Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye week mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
2 points I have that I take issue with this.....

1. With what Campbell and Hoyer have ALREADY shown...(without a RG and a running game)...I am really not interested in trading away picks to move up for a QB...We add Sammy Watkins and Beast at G in round 1, grab the big G from Miss state in round 2 and Serifin-Jenkins when he slips to round 3....Tate in FA....Michale Dyer in round 6 and Deion Lewis coming back....Might not matter who we have at QB with all that tallent.....

2. A couple personal mindsets keep me from liking ANY trade up for Mariotta.....

2a. I personally am never trading up for a Running QB till one wins a Super Bowl.

2b. I personally am never trading up for a Redshirt Soph at QB...and I like the Tuna on the criteria he looks for in draft a QB.

2c. Mariotta plays in a gimicky college offense where he dosent take snaps from under center......see Brandon Weeden....IMO it will take a least a season and half (24 games) before Mariotta is ready as a full time under center NFL starter.....

Where is TruckStopJimmy???? I think that cat has one of the coolest screen names in here LOL
Laughing

No big time college QB takes snaps under center anymore. Pro-style offenses, in college, are the way of the dinosaur everyone runs a spread offense now.

1.) QB is the most important position on the field. Hoyer is Matt Flynn and Campbell is nothing more than a Journeyman QB you need a legit franchise QB everything else is secondary.

Also round 1 is too high to pick a guard.

Without a QB then we are nothing more than a mediocre team or a consistent playoff team that has no chance to advance far in the playoffs.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:

1. With what Campbell and Hoyer have ALREADY shown...(without a RG and a running game)...I am really not interested in trading away picks to move up for a QB...We add Sammy Watkins and Beast at G in round 1, grab the big G from Miss state in round 2 and Serifin-Jenkins when he slips to round 3....Tate in FA....Michale Dyer in round 6 and Deion Lewis coming back....Might not matter who we have at QB with all that tallent.....

2. A couple personal mindsets keep me from liking ANY trade up for Mariotta.....

2a. I personally am never trading up for a Running QB till one wins a Super Bowl.

2b. I personally am never trading up for a Redshirt Soph at QB...and I like the Tuna on the criteria he looks for in draft a QB.

2c. Mariotta plays in a gimicky college offense where he dosent take snaps from under center......see Brandon Weeden....IMO it will take a least a season and half (24 games) before Mariotta is ready as a full time under center NFL starter.....

Where is TruckStopJimmy???? I think that cat has one of the coolest screen names in here LOL
Laughing

No big time college QB takes snaps under center anymore. Pro-style offenses, in college, are the way of the dinosaur everyone runs a spread offense now.

1.) QB is the most important position on the field. Hoyer is Matt Flynn and Campbell is nothing more than a Journeyman QB you need a legit franchise QB everything else is secondary.

Without a QB then we are nothing more than a mediocre team or a consistent playoff team that has no chance to advance far in the playoffs.

Seen both play.....I completely disagree with your statement about Hoyer and Flynn....

As far as campbell....so was Rich Gannon before he took the Raiders to the SB.....just saying....there are different points of view out there.....

If I was a GM....there is something in my DNA that will not allow me to trade up for RS soph QB......unless he's 6'5 235lbs, runs a legit 4.3 40YRD, he Completes over 70% of his passes and led the NCAA in passing both years he's played....and he played in college for a legit NFL'er QB coach\OC.....that is the only way I would ever trade up for a RS soph...

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
ahumbert99 wrote:
There isn't a single NFL skill player that played offense at Oregon that is worth a damn ... a big NO for Mariota

I'm going to watch the kid tonight and get back to you on that one.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I watched Mariota and Mettenberger this last week and I was really not that impressed with either of them. I was hoping someone like Mettenberger could have been the second coming of Big Ben but he is more likely to be another younger weeden. The more I watch of these QBs this year the more I want to give Hoyer and Campbell a chance and then draft a rookie QB in either the late 2nd or 3rd round. No big expectations just sit back and learn.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
ahumbert99 wrote:
There isn't a single NFL skill player that played offense at Oregon that is worth a damn ... a big NO for Mariota

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I watched Mariota and Mettenberger this last week and I was really not that impressed with either of them. I was hoping someone like Mettenberger could have been the second coming of Big Ben but he is more likely to be another younger weeden. The more I watch of these QBs this year the more I want to give Hoyer and Campbell a chance and then draft a rookie QB in either the late 2nd or 3rd round. No big expectations just sit back and learn.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Smart man.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
ahumbert99 wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Smart man.

The Browns haven't really had the opportunity to take a sure thing QB anytime in the past decade, and this next draft will be more of the same. Take a 3rd or 4th round QB (I really like that Italian kid from Eastern Illinois) and hope he pans out. If he doesn't, so be it ... much like Colt McCoy, you didn't really lose anything by drafting him.

If they go and draft another 1st round QB and he busts out quickly like Weeden and Quinn, then you just set yourself back again.

Sickest sig ever courtesy of 64 CHAMPS
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
ahumbert99 wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Smart man.

I'm with this too.......we spend the first 4 picks (rounds 1-3) with a fix for our interior O line, and grab 3 playmakers (TE, WR's or RB...rb after round 1) and then let Hoyer and Campbell ride out next year, with weapons, a running game and fixed protection on the interior of the oline....lets see what they can do with a full compliment....
Draft AJ. McCarron in the 4th...and give him a year to sit.....in the 2015 draft, we shouldnt have any glaring holes except QB at that point (if no one steps up) and then we can sell the farm to move up and grab a rookie Franchise QB and let him compete vs McCarron.....looser of Hoyer and Campbell is the 3rd

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:

Laughing

Seen both play.....I completely disagree with your statement about Hoyer and Flynn....

As far as campbell....so was Rich Gannon before he took the Raiders to the SB.....just saying....there are different points of view out there.....

If I was a GM....there is something in my DNA that will not allow me to trade up for RS soph QB......unless he's 6'5 235lbs, runs a legit 4.3 40YRD, he Completes over 70% of his passes and led the NCAA in passing both years he's played....and he played in college for a legit NFL'er QB coach\OC.....that is the only way I would ever trade up for a RS soph...

Hoyer and Flynn are identical. The issue is the adversity to draft a qb high. The issue becomes guys like Gannon are the exception not the norm. If we win 9 this year our win/loss won't change unless we get a top flight qb. Otherwise we are the 49ers sitting with smith and meddling around the playoffs while we pass on the qb to take us to the Superbowl.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:

That's only partially true. Bridgewater, Mettenberger and McCarron all take under center snaps with some regularity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: