Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 round mock with current draft order
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Watkins a lot. He's the type of explosive WR they need. However, I don't know about passing up on Matthews though.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of the draft.

Would rather have Eric Ebron or Antonio Richardson in the 1st. Henderson or Moncrief in the 2nd, with Purifoy in the 3rd.

Panthers main needs are OL and offensive playmakers, this is taken care of in the first 2 rounds, with BPA in the 3rd.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my two cents on the falcons picks:

1) I highly doubt we pass up on an elite OT talent the likes of Matthews for a MLB. Even though the stats don't show it (Ryan gets rid of the ball as soon as its snapped now) we have one of the worst offensive lines in all of football. Gimme OT Matthews instead.

2) Taking a RB when our two/three most glaring needs haven't been met is silly. We are desperate for O-line help and a true edge rusher. We actually have a pretty stacked backfield, just no-one to block for any of them. Our right guard position is easily the weakest position on our roster, and must be addressed in Free Agency or the first two rounds. I'd take OG Gabe Jackson here all day.

3) I like the Easley pick here. He's versatile on the D-line and has a ton of upside. Stick with DE/DT Easley here.

all in all could use some work. This falcons offseason has got to be about bolstering the trenches, focus on the offensive and defensive lines before worrying about MLB and RB.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind Lewan in the 1st considering this is likely Stewarts last season. He plays a year at RT and then switches to LT once Roos is done. Not a fan of the 2nd round pick. Perryman and Skov are easily better players than Johnson and honestly it's not even close. Perryman and Skov are up at the top as the top MLB/ILBs in this draft. Johnson just isn't on their level.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the world would the Cards draft a receiver in round 1? I would love to hear an explanation for that

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally not a fan of Brett Hundley...and why are we taking a SS? TJ Ward is one of the better ones in the game.
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Why in the world would the Cards draft a receiver in round 1? I would love to hear an explanation for that

First of all that is complete value at that pick. Secondly, there is not a QB in the first round that I would have the Cards reach for.

Larry Fitzgerald is ranked 41st in the league in receiving yards among WR's and there is not another Arizona WR anywhere close to him.

The Cardinals need to have more receiving options that are impact players.

Who would you have wanted at that pick?

Remember, that no team drafts for strictly need unless its a QB. Teams draft for value as long as it makes sense. Not going to draft a franchise QB when you have one already.

Cardinals need a playmaker along side Fitzgerald, cause their offense is lethargic.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

First of all that is complete value at that pick. Secondly, there is not a QB in the first round that I would have the Cards reach for.

Larry Fitzgerald is ranked 41st in the league in receiving yards among WR's and there is not another Arizona WR anywhere close to him.

Remember, that no team drafts for strictly need unless its a QB. Teams draft for value as long as it makes sense. Not going to draft a franchise QB when you have one already.

Cardinals need a playmaker along side Fitzgerald, cause their offense is lethargic.

lmfao Fitz doesn't have a lot of receiving yards because Carson Palmer sucks. I just wanted to get that out of the way first and foremost. So don't throw out some stats if you don't even know much about the Cardinals.

And to say that no other receiver on the Cardinals team is close to him is like saying no other receiver on the Lions is close to Calvin Johnson. It's kinda hard to have 2 Larry Fitzgeralds on your team. That being said we drafted Michael Floyd a couple years ago. He can be #1 WR in the NFL no doubt in my mind. His stats don't jump off the page because the Cards don't have a QB to get him the ball. WRs aren't the reason our passing game sucks. What would be the point of getting another WR? Just a waste of a pick since we don't even have a QB who can get him the ball.

I don't even like Marqise Lee as a prospect either and the Cardinals don't have a need for him. Is he even still graded as a first round prospect? I doubt he'll be taken in the first round.

Btw how about you do your homework and give us an OT or OLB? If there is no QB on the board we'll take an OT or an OLB depending on BPA. Then give us Petty or Bortles in the second. That's a logical and realistic draft the Cards would make.
Hootlander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenewbuffalogm wrote:
For Buffalo if Jake Mathews is available at #8 and we pass on him someone needs their head examined, after taking the OT in round 1, I like several guys at #40 led by Jace Amaro, Scott Chandler is ok for us, but he has had some drops this year and a FA to be, other options would be a G, Gabe Jackson or David Yankey, a CB Colvin or Fuller, or best available among DE/OLB/S. I don't see us taking another WR with a young group of 5 already even though there are some talented ones available. In the 3rd round in a no brainer I am taking Michael Sam, a relentless pass rusher to play opposite Mario Williams, and a guy whose motor forces teams to account for him on every play.

I agree. RT is more of a need than LT since Bills really like Glenn and he is playing very well. IMO, we go CB in 2nd round.

Peace
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not awful for the Browns, but not what I'd do. BTW the Browns don't need a SS at all. They need a FS.

Vince Lombardi
Cypher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the board falling that way I think Antonio Richardson in the 1st is likely.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beyond awful picks in the first two rounds for the Falcons.

The team desperately needs help in the trenches. The offensive line might be the worst in the league. Our top three defensive tackles are all free agents, and we have no one to rush the passer.

Our linebacking corps aren't too bad. Akeem aren't has improved ten fold this year in the middle. He could be better in pass coverage, but he has improved enough to keep the starting job.

A new running back can't run the ball effectively if they have no one to block for them. Snelling and Quizz has been effective at times, and Jackson should be back for a second year. A upgraded line could do wonders for the backfield that we now have.

Louis Nix and Cameron Erving in the first two rounds would be perfect. You could double dip with the DT, go TE, or a DE in the 3rd.

#JDI
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the browns the two first round picks and the second round pick are nice. Not great but I wouldn't be upset .

The two 3rd round picks ilb and ss are areas of strength especialy ss. Tj ward is one of the best young ss going

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

Ok, so many places to start...

1. QB's sucking=Fitz numbers go down
2. We still have Michael Floyd and Andre Roberts both very capable at the WR positions, Lee would give us an absolute overload at receiver (Although I think it is Robert's contract year)
3. Who would I have wanted? I want a reasonable selection. BPA is fine but even BPA takes it from your worst positions. We're looking at either an edge rusher, left tackle, QB and safety right now. With this draft right here I'd probably say Kalil Mack or Cameron Erving
4. No this value does not make sense
5. We need a playmaker, hmm. Well in case you haven't watched a Cardinal game this year, Andre Ellington has been very good at making plays, Larry can still play and Michael Floyd is in his second year and doing just fine
6. We aren't going to take a WR in the first round twice in three years. That's laughable at best.
7. I really don't even think Lee is good value there

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor draft for the Raiders unless you have Veldheer leaving in free agency, which I don't see happening. Veldheer is a very solid LT and we just drafted an OT in the second in Watson. I would prefer Adams in the first, Manziel in the second, and Will Sutton or the best available OG in the third.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: