Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 Playoff Picture and Projections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Week 10 Playoff Picture and Projections Reply with quote

If you didn't care about the playoff picture before, now is the time to start paying attention, because with 8 weeks left, the run to the playoffs is about to start.

Also now I will be putting my current projection for the Final Playoff Picture each week.

AFC PLAYOFF PICTURE

Seeds:
1.Chiefs 9-0
2.Patriots 7-2
3.Colts 6-2
4.Bengals 6-3
5.Broncos 7-1
6.Jets 5-4

In the Hunt:
7.Titans 4-4
8.Dolphins 4-4
9.Chargers 4-4
10.Browns 4-5
11.Raiders 3-5
12.Ravens 3-5
13.Bills 3-6
14.Texans 2-6
15.Steelers 2-6

When you take a look at the games this week, the teams that are needed to win don't really have good odds. Some do, but most of the important ones don't likely have a shot. This is a week the Bengals can't afford to lose, because they might not have much of a backup plan after the week is over.

Games of Importance:

1st Slate

1.Rams @ Colts - Need Rams win
2.Jaguars @ Titans - Need Jaguars win
3.Bills @ Steelers - Need Bills win
4.Raiders @ Giants - Need Giants win

2nd Slate

1.Broncos @ Chargers - Need Chargers win
2.Texans @ Cardinals - Need Cardinals win

Monday Night

1.Dolphins @ Buccaneers - Need Buccaneers win

Projected Playoff Standings

1.Broncos 15-1
2.Patriots 13-3
3.Colts 11-5
4.Bengals 10-6
5.Chiefs 12-4
6.Titans 9-7

7.Jets 9-7
8.Chargers 8-8
9.Dolphins 7-9
10.Bills 7-9
11.Ravens 6-10
12.Browns 6-10
13.Raiders 5-11
14.Texans 5-11
15.Steelers 5-11
16.Jaguars 1-15

Last edited by MrCincinnati on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't going to be good week for us in terms of the teams we're in the playoff chase for should all be favorites. We need to step up and get a W against the Ravens.

Honestly these next 2 weeks will be the biggest of the regular season. If we can beat both the Ravens and Browns, we'll be sitting pretty to win the AFCN. Big IF though...
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Picture Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:

At least if we make the play-offs this year, we won't be on the road in Houston......
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Picture Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:

I disagree with both of these. The Bills are a bigger threat (well sort of) for a wild card spot than the Steelers. At this point, if the Steelers catch us, we are out of the running probably

I really disagree with the Broncos-Chargers. The loser of the AFC West between the Cheifs and Broncos is assured a playoff spot at this point, barring an epic collapse. I'd rather see the Chargers accumulate a few losses and knock them down a notch for the WC
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
This isn't going to be good week for us in terms of the teams we're in the playoff chase for should all be favorites. We need to step up and get a W against the Ravens.

Honestly these next 2 weeks will be the biggest of the regular season. If we can beat both the Ravens and Browns, we'll be sitting pretty to win the AFCN. Big IF though...

Yep. The next 2 weeks are big pressure but it also could seal the deal on the division. Win the next 2 games, and there's no way the Bengals will lose the division at this point.

The Ravens are vulnerable right now and its very likely the Bengals can win. Browns have been a surprise, but lets remember something. They only have won 1 game on the road this year. The Bengals are undefeated at home, and the Browns haven't beaten them at Cincinnati since 2008. Bengals have won 8 out of the 9 games they played each other in Cincinnati. Everyone might be worried about this game more than any other right now, but I see no need to worry.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Picture Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

At least if we make the play-offs this year, we won't be on the road in Houston......

The good news they won't have to be on the road PERIOD as long as they win the division. I don't know if they can advance to a conference championship on the road, but I feel good about there odds in the wildcard round if that's where they end up again.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 10 Playoff Picture Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

I disagree with both of these. The Bills are a bigger threat (well sort of) for a wild card spot than the Steelers. At this point, if the Steelers catch us, we are out of the running probably

I really disagree with the Broncos-Chargers. The loser of the AFC West between the Cheifs and Broncos is assured a playoff spot at this point, barring an epic collapse. I'd rather see the Chargers accumulate a few losses and knock them down a notch for the WC

You could argue either way the Steelers game on here. However neither team is a playoff threat in my mind. 2 more losses for both teams and they are done. I honestly just want to see the Steelers lose because the Bengals still have to play them one more time.

The Broncos in my mind are still the top team in the AFC despite the fact being 1 and a half games out on the Chiefs. I see the Chiefs going in a Tailspin soon, while the Broncos win out. I want the Broncos to lose because they are affecting the Bengals seeding chances, and its still possible IMO to get that 1st seed even with 3 losses. I could care less who gets that 6th seed right now, because aiming for the 3rd seed is not the Bengals goal still.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided now that each week Ill post my projections on what the final playoff picture will look like in the end.

Right now I believe the Bengals will be put in the 4th seed and play the Chiefs.

Here's how I see the schedule unfolding right now

@Ravens - W
Browns - W
@Chargers - W
Colts - L
@Steelers - L
Vikings - W
Ravens - L

Once the playoffs start, If they play the Chiefs I think they will win that game and then baring what would happen in the other playoff game could affect there outcome after that. If they go to Denver, I don't see them winning. Go to New England they got a chance even though I would say they lose anyway.

Its what I see right now though.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Bengals loss this week, it pretty much puts them out of the #1 seed talks. The only thing that keeps them in the #2 seed talks now at this point is the fact that they beat the Patriots. One more loss and they will be out of the bye week talks.

The best news this week though was the Colts getting destroyed by the Rams, so that realistically keeps them alive in the #3 seed conversation.

Titans gave the Jags there first win of the year and lost there QB for the year which really hurts there chance in the wildcard race.

Steelers remain in the playoff race as long as the Bengals don't win more games, so they remained alive, but at the same time it hurt the Bills chances so one more loss for them and its over.

Raiders might not looked like a threat but being an AFC team they were still in the race, so that loss helps

Wanted the Broncos to lose, but the good news is now the Chargers lost too. Seeing as the Bengals won't likely get the #1 Seed now, I would rather just see the Broncos take it.

Texans lose again which means one more loss for them and they are done.

Still got tonight's monday night game with the Bucs looking for there first win against the Bucs. And with all the distractions lately in Miami, there's a very good chance they could lose this game.

----

Overall a good week for needing certain teams to lose in the playoff race, which makes this week's loss a little less painful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: