Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We need a Sammy Watkins thread (Includes Mock)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you consider taking Sammy Watkins with our FIRST first-round pick?
Chyeah boi
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Nahh
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dat Jury still be out there!!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Watkins a lot.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
CBrownsman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really my hope is that we take any one of the top 3 reicevers with out first pick in the first round. I think I would place Mike Evans first, but Sammy Watkins and Marquis Lee are right behind him. I would be thrilled if they went this way with their first pick.

Then I hope they go after a QB with the second pick in the first round (Many teams covet QB's before our first draft pick, few covet first round QB's between our first and our second first round pick, but then a lot of teams will be looking that way again that missed out on one the first time around before our second pick.) I think the perfect time to nab a QB is with our late first round pick and we can get the best of the second tier (I.E. not bridgewater or Mariota). Maybe Hundley if he declares? Maybe Mettenburger, or Manzel, or Boyd, or Carr, or McCaron? Really i'm on board with whoever our scouting depratment thinks will be the best option. They know more than I do about what to look for.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watkins has been talked about. I've said numerous times that I would love Watkins as Cleveland's first pick if they don't select a QB. Then give me someone like Carr with the first from Indy or in the second.

Smack on the sig.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Clemson junior WR Sammy Watkins caught eight passes for 169 yards and two touchdowns in the school's 59-10 win over Virginia.
Watkins had a long touchdown reception of 96 yards on a vertical route along the sideline. The receiver slowed to make the bucket grab and used speed to out run defenders for the score. Some receivers offer more size, but Watkins remains the top prospect at the position

4thandPunt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
I feel relatively confidence that Lombardi and Banner will not draft a RB with Indy's pick.

I kind of want them to draft a RB there because it would be really, really funny to find a superior RB with their first round pick.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Clemson junior WR Sammy Watkins is averaging 9.71 yards after the catch this season.
This is a ridiculous number, and as Greg Peshek notes, Tavon Austin's eight-plus YAD average last year was an outlier. Watkins averages 10.1 yards after the catch on non-screens, per Peshek. Also, Watkins' favorite routes appear to be posts and corners and comebacks

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/cfb/nfl-draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: