Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetical J Martin
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Why would they dump him and not Incognito? Not the first time Richie's been caught being an assclown.

Maybe because Martin is uncomfortable in that environment, and the Dolphins want to completely move on and act like it never happened.

Who is worth more to the team, a lousy G who plays like his name, or a talented young LT.

Incognito will be released. He has always been a problem since his days in St. Louis. Nothing has changed. He is a stinky pile of cow dung. And I am glad that he is suspended.
no doubt. Did you read this piece?

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=sports&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57610770/richie-incognito-sent-racist-texts-to-jonathan-martin-sources-say/&catid=57610770

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daboyle250

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Why would they dump him and not Incognito? Not the first time Richie's been caught being an assclown.

Maybe because Martin is uncomfortable in that environment, and the Dolphins want to completely move on and act like it never happened.

Who is worth more to the team, a lousy G who plays like his name, or a talented young LT.

Incognito will be released. He has always been a problem since his days in St. Louis. Nothing has changed. He is a stinky pile of cow dung. And I am glad that he is suspended.

I understand that but what if Martin doesn't want to return because he associates it with bad memories with Incognito? It will always be there, but a new location can mean he can start fresh. I like Martin, and even with his struggles this year, he can come in and be depth until he understands our system and is ready to go in.

I really hate Incognito, and I think that people like him have no place in the NFL. There are players who I can say I hate, like Suh, but Oncognito blows everyone out of the water on that. You don't do that to your own teammates.

Tracker: 39 catches, 443 yards, 3 TD
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that since the trade deadline has come and gone, the Dolphins can do nothing regarding Martin. They can either put/keep him on the non-football illness list (and if they so choose, not pay him though I think they have enough bad PR that they'd be idiots to do this), cut Martin (even worse than not paying him), or just leave him on the roster but make him inactive (hurting the team).

All in all, they're kind of screwed right now. Best case would be to Reserve/NFI him and keep paying him. Investigate Incognito thoroughly, and then let him go when the season is over. Then either trade Martin for a 5th once the 2014 season begins (or whatever you can get for him) or plead with him to come back after you clean house.
Luke1592

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Hypothetical J Martin Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Obviously this kid is not going to be able to return to the Dolphins!! I expect the two to mutually sever ties! If there is a way we could claim this kid, we should go all out!!! I feel we have a very mature family like locker room that would embrace this kid and allow him to flourish! I think he could develop into a nice RT for us, and that would be one less issue we wont have to address in the draft or FA!!
I realize this is all hypothetical, but I would like to get the opinion of you guys on this subject!!

Why upgrade at RT? Polumbus is rated as the best RT in the league this year by PFF.
daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hypothetical J Martin Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Obviously this kid is not going to be able to return to the Dolphins!! I expect the two to mutually sever ties! If there is a way we could claim this kid, we should go all out!!! I feel we have a very mature family like locker room that would embrace this kid and allow him to flourish! I think he could develop into a nice RT for us, and that would be one less issue we wont have to address in the draft or FA!!
I realize this is all hypothetical, but I would like to get the opinion of you guys on this subject!!

Why upgrade at RT? Polumbus is rated as the best RT in the league this year by PFF.

Not even Laughing

Tracker: 39 catches, 443 yards, 3 TD
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Hypothetical J Martin Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

I see what you did there...lol

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard this morning that Incognito was bullied as a child and because of that he started bulking himself up into this huge football player. I'm certainly not condoning what Incognito did, but it seems he had bad experiences in his childhood and needed some therapy that he never received.

Case in point the reason why you can't "always" trust Pro football focus. If you've watched the games, then go to pro football focus as a reference, that's cool, but every redskins fan knows Polumbus is a liability and our worst starting OL.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Montgomery is the worst starting OL
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking like this is a real possibility for this year, most likely next year.

Apparently he was treated so poorly and that affected him a lot. Kids got talent, we need to take a shot on him

MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Apparently he was treated so poorly and that affected him a lot. Kids got talent, we need to take a shot on him
Not to kick a guy when he's down, but he hasn't been all that impressive on the football field.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 34 tackles, 7 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 24 catches, 229 rec yards
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Not to kick a guy when he's down, but he hasn't been all that impressive on the football field.

Now does he look like a ZBS linemen.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

could have been the nature of the environment

MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

could have been the nature of the environment
Or he's just not a professional football player.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 34 tackles, 7 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 24 catches, 229 rec yards
brandonb2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOPE!!!

We dont need a another soft offensive lineman we already have two starting on the line in Kory and Will. Kory and Will have had their moments this year when they played well as far as run blocking but the interior needs to be upgraded ASAP as well as Tyler Polumbus.

At this point Jonathan Martin has lost all respect from his peers and its going to be hard to gain that back. Hell I'd rather have Richie Incogonito here before Jonathan Martin. We need a mean presence on the line other then Trent. The way Kory and Will get handled by DT's is amusing and saddening at the same time.

I hate that we have so many holes as far as the O-line and defense goes. Hopefully with the salary cap hit clearing this off season we can upgrade a few positions that we desperately need upgraded.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandonb2005 wrote:
NOPE!!!

We dont need a another soft offensive lineman we already have two starting on the line in Kory and Will. Kory and Will have had their moments this year when they played well as far as run blocking but the interior needs to be upgraded ASAP as well as Tyler Polumbus.

At this point Jonathan Martin has lost all respect from his peers and its going to be hard to gain that back. Hell I'd rather have Richie Incogonito here before Jonathan Martin. We need a mean presence on the line other then Trent. The way Kory and Will get handled by DT's is amusing and saddening at the same time.

I hate that we have so many holes as far as the O-line and defense goes. Hopefully with the salary cap hit clearing this off season we can upgrade a few positions that we desperately need upgraded.
Well, I believe we'll have 40 to 50 million in salary cap room in March, depending in how much they raise the salary cap this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: