Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDSKIN RECORD FOR THE LAST TWENTY YEARS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: REDSKIN RECORD FOR THE LAST TWENTY YEARS Reply with quote

REGULAR SEASON RECORD 140 WINS 187 LOST
PLAYOFF RECORD 2 WINS 4 LOST
Seems like the Redskins can't seem to put a complete team together. A couple ago it look like the Skins were puting together a strong defense,but that fell apart. Just like the offense last night they looked great in the first half, second half they stunk. That blown holding call that was never called on the last drive in the end zone was horrible, i live in Flordiia 1200 miles away and i saw the hold, yet a ref 10 yards away miss it, you could see the defender pulling the jersey of the Skin receiver.
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the teams of decades past don't affect today, I still think we've got a hell of a core for someone to build off of.

This teams got no swagger, no identity right now. If we get someone in here who's commited to running a zone running game and an aggressive D Coordinator who knows how to actually put people in position (or at the very least inspire the D consistently), will be rolling.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely sad and an eye opener.

I agree with Brian23 also, about this current team and what they need.

What I heard from Vikings players after the game was that their entire coaching staff was ripping them a new one at half time about not executing.

We need a coach or at least coordinators like that and we don't have them. Our coaches are smart X's and O's guys but they aren't motivators and yeah, you shouldn't need that as an NFL player, but when your playing like poop on a stick you need a thrashing!

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
While the teams of decades past don't affect today, I still think we've got a hell of a core for someone to build off of.

This teams got no swagger, no identity right now. If we get someone in here who's commited to running a zone running game and an aggressive D Coordinator who knows how to actually put people in position (or at the very least inspire the D consistently), will be rolling.

Agree with all of this.

Gregg Williams was the perfect defensive coordinator. I know the Bountygate was not a good thing obviously, but how he coached a defense and how he motivated the people to play around him, unquestionably was the best I have seen in a while.

Seeing Haslett up in the box and showing no passion, no inspiration to the team, really is disappointing.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Agree with all of this.

Gregg Williams was the perfect defensive coordinator. I know the Bountygate was not a good thing obviously, but how he coached a defense and how he motivated the people to play around him, unquestionably was the best I have seen in a while.

Seeing Haslett up in the box and showing no passion, no inspiration to the team, really is disappointing.

My only issue with GW is that he was in love with his DB's. I think a great defense is built from the front 7 our.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Agree with all of this.

My only issue with GW is that he was in love with his DB's. I think a great defense is built from the front 7 our.
we put quite a bit of resources into our front 7 with GW.

It wasn't until Gibbs was gone and Cerrato took over all the player personnel decisions that they didn't address the front 7 like I'd like, except for the horrible signing of Haynesworth.

The only draft pick I would have changed of the front secondary when GW was here was Carlos Rogers. I would have rather had Aaron Rodgers, Shawne Merriman or DeMarcus Ware there.

I was against the drafting of another DB so high.

In 07 though, Landry was the best player on the board and if Sean hadn't have been killed, I think Landry would still be here and be playing SS next to ST at FS

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was still all over DB's in Nolan's too. That's just a GW thing.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
He was still all over DB's in Nolan's too. That's just a GW thing.
In NO, they did have some good DL as did we, people forget the signing of Phillip Daniels, Cornelius Griffen and Andre Carter. Shanahan's philosophy of the DBs are the least important position doesn't seem to be working either.

Hopefully in the offseason we can get a true FS, move Meriweather to SS and sign a CB to start opposite Hall or go with Amerson and sign a nickel/slot CB.

DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Agree with all of this.

It wasn't until Gibbs was gone and Cerrato took over all the player personnel decisions that they didn't address the front 7 like I'd like, except for the horrible signing of Haynesworth.

The only draft pick I would have changed of the front secondary when GW was here was Carlos Rogers. I would have rather had Aaron Rodgers, Shawne Merriman or DeMarcus Ware there.

In 07 though, Landry was the best player on the board and if Sean hadn't have been killed, I think Landry would still be here and be playing SS next to ST at FS

Why were we always making excuses for GW though: That his D needs great LBers and the Dline is not there to rush so much as open lanes for LBers. Surely you remember all the arguments about GW not investing in the Dline? They never stopped the whole time he was here...
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Agree with all of this.

Why were we always making excuses for GW though: That his D needs great LBers and the Dline is not there to rush so much as open lanes for LBers. Surely you remember all the arguments about GW not investing in the Dline? They never stopped the whole time he was here...
yes, I remember them. I thought it was more geared towards not drafting a young pass rusher. I know, I wanted one for years and a better DT to go next to Griffen. GW did invest in the DL though, he just did it through FA and not the draft like most of us wanted.

DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:

yes, I remember them. I thought it was more geared towards not drafting a young pass rusher. I know, I wanted one for years and a better DT to go next to Griffen. GW did invest in the DL though, he just did it through FA and not the draft like most of us wanted.

Exactly man. But he didn't even build the line enough in FA.... and No solid long-term investments like building through the draft. We would have one good player on the line while the rest were a various assortment of castoffs, and a decent LB squad.

That was what he did here, and the line was ALWAYS our Achilles heel...The secondary OR LBers would play lights out but either we would get killed by the run or have absolutely 0 Pass Rush from our line... Because they refused to draft anyone high...EVER
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:

Exactly man. But he didn't even build the line enough in FA.... and No solid long-term investments like building through the draft. We would have one good player on the line while the rest were a various assortment of castoffs, and a decent LB squad.

That was what he did here, and the line was ALWAYS our Achilles heel...The secondary OR LBers would play lights out but either we would get killed by the run or have absolutely 0 Pass Rush from our line... Because they refused to draft anyone high...EVER
we rarely got killed by the run. We had one of the best run stuffing DLs in the nfl when GW and even Blache were our Def Coords.

Other than that, as I said, the only difference I would have made would have been the 05 selection. Aaron Rodgers or one of the pass rushers should have been selected other than Carlos Rogers.

Other than that, who would have been better than Daniels, Griffen, and Carter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: