Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lets talk playoffs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Lets talk playoffs Reply with quote

Because we are not mathematically eliminated and we can.

We will know a ton more about how realistic our chances are after this week but right now, more so than any recent years, I believe our chances are legit. If Baltimore beats Cincinnati this week it is on like donkey kong.

I have Pittsburgh as follows ::

Buffalo W
Detroit L
Cleveland L
Baltimore L
Miami W
Cincinnati W
Green Bay L
Cleveland L

5-11 (2-4) at the very bottom

Baltimore ::

Cincinnati W
Chicago W
New YorkJ W
Pittsburgh W
Minnesota W
Detroit W
New England L
Cincinnati L

9-7 (3-3)

Cincinnati ::

Baltimore L
Cleveland L
Bye
San Diego W
Indianapolis L
Pittsburgh L
Minnesota W
Baltimore W

9-7 (2-4)

Cleveland ::

Bye
Cincinnati W
Pittsburgh W
Jacksonville W
New England L
Chicago L
New YorkJ W
Pittsburgh W

9-7 (5-1) Division Champs

The most important games we have left are the division and Jets/Jags because those are first tie breakers for the playoffs. If we win just those 5 games are chances of getting in the playoffs are probably 75% of higher even if we don't win the division.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually looking at the standings if we win those 5 games are chances of getting in are going to be 90% or better because our Conference record would be too good for Miami, New York, Baltimore or San Diego to match plus we would have head to head over New York as well as divisional tie breakers over Cincinnati and Baltimore.

The only real threat would be Tennesse as they stand with only 2 conference losses to our 3 and we don't get a chance to beat them.

Jamison on the sig
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Actually looking at the standings if we win those 5 games are chances of getting in are going to be 90% or better because our Conference record would be too good for Miami, New York, Baltimore or San Diego to match plus we would have head to head over New York as well as divisional tie breakers over Cincinnati and Baltimore.

The only real threat would be Tennesse as they stand with only 2 conference losses to our 3 and we don't get a chance to beat them.

The loss to Miami may really come back to bite us.

I agree that it's fun to talk about for a change, but there is a LONG way to go. I personally don't see Cincy collapsing enough for us to get the division, but stranger things have happened.

The wildcard spots in the AFC are wide open at this point.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

We are in the hunt for both division and 6th wild card. I think it rests on us going 10-6. We will need to be 5-1 in the division to win it. As for the wild card, I think we can only afford to lose 2 more games at most. Cinci and NE. NYJ, Jax, Pit *2 and Chi are MUST wins.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

I agree that it's fun to talk about for a change, but there is a LONG way to go. I personally don't see Cincy collapsing enough for us to get the division, but stranger things have happened.

It wouldn't be that big of a collapse. All they need to do is lose to Baltimore and the ball is in our court. We beat them and that gives us the sweep with an equal number of loses.

Miami is not playing well enough to get to 8-9 wins IMO which would make their win over us pointless. Miami is the least of our threats if we take care of business.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
We are in the hunt for both division and 6th wild card. I think it rests on us going 10-6. We will need to be 5-1 in the division to win it. As for the wild card, I think we can only afford to lose 2 more games at most. Cinci and NE. NYJ, Jax, Pit *2 and Chi are MUST wins.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

If you think we can lose 2 more then Chicago is the furthest thing from a must win. I don't see us going toe to toe with Brady so that game a Chicago are the 2 best loses we could hope for.

We have to take care of the division and afc first.

Jamison on the sig
pmk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

It wouldn't be that big of a collapse. All they need to do is lose to Baltimore and the ball is in our court. We beat them and that gives us the sweep with an equal number of loses.

Miami is not playing well enough to get to 8-9 wins IMO which would make their win over us pointless. Miami is the least of our threats if we take care of business.
I have to agree, losing their two best defensive players in back to back weeks is going to put a lot of pressure on Dalton. I can't remember a team that transition from being known for their tough D and ball security on offense to opening things up offensively in the second half of the year after their defense got decimated by injuries. If cincy can keep it up I will be very impressed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

If you think we can lose 2 more then Chicago is the furthest thing from a must win. I don't see us going toe to toe with Brady so that game a Chicago are the 2 best loses we could hope for.

We have to take care of the division and afc first.

Agreed that an NFC game could be one we could lose and not have that bad of an effect on us. However in cinci and in NE are going to be very hard games to pull out. That makes the chicago game a "any port in the storm" type game we must win at home in the middle of december. Plus I'm going to that game and really want to see a win! lol Lastly can we all agree that our playoff hopes seem to be in New Jersey this year? We must beat the jets if we want any chance of a wild card.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 10 Receptions, 144 Yards (14.4 ypc), 1 TD, 8 FD
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we are eager. But I can't do this right now.

Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Spot*

KC and Denver are in the same division.

Only 1 spot is wide open.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 2nd time in here.....since I think I've been on here....this is a LEGIT conversation....I am one of the bigger Mock draft makers in here....this year, I have HONESTLY not completed a single one....(I do have one working though...that has us doubling up on RB in rounds 5th and 6th with Isaiah Crowell and Michel Dyer)...I digress....

THIS IS WAY MORE FUN TO THINK AND TALK ABOUT!!!!!

Kam you are quickly becoming one of my favorite Posters in here....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinci losing to Pitt is not happening.

Tho them losing Geno Atkins is a big help. Makes our interior offensive line woes less glaring

I think we slip up against chicago though. Forte and Bennett will cause match up problems for us.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were too harsh on Bengals and too nice with Ravens.

I think Bengals win the division and we fight for the last wildcard spot with the Jets, thats where my focus is.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
You were too harsh on Bengals and too nice with Ravens.

I think Bengals win the division and we fight for the last wildcard spot with the Jets, thats where my focus is.

Way too nice on the ravens IMO, but about right for cinci.

Browns continue to play like last Sunday and it will be a dogfight between us and the bengals for the division.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jason Campbell keeps playing like he has been, then Cleveland has a very good chance at making the playoffs. Their schedule the rest of the way is easier than it has been the first nine games.

I still think the Bengals make the playoffs, but they seem a bit inconsistent. If the Browns go down to Cincinnati and come out with a win, that would be huge. 'Cause that would put them at 3-1 in the division with two games left vs. the Steelers, who are definitely beatable.

How the Browns play the next two games vs. Cincinnati and Pittsburgh will be very telling how the rest of the season goes.

Smack on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: