Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Martin incident change your thought on 14 draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Kaiowas05 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
I have a hard time getting excited for the 2014 draft knowing Jeff Ireland is making the picks.

Might not have to worry about that...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/06/sources-ireland-suggested-that-martin-confront-incognito-physically/

Quote:
Per multiple league sources, Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland received a call from Martin’s agent, Rick Smith, before Martin left the team on October 28. Smith complained to Ireland about the manner in which Incognito was treating Martin.

Ireland, according to the sources, suggested to Smith that Martin physically confront Incognito. Ireland specifically mentioned that Martin should “punch” Incognito.

wouldn't that be the perfect get out?

Hell NO !
If there were any suggestions that anybody in a position of authority encouraged one player to "bully" one
player to "toughen him up" & then
told the 2nd party to retaliate ...
Thats along the same lines as "bountygate" without the cash implications.
Thats treding very dangerously along the lines of player safety on top of conduct detremental to the league.

Mr. Ross needs to be proactive & intercede before Goodell does.
I could see rhe comish impose punishment on Mia.

sug

get out of Jeff Irelands contract I mean

like, we're going down, how much of the crew do you want to lose
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaiowas05 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Kaiowas05 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
I have a hard time getting excited for the 2014 draft knowing Jeff Ireland is making the picks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/06/sources-ireland-suggested-that-martin-confront-incognito-physically/

Quote:
Per multiple league sources, Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland received a call from Martin’s agent, Rick Smith, before Martin left the team on October 28. Smith complained to Ireland about the manner in which Incognito was treating Martin.

Ireland, according to the sources, suggested to Smith that Martin physically confront Incognito. Ireland specifically mentioned that Martin should “punch” Incognito.

wouldn't that be the perfect get out?

Hell NO !
If there were any suggestions that anybody in a position of authority encouraged one player to "bully" one
player to "toughen him up" & then
told the 2nd party to retaliate ...
Thats along the same lines as "bountygate" without the cash implications.
Thats treding very dangerously along the lines of player safety on top of conduct detremental to the league.

Mr. Ross needs to be proactive & intercede before Goodell does.
I could see rhe comish impose punishment on Mia.

sug

get out of Jeff Irelands contract I mean

like, we're going down, how much of the crew do you want to lose

I wanted Ireland gone 2 yrs ago so on that we agree.
No question I was on the bandwagon to draft 3 Olinemen last yr & this yr.
Of course I don't want to hemorrage any more starters but at the same time I dont necesarilly want R.I. or J.M. back either.
Clabo sucks, Pounceys been subpoenaed, Dallas doesb't have 1 NFL start under his belt ... where does that leave us !?

I am simply painting the worst case scenario knowing were in a very dificult situation.
Preparing for the worst is simply symptom reaction to the unhealthy status Ireland cultivated.

sug
Dolphin Dave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still way to early for me to be spending much time thinking about the draft. I defiantly think we will be looking at OT/OG in the first and possibly second as well as adding 1-2 via FA. As poor as this line has been playing/acting I fully expect 4 new starters. Not all of those can be rookies.

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Quote:

This doesn't surprise me I said in the Incognito thread that as much as I support the players in all this scandal that I don't trust Ireland one bit. I am really disappointed that I supported him the last couple years
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Quote:
Per multiple league sources, Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland received a call from Martin’s agent, Rick Smith, before Martin left the team on October 28. Smith complained to Ireland about the manner in which Incognito was treatinconfrontedg Martin.

Ireland, according to the sources, suggested to Smith that Martin physically Incognito. Ireland specifically mentioned that Martin should “punch” Incognito.
This doesn't surprise me I said in the Incognito thread that as much as I support the players in all this scandal that I don't trust Ireland one bit. I am really disappointed that I supported him the last couple years

Man don't be too hard on yourself.

sug
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st rd- OT
2nd rd- WR ( I like the kid outta Wis. )
3rd rd- OG/RT /TE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: