Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons145 mock offseason

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
falcons145


Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Falcons145 mock offseason Reply with quote

Resignings

Corey Peters 4 years 18 million
Peria Jerry 2 years 6 million
Chase Coffman 2 years 2.2 million
Drew Davis 4 years 5.6 million

Release
CB Asante Samuel
G Garrett Reynolds

FA Signings
C Alex Mack 4 years 24 million



Draft
5th overall pick - Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
2nd round - La'el Collins OG LSU
3rd round - Daniel Mcullers DT Tennessee
4th round - Juwaun James OT Tennessee
5th round - Jabari Hunt-Days LB Georgia Tech
6th round - Deion Belue CB Alabama
7th round - Jalen Saunders WR Oklahoma


Last edited by falcons145 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4095
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, although are we shifting Konz back to right guard?
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpicyMcHaggis


Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 738
Location: South Florida
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good with that. Still trying to grasp how so many things went wrong that we will have a top 10 pick... or a top 5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1787
Location: GA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
I like it, although are we shifting Konz back to right guard?


I was wondering the same thing. Overall I like it. Hits all of our needs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falcons145


Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
I like it, although are we shifting Konz back to right guard?


All depends on how training camp goes. Baker, Blalock, and Mack would be locks of course, but on the right side we could maybe have Konz and Collins compete for RG and Holmes and James could compete for RT. Maybe Konz wins the job, and Collins sits on the bench until Blalock leaves then takes over at LG, or maybe Collins wins, Konz becomes a backup and we don't resign him when his contract is up. It would all depend on the play of them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14093
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Vols? Yes please
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 21987
Location: Tyler Starr, Adopt a Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still don't see how Clowney, the Consensious best player in the draft, falls to 5, especially with teams like the Giants and Bucs needing DE help badly.
_________________

#JDI

Chuckie Keeton, Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falcons145


Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Still don't see how Clowney, the Consensious best player in the draft, falls to 5, especially with teams like the Giants and Bucs needing DE help badly.


If clowney doesn't then Barr will
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14093
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcons145 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Still don't see how Clowney, the Consensious best player in the draft, falls to 5, especially with teams like the Giants and Bucs needing DE help badly.


If clowney doesn't then Barr will

It depends. The top 3 players in the draft to most right now are:
1. Clowney
2. Teddy
3. Barr

We'd be lucky to get either at 5 IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4400
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Still don't see how Clowney, the Consensious best player in the draft, falls to 5, especially with teams like the Giants and Bucs needing DE help badly.


I could see the Bucs taking Clowney but the Giants need Oline help worse than they need Clowney. I could see Jake Matthews high on their board.

The Bucs will have a new coach next year so they could go QB if that coach isn't a believer in Glennon. And with Clowney's subpar year and possible red flags that some are predicting at the combine interviews, he could slip to 5. Now whether we take him there would be the question.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falcons145


Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
falcons145 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Still don't see how Clowney, the Consensious best player in the draft, falls to 5, especially with teams like the Giants and Bucs needing DE help badly.


If clowney doesn't then Barr will

It depends. The top 3 players in the draft to most right now are:
1. Clowney
2. Teddy
3. Barr

We'd be lucky to get either at 5 IMO.


If we get neither then we'd either trade down or take Jake Matthews, and obviously the rest if the draft would be different
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 21987
Location: Tyler Starr, Adopt a Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Still don't see how Clowney, the Consensious best player in the draft, falls to 5, especially with teams like the Giants and Bucs needing DE help badly.


I could see the Bucs taking Clowney but the Giants need Oline help worse than they need Clowney. I could see Jake Matthews high on their board.

The Bucs will have a new coach next year so they could go QB if that coach isn't a believer in Glennon. And with Clowney's subpar year and possible red flags that some are predicting at the combine interviews, he could slip to 5. Now whether we take him there would be the question.


Bucs are QB or Clowney
Giants are OT or Clowney
Vikings are QB or Clowney

All three are ahead of Atlanta right now. Besides injuries, Clowney's year hasn't been subpar. Don't let the ESPN machine let you believe it. People are scheming away from Clowney this whole season. I don't think Georgia ran his way one time the whole game, and Murray was taking 3 step drop for most of the time. I've seen it in other games. Just because he doesn't have the sack numbers, nor a Sportscenter "woah" highlight, doesn't mean he hasn't been dominant. I don't see any way he makes it past #3, and I say #3 because some team might fall in love with a QB and take them second.
_________________

#JDI

Chuckie Keeton, Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be shocked if the Buccs don't go QB this offseason. Glennon's not why they are losing games.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4400
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Still don't see how Clowney, the Consensious best player in the draft, falls to 5, especially with teams like the Giants and Bucs needing DE help badly.


I could see the Bucs taking Clowney but the Giants need Oline help worse than they need Clowney. I could see Jake Matthews high on their board.

The Bucs will have a new coach next year so they could go QB if that coach isn't a believer in Glennon. And with Clowney's subpar year and possible red flags that some are predicting at the combine interviews, he could slip to 5. Now whether we take him there would be the question.


Bucs are QB or Clowney
Giants are OT or Clowney
Vikings are QB or Clowney

All three are ahead of Atlanta right now. Besides injuries, Clowney's year hasn't been subpar. Don't let the ESPN machine let you believe it. People are scheming away from Clowney this whole season. I don't think Georgia ran his way one time the whole game, and Murray was taking 3 step drop for most of the time. I've seen it in other games. Just because he doesn't have the sack numbers, nor a Sportscenter "woah" highlight, doesn't mean he hasn't been dominant. I don't see any way he makes it past #3, and I say #3 because some team might fall in love with a QB and take them second.


I agree 100% as far as your evaluation of Clowney. It's going to be a reach to get Clowney at 5. No doubt. But it's possible.The good thing is we don't "need" Clowney as their will be guys like Nix, Matthews, Lewan on the board as well. Also, the possbility of trading back is always an opition too.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008


Last edited by tech2186 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4400
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Don't be shocked if the Buccs don't go QB this offseason. Glennon's not why they are losing games.


Glennon is decent. But you know how new coaches like their "own guy". Depends on the system they install.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group