitter. Right Tackle is an obvious need, but if you peruse the starting line-ups of teams around the league, you will find a bunch of no-name middle round picks and journeymen. It's a problem when it's as bad as Derek Newton, but it just isn't a position you need to address early in a draft. On this team, we all know #2 ILB is barely even a starting position and Cushing's injury is relatively minor this time around. As for safety, I agree that it is a priority, but there is no reason not to bring Daniel Manning back. Nickel corner is higher on my list, especially with pending free agency of Kareem Jackson who strikes me as the type who will have a much higher opinion of his work than we will (a la Dunta). Regardless, nobody ever built a team around a RT, #2ILB, or #3 S - we need a QB and you CAN'T put your eggs in the basket of a UDFA QB who has merely looked better in losing 3 in a row than the last guy who lost 4 in a row. Keenum has certainly energized things, but he's completing 55% of his passes and teams are figuring him out by halftime each week. If that was Schaub who managed 40 yards in a half, we'd be destroying him.

while im not 100% on keenum yet i think olb, cb, s and a COVER ilb (cushing isnt/wasnt the same) are all ahead of qb AT THIS POINT.....i do hope we sign a vet like byrd or shields at db. rt is a need but a mid round guy should suffice, or a veteran. depth all around is a must have as well, especially d line and imo we need to clean house at lb, olb and ilb.....
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

OT
ILB
S

I don't think we can use this past game as a Keenum indicator. Kub not being there really hurt him and the offense IMO. Does anyone know if Rico has ever called plays?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: