Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014, who are our qbs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Lombardi LOVES Hoyer

He's the guy next year.

That is a recipe for disaster.
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Manziel is the only way you can go.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Johnny Manziel is the only way you can go.

Where we are picking I agree. We will be picking at the earliest about pick 14.

If we could somehow get Evans as well that would be a great first round

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Lombardi LOVES Hoyer

He's the guy next year.

That is a recipe for disaster.

Is that why he was 2-0?
Vino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 95% sure the Browns will use their second first round pick on Zach Mettenberger. The other 5% is just in case they feel they can wait and draft him early in the second round and use the late first rounder on that Oregon CB.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alabama junior WR Christion Jones said senior QB A.J. McCarron's "brain is so at Nick Saban's level."
Jones was making this statement regarding McCarron's ability to break down coverages and running the team's offense. We've consistently stated that McCarron understands his limitations and is an extension of the coaching staff on the field, performing the correct first or second read in a clean pocket. We are interested to see how he handles LSU's pass rush on Saturday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/cfb/nfl-draft-player-news

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Vino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCarron is just too physically limited to start in the NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
McCarron is just too physically limited to start in the NFL.

We (Brown's fans) have an affinity for physically limited QBs...
StewieRules

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've been as pleasantly surprised as anyone about Campbell. A quick look at his numbers shows a steady history - he's never had a year throwing more pics than TDs, almost always a low-to-mid 60s% completions percentage and YPA's of 6.5 or better, QBR's in the mid-80's. About the only chink in the armor I did see was fumbles - 34 of em in 3 seasons with the Redskins.

could be he's pulling a Rich Gannon - journeyman for most of his career and then a heady move to the upper levels? Honestly, I don't know but I think it's safe to assume he and Hoyer will be battling it out next year for the starting spot.

I say draft Manziel (who'll be all of 21) with our 1st pick, find weapons & finish the D with the others. I don't subscribe to the 2 rookies as back-ups theory ala the Redskins, more times than not they end up looking like, well, rookies.

Campbell/Hoyer/Manziel
Hoyer/Campbell/Manziel

May the best man win!
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
Well I've been as pleasantly surprised as anyone about Campbell. A quick look at his numbers shows a steady history - he's never had a year throwing more pics than TDs, almost always a low-to-mid 60s% completions percentage and YPA's of 6.5 or better, QBR's in the mid-80's. About the only chink in the armor I did see was fumbles - 34 of em in 3 seasons with the Redskins.

could be he's pulling a Rich Gannon - journeyman for most of his career and then a heady move to the upper levels? Honestly, I don't know but I think it's safe to assume he and Hoyer will be battling it out next year for the starting spot.

I say draft Manziel (who'll be all of 21) with our 1st pick, find weapons & finish the D with the others. I don't subscribe to the 2 rookies as back-ups theory ala the Redskins, more times than not they end up looking like, well, rookies.

Campbell/Hoyer/Manziel
Hoyer/Campbell/Manziel

May the best man win!

I could not agree more. That's exactly what I want to do assuming we cant draft Teddy or Marus which i don't wxpect to be able to.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Campbell's stats might be better he had made some of the same throws into traffic that in past years have gotten him into trouble.

I think both Campbell and Hoyer have both played well, although I think part of the problem that clouds folks judgment, is we have seen both after having watched Weeden and the differecne is so night and day that we probably are overestimating both of them.

Personally I think I prefer Hoyer just slightly over Campbell and I think he might have intangibles that Campbell does not. I tend to view Campbell as a journeyman who is probably never going to be more than decent at this level. With Hoyer I do not have a large enough sample to say one way or the other if he can be more than that, but I would rather roll the dice with him and see if we have more than and adequate QB that might be a good starter for 2-3 years while we groom the "franchise" QB while still having a veteran back-up and mentor in Campbell.

I would keep both veterans, draft a rookie most likely in one of the first three rounds and put no pressure on the rookie to start. If the rookie is gifted nough and ready to beat out the other two guys then you change your plan, otherwise let him sit and learn.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Campbell and Hoyer for the most part of next season. We draft a top QB and sit the kid for a year. He can be 3rd string and hold a clipboard. If injuries happen then he can play and earn the starting spot. No more of this trial by fire stuff. We need to do our research, watch footage and look at what the kid can do.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
brownsfan214

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
brownsfan214 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
if campbell keeps playing like he is now...

superbowl next year. that being said, i dont think he does. still, i think he'll play well enough in this system to dserve first crack at starting opening day 2014.
Hoyer as your #2, and rookie as the #3.

So are you on the bandwagon that Hoyer's two starts should have him starting?

I just cant see the whole opinion. He had ONE good game and one ok game. Why is everyone convinced he's amazing?

what?

im on the campbell bandwagon... he's been better than hoyer's two starts, 5 TD 0 INT, 60%+ 7.5 YPA 106 QBrating against our arch rival and the only undefeated team with the best D in the league...

why wouldnt i be on that bandwagon... are you not? those are super bowl qb stats if extrapolated to 19/20 games. I dont think he keeps it up, but he certainly will play well enough for a Jason Campbell led Browns team to make it to the playoffs if he had 16 games to work with.

Im on the Campbell bandwagon...ish. I think hes done extremely well but he is 32 so he doesnt have more than a couple of years in him to continue playing at this level.

AND I NOT ON THE HOYER BANDWAGON! The guy isnt very good, I dont know why everyone seems to think he his though.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan214 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
brownsfan214 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
if campbell keeps playing like he is now...

superbowl next year. that being said, i dont think he does. still, i think he'll play well enough in this system to dserve first crack at starting opening day 2014.
Hoyer as your #2, and rookie as the #3.

So are you on the bandwagon that Hoyer's two starts should have him starting?

I just cant see the whole opinion. He had ONE good game and one ok game. Why is everyone convinced he's amazing?

what?

im on the campbell bandwagon... he's been better than hoyer's two starts, 5 TD 0 INT, 60%+ 7.5 YPA 106 QBrating against our arch rival and the only undefeated team with the best D in the league...

why wouldnt i be on that bandwagon... are you not? those are super bowl qb stats if extrapolated to 19/20 games. I dont think he keeps it up, but he certainly will play well enough for a Jason Campbell led Browns team to make it to the playoffs if he had 16 games to work with.

Im on the Campbell bandwagon...ish. I think hes done extremely well but he is 32 so he doesnt have more than a couple of years in him to continue playing at this level.

AND I NOT ON THE HOYER BANDWAGON! The guy isnt very good, I dont know why everyone seems to think he his though.

who knows maybe Campbell is the next Rich Gannon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: