Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjmiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
if we somehow get a later pick say 8-15, CJ Mosley would def be a good pick up. def need LBs to put next to Weatherspoon

no, he really wouldnt. Hes a great prospect but we have spoon and dent is much improved and still improving. We have Bartu and Worrilow as well who both show promise.

For as little as we are on the field with 3 backers, it just doesnt make sense.
The only way id be ok with a LB early if its Mack or Barr.

no he really would...hes way better than Dent and Mosley is a 3 down LB. Dent cant cover.

im not sayin take him over our top needs but if Clowney, Barr, Lewan and Mattews are gone by the time we pick, he should be our guy. im not gonna be ok reaching on a guy like Khalil Mack, James Hurst or Gabe Jackson at like 8-10 jus to hit a need when Mosley is there.

Really? You think Mack is a reach at 8-10 but Mosley isnt? Mack is a legit pass rusher, maybe not von miller, but hes more well rounded. Mosely would be a complete wasted pick. We just dont need anther lber like him.

^^ really? lol
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
if we somehow get a later pick say 8-15, CJ Mosley would def be a good pick up. def need LBs to put next to Weatherspoon

no, he really wouldnt. Hes a great prospect but we have spoon and dent is much improved and still improving. We have Bartu and Worrilow as well who both show promise.

no he really would...hes way better than Dent and Mosley is a 3 down LB. Dent cant cover.

im not sayin take him over our top needs but if Clowney, Barr, Lewan and Mattews are gone by the time we pick, he should be our guy. im not gonna be ok reaching on a guy like Khalil Mack, James Hurst or Gabe Jackson at like 8-10 jus to hit a need when Mosley is there.

Really? You think Mack is a reach at 8-10 but Mosley isnt? Mack is a legit pass rusher, maybe not von miller, but hes more well rounded. Mosely would be a complete wasted pick. We just dont need anther lber like him.

^^ really? lol

I added to my post to break it down better and add to the debate? What was the point of your post?
mjmiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

^^ really? lol

I added to my post to break it down better and add to the debate? What was the point of your post?

im baffled with ur response. Mosley is a 3 down LB. but hes a waste of a pick? it doesnt make any sense. we have so much trouble covering TE's and RB's and with Mosley AND Weatherspoon, we would be able to do that. Mosley is a top 10-15 pick in this draft.

like i said before, i dont want him over an OT or DE but i would easily take him over Mack and later guys.
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack's draft stock has a great possibility of exponentially rising once it's all said and done. Just look at BJ Raji. Our whole forum was mocking him to us in the 2nd round, but he became a top 10 pick.

Mosley is a good LB, but he is not what we desperately need. We can get by on the LB play of Spoon, Dent, and one of the UDFA if we improve our pass rush. To me, that is the most important aspect, along with the o-line, that needs to be addressed. Mack can provide a lethal pass rush while also playing 4-3 OLB responsibilities, Mosley can't.

If the draft were to happen now, would Mack be a reach for us in the 1st? Yes. However, how many early mock drafts look in any way similar after the combine, senior bowl, etc? I don't think it's preposterous to say Mack will jump Mosley in the draft.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
Mack's draft stock has a great possibility of exponentially rising once it's all said and done. Just look at BJ Raji. Our whole forum was mocking him to us in the 2nd round, but he became a top 10 pick.

Mosley is a good LB, but he is not what we desperately need. We can get by on the LB play of Spoon, Dent, and one of the UDFA if we improve our pass rush. To me, that is the most important aspect, along with the o-line, that needs to be addressed. Mack can provide a lethal pass rush while also playing 4-3 OLB responsibilities, Mosley can't.

If the draft were to happen now, would Mack be a reach for us in the 1st? Yes. However, how many early mock drafts look in any way similar after the combine, senior bowl, etc? I don't think it's preposterous to say Mack will jump Mosley in the draft.

i kno he's not what we desperately NEED but as it sits right now Mack would be a reach for us. im not for reaching for players. and i also see Mosley as a better player.
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

i kno he's not what we desperately NEED but as it sits right now Mack would be a reach for us. im not for reaching for players. and i also see Mosley as a better player.
The point is we are set at LB with Spoon/Dent/Worrilow or Bartu in our base package with Spoon/Bartu in the sub package. And that's not even taking the return of the beerman into consideration.

However, we are not set with our ragtag O-line getting dominated at the line of scrimmage on every play and we are not set with the aging Osi and a bunch of unproven mid-round youngsters rushing off the edge.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

The point is we are set at LB with Spoon/Dent/Worrilow or Bartu in our base package with Spoon/Bartu in the sub package. And that's not even taking the return of the beerman into consideration.

However, we are not set with our ragtag O-line getting dominated at the line of scrimmage on every play and we are not set with the aging Osi and a bunch of unproven mid-round youngsters rushing off the edge.

oh so u think Bartu, Dent and Worrilow means we are set? lol oh ok. smh....
devils1854

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack is going to be a top 15 pick when its all said and done. He has the skill set. The only reason he is a "reach" right now is because he wasnt a top pick before the season. Once the college season is over, he will be reevaluated, and he will shoot up draft boards.

#JDI
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

? Notice how in each package I mentioned SPOON, our best linebacker, who immediately makes the players surrounding him better with his high energy and playmaking ability.

so you can "lol" and "shake your head" all you want but you shouldn't omit key figures when you critique someone else's opinion

So if you want to have a meaningful debate and not simply lol and smh like high school girls, why don't you elaborate on your stance and explain why the offensive and defensive lines are not as pressing issues as getting another Middle Linebacker?

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Mack is going to be a top 15 pick when its all said and done. He has the skill set. The only reason he is a "reach" right now is because he wasnt a top pick before the season. Once the college season is over, he will be reevaluated, and he will shoot up draft boards.
Draft guys on twitter are talking top 10 pick right now. None of us would be surprised if he goes that high.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
mjmiller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

? Notice how in each package I mentioned SPOON, our best linebacker, who immediately makes the players surrounding him better with his high energy and playmaking ability.

so you can "lol" and "shake your head" all you want but you shouldn't omit key figures when you critique someone else's opinion

So if you want to have a meaningful debate and not simply lol and smh like high school girls, why don't you elaborate on your stance and explain why the offensive and defensive lines are not as pressing issues as getting another Middle Linebacker?

i have no problem having a debate but when u pretty much read/think what u want then why waste time. i NEVER once said MLB is a bigger need than the trenches. like i said before, if we somehow pick later then we all feel we are going to (like around 8-12 or so) and the players on our board are gone. we should look at Mosley as our pick. thats all i said. as of right now Mack isnt in my top 15-20 and i dont like reaching on players. if he jumps up the boards and actually commands a pick that high, then fine. but i believe Mosley is a better player and LB is def a need. maybe not as high as DE or OT but Dent isnt a 3 down LB. Mosley def is. so instead of reaching for someone that as of right now doesnt warrant that pick, we should pick up someone that does and improves our D. having Weatherspoon and Mosley covering TE's and RB's would be great for this D. i, personally, jus dont feel comfortable having Dent being our starter. he cant cover...i honestly think hes worse than Lofton.

but let me say this again MLB is NOT a bigger need than the trenches. but why pass on a top LB for right now a late first rounder? just doesnt make any sense.

good enough for u?
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

i have no problem having a debate but when u pretty much read/think what u want then why waste time. i NEVER once said MLB is a bigger need than the trenches. like i said before, if we somehow pick later then we all feel we are going to (like around 8-12 or so) and the players on our board are gone. we should look at Mosley as our pick. thats all i said. as of right now Mack isnt in my top 15-20 and i dont like reaching on players. if he jumps up the boards and actually commands a pick that high, then fine. but i believe Mosley is a better player and LB is def a need. maybe not as high as DE or OT but Dent isnt a 3 down LB. Mosley def is. so instead of reaching for someone that as of right now doesnt warrant that pick, we should pick up someone that does and improves our D. having Weatherspoon and Mosley covering TE's and RB's would be great for this D. i, personally, jus dont feel comfortable having Dent being our starter. he cant cover...i honestly think hes worse than Lofton.

but let me say this again MLB is NOT a bigger need than the trenches. but why pass on a top LB for right now a late first rounder? just doesnt make any sense.

good enough for u?

No, its not. No offense, but no one cares where you feel Mack should go. Realistically, hes a mid first and climbing according to everyone in the know.

Im addition, he offers a skill set that is much more impactful at the nfl level than Mosley.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

good enough for u?

No, its not. No offense, but no one cares where you feel Mack should go. Realistically, hes a mid first and climbing according to everyone in the know.

Im addition, he offers a skill set that is much more impactful at the nfl level than Mosley.

and thats ur opinion and thats fine. i jus have him right now in the lower part of the first round with Mosley higher.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

good enough for u?

and thats ur opinion and thats fine. i jus have him right now in the lower part of the first round with Mosley higher.

Well, my opinion is that hes top 10 worthy right now, however thats not really what the "market" dictates. The market of course being how teams view him. See, I can have an opinion and also realize that its not in line with reality ( at least not presently).

You never addressed the bolded either.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping. Let's keep draft talk in here instead of any thread it comes up in.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: