Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brand New 2014 4 Round Mock Draft!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Brand New 2014 4 Round Mock Draft!! Reply with quote

Hey guys. I have made a mock draft dealing with the first four rounds based on what I have seen this college season so far. The two big OT in Matthews and Lewan will be gone by the time we pick. The first couple of picks will be QB's and OT's. It is to hard to project trades in mocks. I would be supportive to a trade down to possible teams like the Browns.

Offseason

Cut Cortland Finnegan. He can't tackle and is not even one of our two starting corners. He is paid a ton. Lets free up cap space.

Jarius Byrd FS Buffalo Bills- We are in need of a ball hawking safety. There are not any ball hawkins safeties in the draft really besides Haha Clinton Dix. I am not really a fan of Clinton Dix. I am a fan though of Byrd. I know he is not that productive this season. The reason is an injury and tempers are hot between the Bills and Byrd. Byrd should be a free agent this year. We should be in prime position and the favorite to sign Byrd. The reasons are we are opening up cap space with the Finnegan cutting. The Rams are in need for a FS. Byrd is from STL. Who doesn't want to play for the hometown? Lastly he is great friends with Aneius Williams and Williams is his mentor. Williams a Ram legend should convice Byrd to come home. It just makes to much sense. Make it happen Snead.

NFL Draft

Round one pick one- Sammy Watkins WR Clemson- All of the good OT's are gone. Why not take BPA with Watkins. Watkins would be the game changer on our offense. Watkins and Austin would put some serious speed on this team with Givens. Watkins could be our #1 reciever.

Round one pick two- Louis Nix DT Notre Dame- Once again I am taking best player available. Nix will really help solidify our D line. Langford has been struggling all year. Nix and Brockers will help take double teams giving Long and Quinn free access to the QB. I am sick of seeing our team runned all over every week. This week was good but every other week has been horrible.

Round two pick- David Yankey OG Stanford- I loved what I saw with Yankey in the Stanford Oregon game. Yankey will be a great player to pair with Dahl. Both have a mean streak and will help in our power running game.

Round three pick- E.J. Gaines CB Mizzou- I have been following Gaines for a long time. Dude is going to be a steal in the third round. Going to develop in a good starter.

Round four pick- Morgan Moses OT Virginia- Moses has been great this year. He is a perfect fit for RT opposite Jake Long. Going to be a steal.

Draft a backup QB and a speed back

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I can somewhat agree to cutting Finnegan, I dont think it will happen. Also dont think we sign Byrd, I can see him going to Philly to reunite with Chip Kelly who desperately needs a good safety more than we do.

Also, Watkins will be the game changer? Did you not watch Tavon today?

Im a huge fan of Nix, but im a little concerned with his current knee issue which more than likely has to do with his weight.

Lewan and Matthews arent the only two top OT prospects, a guy like Cyrus Kouandjio will move up the boards in a heartbeat especially if Matthews and Lewan go early as you stated.

Dont know a whole lot about the other guys so I cant comment there, but I think a QB is a must in round 3 or 4, no later.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing Byrd would be a huge get, hope the FO can pull it off.

Not a big fan of the first round though, Watkins doesn't really add much to our offense, and Nix isn't the penetrator that we'd probably be looking for opposite Brockers. Not to mention Langford has stepped up his game lately and is only 27 years old.

Rest of the draft looks solid, though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:

Not a big fan of the first round though, Watkins doesn't really add much to our offense, and Nix isn't the penetrator that we'd probably be looking for opposite Brockers. Not to mention Langford has stepped up his game lately and is only 27 years old.

Nix is actually a very good interior pass rusher, he is extremely athletic and quick for a man of his size.

Have Brockers and Nix in theory would immensly upgrade the run defense as well as the interior pass rush.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

Nix is actually a very good interior pass rusher, he is extremely athletic and quick for a man of his size.

Have Brockers and Nix in theory would immensly upgrade the run defense as well as the interior pass rush.

I've seen a ton of Nix and I thought he was a really good pass rusher for a man his size (357 lbs.), especially with his explosiveness off the snap. But in general for DTs, he's a below average pass rusher because he doesn't have much bend or lateral agility. A DT like Hageman is going to make a lot mores plays against the pass, though naturally he's going to be a little easier to push around in the run game. That's why we have Brockers, though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, what? you mean harvey dahl will wear the horns in 2014? please no!
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
wait, what? you mean harvey dahl will wear the horns in 2014? please no!

Depends on what other cuts are made to save some cap, but I wouldn't rule it out...

I've heard Fisher and Snead raving about him on the radio. They seem to love what he brings, even if we don't...

As far as the mock, I would love if it played out like that...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, but with that logic no way fisher will cut finnegan. ever.
Brodie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate the Byrd signing. He is gonna want too much for what he brings to the table. Not sure what he does that is so much better than Atogwe back in the day. Would rather draft Haha Clinton-Dix. Doubt we go after Watkin, already invested a 1st and high 2nd in WRs and the position is packed as is with young talent

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
ok, but with that logic no way fisher will cut finnegan. ever.

Finnegan is set to make much more of a cap hit for the Rams in 2014 than Dahl ever would. He's going to be one of the 1st spots they should look to save money to bring in other talent...

Although, there is a chance that Finnegan may not even get cut next year. I love how people on here just assume that because we assume something as a group that it's automatically set in stone going to happen...

90% of us on here think we should cut Dahl/Finnegan. Doesn't mean squat to the FO...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the first pick I was going BPA. I think the first pick is very confusing. I feel like the Redskins are going to pull out at least 5-6 wins and we will be inelligible for Matthews and Lewan. I don't know really who else to take besides Watkins. I would like to trade it down with a team like Cleveland and get some more picks. Cleveland needs a QB and will want to get in the mix to possibly get Manziel or possibly Derek Carr. I see Carr flying up the draft board come draft day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: