Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why We Are 3-6 - The Stats - Week 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of these stats don't show everything however. For example we KILLED the cowboys in time of possession and yards but we stalled in the redzone 3 times where if we scored we win that game, even though our special teams sucked.

Against the Lions, the D was not at fault but two very costly turnovers by RGIII and fumble and the INT both deep in Lions territory. And I don't think the stats go over Robinson dropping (or not) a TD pass.

Denver. I don't know how you can blame the D on this one. They score a TD for you, keep the game tied in the first half against the most explosive offense in the league but your QB and offense can't get anything done against one of the worse defenses in the league. A defense that the cowboy offense put 500 yards against.

The Eagles: Again the defense gave you the lead with a TD. Were they terrible the rest of the first half....Absolutely. but how did the offense help with two INTs a fumble and a safety...oh yea a missed FG and loosing by 5 points?

Plenty of blame to go around and I would started with the special teams, then #10, then the receivers, then the secondary. In that order.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added defensive scoring, time of possession, and turnover information.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 34 tackles, 7 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 24 catches, 229 rec yards
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats have been updated through Week 9. The numbers in parenthesis are the stats from last week so you can see the change.

Adopt - a - Redskin
daboyle250

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've improved on Penalties but we suck at ST. Defensive yards given up sucks too.

Tracker: 39 catches, 443 yards, 3 TD
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
We've improved on Penalties but we suck at ST. Defensive yards given up sucks too.
I agree, the stats show we have quite possibly the worst special teams unit in the NFL. The only negatives I took from offensive are we don't have enough explosive passing plays and we don't score a lot of passing TDs. Defensively we do a decent job of generating turnovers but otherwise its a poor unit.

Adopt - a - Redskin
daboyle250

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:
I agree, the stats show we have quite possibly the worst special teams unit in the NFL. The only negatives I took from offensive are we don't have enough explosive passing plays and we don't score a lot of passing TDs. Defensively we do a decent job of generating turnovers but otherwise its a poor unit.

A good chunk of these turnovers came from D. Hall Cool

Tracker: 39 catches, 443 yards, 3 TD
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:

Dhall probably deserves to go to the probowl if he continues to perform the way he has the first half of the season.

Adopt - a - Redskin
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:

Dhall probably deserves to go to the probowl if he continues to perform the way he has the first half of the season.
He definitely deserves to go to the pro bowl!

As far as I'm concerned the offense needs to execute better in the redzone, as does the FG unit when they're in FG range. I mean, the amount of points this offense has left on the field is ridiculous. Reminds me of 06 and 09.

Last week, if Forbath kicks one of those kicks higher, or RG3 doesn't get his pass knocked down in the endzone, we don't have to go into overtime. If they could score some more Tds when they're close and not beat themselves with bad penalties and incomplete passes, we would have won a few more games and we'd be 5-3.

Hopefully, we see that from now moving forward.

I mean, our defense only gave up 17 points last week. Vs the Cowboys, we only gave up 17 pretty much - the special teams gave up the 90 yard kick off return and that put our defense in a horrible spot, which has pretty much been most of the defenses problem all year. Inept offense and special teams putting the defense in short fields to defend.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:

He's playing like an All Pro this year.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats have been updated for Week 10. Sorry they took so long, its been a crazy week.

Adopt - a - Redskin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: