Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: Denver Broncos @ SD Chargers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I agree with Chosen to an extent. Demaryius has a nice stiff arm because of his size, not his mentality. How many times has he trucked a DB? I think soft is a tad harsh, but he isn't anywhere near as physically emposing as he should be.

Am I the only one who thought that Manning sack fumble was on Manning? I thought Clark had his man run outside and that Peyton needed to step up into the pocket. Instead Manning started to leave the pocket and just didn't feel the pass rusher at all.

A win is a win, but I just can't make my mind up about this team. Some times I think our Run Defense is great, but since Von came back I am starting to worry about it (we miss Duke too). Sometimes I think that our Running game is going to get going and then at the end of games we have to resort to passing with our QB getting hit as a result.

Next week is going to be a battle, big time. Looking forward to it.
With the amount of injures DT has suffered early in his career, I'd rather him be slightly soft than going for the Marshall tactic.

DT can and has beaten press coverage. But people need to actually look at the QB on some of these, when you run short routes on press man there's no time for the WR to beat his man and Manning doesn't like to hold the ball. It's my biggest pet peeve with Manning and this offense is nothing is allowed to develop. And it reduces the amount of hits(so many late hits yesterday) but it increases the frequency of 3 and outs because we don't let plays develop and Manning will force a throw in or check down.

As for the Andersen talk, he earned his way on to the team. But in no way has he earned PT. Get out of here with that talk because Ball actually has looked much better of late. Your turning Andersen into Hillis trying to get people to think he's better than he actually is. There's a reason he hasn't seen much PT and it's not because of injures.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Is it possible that next week's 9-0 @ 8-1 battle is an average team against a plain bad team?

God you would think we lost with the way people are talking around here.

We beat a good division opponent and possible playoff team, on the road in a hard fought game. Why does that suddenly make us less impressive.

Also, I don't like the Chiefs at all, but they are not a "bad" team.

Seriously...

Playing a division opponent in their own house is very difficult, let alone one that has a QB thats playing very well and a very young athletic defense.

Oh yeah, this team is playing without their head coach. That should speak for something.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logged in after being out all weekend to see what everyone's take on the game is, and end up reading 5 pages of garbage about DT being soft (after probably earning AFC player of the week) and CJ being better than Moreno. If you want to keep ranting about it, take it to a dedicated thread we can all avoid, please.

On the game, overall pretty pleased. San Diego has been playing well and has a very good shot at the playoffs. Divisional opponent on the road against a coach that know us well. There are NO easy wins in the NFL. Just ask the Titans this morning.

Understand the concern with the run game, but I continue to see improvement there. Ball has shown some really hard-nosed running of late, although there are still times when he hesitates. Defense was solid. Rivers is very elusive, but we pressured him well and held their passing game in check. Go back a few games (ahem, Dallas), and compare our pass defense to that and we should all be pleased with the progress. Miller IS having a big impact - you can see it in what Wolf and Phillips and Knighton did yesterday (by the way, Knighton is quietly having a Huge impact on this team).

Biggest concern is the pass pro. Clark has stepped up and played great for a back-up. But he's not Clady. And as I said when Ryan first went down, the difference will rear its head in the most important games against the toughest D's. this week will be the first real test - and with a gimpy PM.

Our D will need to step it up this week, and the O will need to limit TO's. if the chiefs beat us, it will be because we give them the ball 2+ times.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Is it possible that next week's 9-0 @ 8-1 battle is an average team against a plain bad team?
innapropriate / removed

Last edited by Winder23 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I agree with Chosen to an extent. Demaryius has a nice stiff arm because of his size, not his mentality. How many times has he trucked a DB? I think soft is a tad harsh, but he isn't anywhere near as physically emposing as he should be.

Am I the only one who thought that Manning sack fumble was on Manning? I thought Clark had his man run outside and that Peyton needed to step up into the pocket. Instead Manning started to leave the pocket and just didn't feel the pass rusher at all.

A win is a win, but I just can't make my mind up about this team. Some times I think our Run Defense is great, but since Von came back I am starting to worry about it (we miss Duke too). Sometimes I think that our Running game is going to get going and then at the end of games we have to resort to passing with our QB getting hit as a result.

Next week is going to be a battle, big time. Looking forward to it.

Not the only one. PM has to be better there, especially knowing where we are on the field.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Because I dont know how to make .gif's, I had to turn to youtube highlights. Either way, I proved you wrong AGAIN.

Looking at these videos, maybe I didn't use the right term with press coverage. What I meant to say is anyone who jams him at the line of scrimmage gives him a hard time. You have to play press to jam though.

It is what I mean by the physicality bothering him. All of the videos you showed sans Revis one was press coverage but they barely even touched him.

He still struggles against press though for the most part though. Highlights don't do you any justice because he doesn't always play like that. Highlights can make anyone look good. That is why you only found like 7 plays and some of which were barely press coverage.

DiehardBronxFan wrote:
Logged in after being out all weekend to see what everyone's take on the game is, and end up reading 5 pages of garbage about DT being soft (after probably earning AFC player of the week) and CJ being better than Moreno. If you want to keep ranting about it, take it to a dedicated thread we can all avoid, please.
Nobody ever said CJ was better than Moreno. It is not my issue you cannot comprehend. CJ is better than Montee Ball and CJ is not just better than Ball but Hillman too and probably the other Ball from last season is better than Montee.

hibdib31 wrote:

While I do agree with you that the Decker and DT have not played as physical as I'd like to see, it doesn't take away the players' ability to beat press man coverage. Saying DT never beat press man isn't true. He has struggled with it (DeAngelo Hall gave him a good battle) but he hasn't been shutdown this season. It's certainly a valid criticism, but he has beaten press man numerous time this season so to refute his ability is incorrect.

Decker is better than DT at beating press/jams. Decker's issue has to with his mental block such as his unreliable hands and his persistent complaints to the refs. DT on the other hand just isn't very physical as a route runner/WR. He is a pretty physical runner though although he is clearly more finesse than power.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or is Chris Harris struggling a little this year. Don't get me wrong he made a few big plays yesterday when we needed them but he also gave up a few big ones. He has just seemed so solid the past couple of years but has seemed a little shaky this year.

All in all good division road win. I would like to have seen us put up a few more points but we are seriously becoming spoiled.

If PM is healthy next week, and can stay healthy during the game, we will beat the Chiefs because I believe our defense will be playing with a chip on their shoulder and will hold KC to 20 points.
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any words on Peyton's MRI?
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

God you would think we lost with the way people are talking around here.

We beat a good division opponent and possible playoff team, on the road in a hard fought game. Why does that suddenly make us less impressive.

Also, I don't like the Chiefs at all, but they are not a "bad" team.

I was getting at us, without Manning, being the bad team.

And Kansas City is plain average. If Manning is on form, we should destroy them. Anything less than a 2 touchdown win would represent an abject failure on our part.

The problem is that we suck with a sub par Manning.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are really over-reacting to how close this game was. San Diego has a QB that is playing at top 3 level this year. Whenever you can go on the road and beat a team with a QB playing at that level its a legit win. Especially when you take into account that it was a division game.

I hate Rivers. I hate his face...his stupid extremley punchable face. But he is playing like a boss this year, with limited supporting cast. Elite QB's are always hard to beat. This was a good win.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:

Whew...

Mike Klis on Twitter wrote:
Broncos source: Manning: "Absolutely will play Sunday against Chiefs." MRI showed aggravation of his right high ankle sprain. No new damage

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/399971170755162113
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this last game was the most complete game we've played this year. I also liked that we were able to run the clock at the end of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Broncos really need to stop playing so sloppy. I know there were positives, but their sloppiness is going to cost them; well, it did against the Colts.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Broncos played pretty decent. I'm not getting where this 'sky is falling' type of talk is coming from. We beat a good team AT San Diego. It was a good team win.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:

Whew...

Mike Klis on Twitter wrote:
Broncos source: Manning: "Absolutely will play Sunday against Chiefs." MRI showed aggravation of his right high ankle sprain. No new damage

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/399971170755162113

Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: