Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT: The We Can Run!!! Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - but there's only one Rashard Mendenhall on this team, so we couldn't quite get it done.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played great as a team today sprinkled with some stupid individual players/plays.
Palmer made some good plays and some awful plays. We won't win every game if he keeps turning the ball over. That throw to Housler though Shocked
Mendenhall... go to bench NOW. I've never seen a more anti-clutch RB in my life. Fumbling the ball inside the 5 and not being able to complete an easy 3rd and 1 is just bad.

Sowell and Winston took their lumps as usual. I hope Massie gets the start against Jacksonville.

Now for the good:

Ellington continues to play well. He even looked effective running inside and downhill.

Housler had a very good game today. He also grabbed his 1st career TD. Hopefully this is the Housler we see from now on.

On defense, John Abraham continues to play very well. 5 sacks and 3 FFs in the past 3 games. I think he'll get double digit sacks this year. The guy is ageless. I'm happy we have him on a 2 year deal.

Arians called a great game offensively today. We would have had this game in hand easily had Mendenhall not single-handedly destroyed two drives. I really like that TE peel off screen.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does our coach have to.be so dakn stubborn with his personnel. It is not just Mendenhall it is Arenas and Peterson on returns it is Ryan Williams being inactive. It is just idiotic.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does our coach have to.be so dakn stubborn with his personnel. It is not just Mendenhall it is Arenas and Peterson on returns it is Ryan Williams being inactive. It is just idiotic.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game Cards fans. Your defense is legit, and your offense is going to be a force in the future I can tell. Good luck the rest of the season and hope you guys are fighting for a playoff spot.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Can't really complain about kick returns. Who else do we put back there? We just have to tell Arenas to not return the ball 5 yards deep from the endzone.

Peterson didn't do too bad on punt returns but again who do you put back there? Mathieu with his 5'9" 185 lbs frame? At least Peterson has pretty reliable hands.

I can't argue with Mendenhall. Taylor brings exactly what he does to the game and doesn't have a reputation for fumbling the ball.

As for Ryan Williams, I think he deserves a chance but I don't exactly have high hopes for him so I don't blame the coach too much for that one.

Idiotic is an overstatement.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past two games, Palmer has thrown has completed 33/50 passes, 4 TDs, 2 Ints, for 413 yards. That adds up to a rating of 101.5.

The numbers are a bit deceiving but Palmer has played better than the 6 games previous. He also made some great throws under pressure.
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Good game Cards fans. Your defense is legit, and your offense is going to be a force in the future I can tell. Good luck the rest of the season and hope you guys are fighting for a playoff spot.

Thanks I think the Texans will have a bounceback year for sure. As long as Keenum keeps progressing I see no reason why you guys can't be as good as you were last year.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Whiz with a shaved head......
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have paid my house off with a bet that we would be 5-4 after 10 weeks

Who would have thought?

Very impressive overall
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think that our offence would be better as they go against our D each day in practice, think about that
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
You would think that our offence would be better as they go against our D each day in practice, think about that

What about last year? Wouldn't the same logic apply?

sig made by mike23md
mtdowner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA said he's happy with 13 touches for Ellington. I just don't get it. Ellington is a legit weapon and should be getting right around 20 touches or more. Taylor does everything Mendenhall can do but probably holds onto the ball better and doesn't run out of bounds with a lead under 2 minutes. I see no way Mendenhall gets re-signed.

I do like that we are running the ball. But the carries are going to the wrong back. Also, Roberts had himself a nice game.

Also--I think Mathieu is fully capable of taking over for PP21 on returns. If Desean Jackson can do it, the honey badger can do it.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
BA said he's happy with 13 touches for Ellington. I just don't get it. Ellington is a legit weapon and should be getting right around 20 touches or more. Taylor does everything Mendenhall can do but probably holds onto the ball better and doesn't run out of bounds with a lead under 2 minutes. I see no way Mendenhall gets re-signed.

I do like that we are running the ball. But the carries are going to the wrong back. Also, Roberts had himself a nice game.

Also--I think Mathieu is fully capable of taking over for PP21 on returns. If Desean Jackson can do it, the honey badger can do it.

BA has also said he wanted around 20 touches for Ellington which is right up there with the best RBs. He got 13 but he was also targeted 2 other time in the passing game.

He went with Mendenhall when we had the lead and believe it or not Mendenhall had himself a very nice 3rd quarter. You tend to go with the big backs when you're trying to run out the clock because the other team tends to crowd the box.

It was good strategy. Mendenhall just made two bad individual mistakes in the game (fumble and failed 3rd and 1 conversion). That should lose him carries and if it doesn't I'll put that on the coach.

Desean Jackson has also had concussion issues and even missed 5 games last year because of cracked ribs. He doesn't have the frame to consistently withstand high impact hits. Those injuries didn't come on punt returns but returners are more prone to getting injuries per touch than other situations because of the high impact hits. Also you have to remember Mathieu is a rookie and plays numerous positions on defense. You can't put too much on the young man's plate.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

BA has also said he wanted around 20 touches for Ellington which is right up there with the best RBs. He got 13 but he was also targeted 2 other time in the passing game.

He went with Mendenhall when we had the lead and believe it or not Mendenhall had himself a very nice 3rd quarter. You tend to go with the big backs when you're trying to run out the clock because the other team tends to crowd the box.

It was good strategy. Mendenhall just made two bad individual mistakes in the game (fumble and failed 3rd and 1 conversion). That should lose him carries and if it doesn't I'll put that on the coach.

Desean Jackson has also had concussion issues and even missed 5 games last year because of cracked ribs. He doesn't have the frame to consistently withstand high impact hits. Those injuries didn't come on punt returns but returners are more prone to getting injuries per touch than other situations because of the high impact hits. Also you have to remember Mathieu is a rookie and plays numerous positions on defense. You can't put too much on the young man's plate.

I think you make good points but I'm not sure Arians is using that reasoning. I get the feeling he plays those guys because they're "his guys".

Outside of his dumb plays and lack of big play capability I think Mendenhall has been a fairly decent runner. But Ellington adds such an extra dynamic to our offense. I think Ellington needs to be splitting carries but he should be getting the bulk of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: