Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Titans Draft Thread(2 DAYS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
TiTaN NaTioN!! wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
TiTaN NaTioN!! wrote:
Ok, so we're just over the halfway point. Where do you rank the positions of need?

I will start by saying that if they resign Pollard and fire Jerry Gray, I think it will lessen the need of a CB/S. From what I have seen, the DB play seems to be better when Williams is calling the plays. Hell, the entire defense seems to play better when Williams is calling the shots. So with that said....

That's just thing though, nobody truly knows when the defensive effort is Williams fault or Grey's. People have started to just assume that when things work, it was Williams, when it doesn't it was Grey. That's flawed thinking. Its been a collaborative effort all year. Blaine Bishop and Kevin Dyson mentioned this after the game. Only Munch, the defensive staff and the defensive players know what Grey has added that works vs. what Williams has added. Assuming otherwise is unfair to both men.

Gregg Williams is smart enough to not have Casey drop back and cover Cook. That looked like some Gray crap right there. I know some will say that it was one play, but I also seen a lot of more zone than what we usually do. The same kind of zone that we saw last year that led to one of the worst defenses ever and the same kind of zone that let Clemens dink and dunk on us all day.

Sounds like a zone blitz to me. which is a staple of Greg Williams's defensive scheme. The concept is simple, you drop the linemen in coverage in hopes of confusing the pre-snap protection read, then you blitz trying to get quick pressure and force the QB into a bad throw or to a quick check down into an area, which is where you drop your linemen. If that play results in a sack, or Casey knocking down or picking off a pass because Clemon's wasn't expecting a lineman in coverage, then you're likely praising Williams for his creativity. Instead it didn't so its some 'Grey crap'.

Exactly. Defensive lineman dropping into coverage happens all the time. I'm not a huge fan of it because I'm not a huge fan of the zone blitz in general, but it happens with numerous coordinators.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shayne Skov for Stanford is an absolute beast. Him and Denzel Perryman are my top 2 favorites to draft to become our new MLB.

Edit: Also love Trent Murphy for Stanford. If we could get Murphy and one of those MLBs in the first 2 rounds, I'd be thrilled.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Shayne Skov for Stanford is an absolute beast. Him and Denzel Perryman are my top 2 favorites to draft to become our new MLB.

Edit: Also love Trent Murphy for Stanford. If we could get Murphy and one of those MLBs in the first 2 rounds, I'd be thrilled.

I just hope Skov falls to us in the 4th round. That's where not having our 3rd rounder will hurt us
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I just hope Skov falls to us in the 4th round. That's where not having our 3rd rounder will hurt us

I doubt he falls past the 2nd.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Skov looks good but doesn't he have a injury history? I think I recall he had a torned up knee or something?

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Skov looks good but doesn't he have a injury history? I think I recall he had a torned up knee or something?

Yea he tore his ACL last year but he's clearly shown he's fine. He's been outstanding this year.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. DE
2. DT
3. CB (This will be 2 if/when Verner leaves)
4. MLB
5. Backup QB
6. TE
7. RT
8. KR
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Blake Bortles in the 1st.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc fan here..

what position or player would you fans like to be selected this coming draft with your first pick

The top 3 Qbs are gone(sorry Manziel went to Houston at 5)
The top 3 tackles are gone
Clowney Barr And Mack have all been selected
Watson and Evans are gone
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
Buc fan here..

what position or player would you fans like to be selected this coming draft with your first pick

Who's the top 3 QBs? Who's the top 3 T's? Manziel won't be a good player at this level anyway so could care less. I'd probably go with Hageman, Nix, or Bortles(assuming he's available).
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:
Buc fan here..

Who's the top 3 QBs? Who's the top 3 T's? Manziel won't be a good player at this level anyway so could care less. I'd probably go with Hageman, Nix, or Bortles(assuming he's available).

I assume the top 3 are Teddy, Mariotta and Manziel... Me personally would take Clowney. I still believe he will be a stud at the next level. I'd prefer to wait on a QB and select Aaron Murray later in the draft or McCarron. OR trade back into the first later for a QB such as Bortles or something.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
Buc fan here..

Unless Bortles isn't one of your top 3 QB's he should be the pick. If he is, I would look at Nix, CJ Mosley and maybe even Ogbuehi. Personally I don't wanna pick an OT in the 1st round, but Ogbuehi is ridiculously talented and he should be someone to consider.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:
Buc fan here..

I assume the top 3 are Teddy, Mariotta and Manziel... Me personally would take Clowney. I still believe he will be a stud at the next level. I'd prefer to wait on a QB and select Aaron Murray later in the draft or McCarron. OR trade back into the first later for a QB such as Bortles or something.

I'd take Clowney too but he was selected already.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:
Buc fan here..

I'd take Clowney too but he was selected already.

Haha completely misread that this morning.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Brinkley decides to screw things up with low/high snaps in the rest of the games. We need to target this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZak4E03vTQ

I don't whats most awesome: The shots or his outfit alongside the music.

EDIT: Just to clear things, I'm joking. I don't really want him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 10 of 64

Jump to: