Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EZ's Honest QB Reviews
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice thread and assessments EZ.

I like McCarron more than you do, Mettenberger less. I agree with you on Manziel, but I don't have a huge issue with his personality as his teammates really seem to respond to the kid.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DawgX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the three so far, I like McCarron the most. He might not have as much potential as the other two, but I think he's more likely to be a good QB than the other two, who have good chances of being busts.

Adopt-a-Brown: Alex Mack

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if you take the bias away mr football grows in you. I tried not to like him but when I sat down to watch him I saw things I really like in a qb.

He has great pocket awareness, I love his ability to move, he goes threw progressions (anyone who tells you otherwise either has not watched him or is a liar) and has good acracy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
See if you take the bias away mr football grows in you. I tried not to like him but when I sat down to watch him I saw things I really like in a qb.

He has great pocket awareness, I love his ability to move, he goes threw progressions (anyone who tells you otherwise either has not watched him or is a liar) and has good acracy

I'm not on the bandwagon, but the dude does have some skills. If I had to rank the prospects reviewed my list would be:

1. Mettenberger
2. Manziel
3. McCarron

*I still haven't seen that much of McCarron though. It's hard to pay attention to him when the team is loaded with other NFL bound guys.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

I'm not on the bandwagon, but the dude does have some skills. If I had to rank the prospects reviewed my list would be:

1. Mettenberger
2. Manziel
3. McCarron

*I still haven't seen that much of McCarron though. It's hard to pay attention to him when the team is loaded with other NFL bound guys.

true but you also then have to take into account that about 2000 of mettenberger's 2500 yards passing have gone to two top 50 picks in this draft

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

1. Mettenberger
2. Manziel
3. McCarron

true but you also then have to take into account that about 2000 of mettenberger's 2500 yards passing have gone to two top 50 picks in this draft

Also true. Odell Beckham is actually my draft mancrush this year (or whenever he decides to declare), but Manziel has Evans to throw to and McCarron's wide receivers are no slouches either. All of these guys are throwing to great weapons. Won't they be doing that in the NFL anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

1. Mettenberger
2. Manziel
3. McCarron

Also true. Odell Beckham is actually my draft mancrush this year (or whenever he decides to declare), but Manziel has Evans to throw to and McCarron's wide receivers are no slouches either. All of these guys are throwing to great weapons. Won't they be doing that in the NFL anyway?

Jarvis Landry is pretty good too

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the biggest thing I see when I look at Mccaron play is he just always seems to make the right play, it may not be as flashy as Manziel, or the Velocity of Mettenberger but with him I would be more confident that the right decision wuld be made whether it be the right throw or to throw away

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Stafford? Really? Wow... Definitely a lot higher on Mettenberger than I am. Confused

I'm not saying he's as good as Stafford, but when watching him its what he compares to when Stafford was in college, right down to the top end receiving talent.

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Pretty favorable comparisons. Your analysis is spot on though. I'd be interested in seeing what you believe each prospects' floor is, assuming the comparisons are their ceilings.

Its not so much their ceilings as it is what they make me think of when I watch them. For example, McCarron's ceiling is higher than Trent Green, but when I watch him that's what I see.

Their floors? Im not really good at that sort of thing because in my mind every QB is just a couple bad games from being Brady Quinn.

hornbybrown wrote:

He can go through his progressions, but he often doesn't. And his accuracy was surprising to me. But he's far from a finished prospect, honestly he could use another year in college to refine his mechanics. because when they break down it got pretty fugly.
Browns1987

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Carr is next.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
I hope Carr is next.

Sounds good.

My projected next three are:

Carr, Bridgewater, Mariota
cthomas09

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy this thread thanks EZ. I don't get to watch alot of CFB with my job. I know the names and have seen a bit but it is nice to see what others think. I think this could be a great year for QBs in the draft. The problem is picking the best one at the right spot for our team.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good write up.

Not as high on Mettenberger though as I see him more in the Carson Palmer mold than a Matt Stafford.

Think you have Manziel's on field abilities spot on. The game last night for example, that first pick... awful. And he throws 3 of them. But also throws 5TDs and puts up 40+ AGAIN. I just think even at the NFL level he won't struggle to put points up. His play style is very consistent in that regard. Would he make the most use out of Gordon and Cameron? Unsure but I don't see why not.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:

Not as high on Mettenberger though as I see him more in the Carson Palmer mold than a Matt Stafford.

That's the popular comparison, but I dont see it especially coming out. Here's a 2003 scouting report of Palmer: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/draft/players/14344.html

The dramatic rise in stock from Junior to Senior is the primary comparison. Palmer could read a defense better, didn't force as many bad throws that his receivers could make, didn't have the same long ball accuracy and was more mobile.

Quote:
Think you have Manziel's on field abilities spot on. The game last night for example, that first pick... awful. And he throws 3 of them. But also throws 5TDs and puts up 40+ AGAIN. I just think even at the NFL level he won't struggle to put points up. His play style is very consistent in that regard. Would he make the most use out of Gordon and Cameron? Unsure but I don't see why not.

I don't know. People are quick to say this guy will translate to the NFL. And I think he can... potentially. But his hot-shotting approach to throws and his run style cause me really to worry. He's got more accuracy then I thought but running like he does, being built like he is, and throwing bad passes while in the redzone is a recipe for Michael Vick.
NEL2PAC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job, i'm still up in the air with whom I want to Browns to draft.
One week is boyd, the next someone different. this thread helps a lot. keep them coming, who's next, give us a preview.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: