Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 10 vs Carolina
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
If Frank hits 10000 by the end of the year, which seems like a reasonable target where will that put him on the all time list?

29th, assuming Adrian Peterson is still ahead of Gore at the end of the year. Peterson has 103 more yards than Frank. If Frank does get there before Peterson, he'd be 28th.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
If Frank hits 10000 by the end of the year, which seems like a reasonable target where will that put him on the all time list?

Hard to say - he just got passed by Adrian Peterson on the bye week, so those two will be within striking distance of one another by the end of the year. If he finishes behind Peterson, and over 10,010 yards (Ricky Williams has 10,009, so we'll use him as the stopping point), he'll be 28th. If he jumps ahead of Peterson again, 27th (though that seems like a moot point, as clearly Peterson is far more likely to finish with more yards than Gore when all is said and done).

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 22nd All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #21, Ricky Watters: 29
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 354
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, it's probably wishful thinking on my part, but it's still possible (not probable, possible) according to Maiocco we'd sign Gore again for 2015 if he still has some gas in the tank. Considering both the 49ers and Gore want to be only in a 49ers uniform for his career, that seems like it would be the only chance Gore plays in 2015. With that said, if he could somehow get 2543 more yards over those 2 and 1/2 seasons, he'll finish over 12,000 and land near the top 15 (depending how Jackson/Peterson finish), but also putting himself in serious HOF discussion, since everyone over 12,000 yards is either already in, aren't eligible yet (Tomlinson/James), or will be in soon (Bettis).

Again - it's me dreaming a bit, but not impossible.

Forge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Also, it's probably wishful thinking on my part, but it's still possible (not probable, possible) according to Maiocco we'd sign Gore again for 2015 if he still has some gas in the tank. Considering both the 49ers and Gore want to be only in a 49ers uniform for his career, that seems like it would be the only chance Gore plays in 2015. With that said, if he could somehow get 2543 more yards over those 2 and 1/2 seasons, he'll finish over 12,000 and land near the top 15 (depending how Jackson/Peterson finish), but also putting himself in serious HOF discussion, since everyone over 12,000 yards is either already in, aren't eligible yet (Tomlinson/James), or will be in soon (Bettis).

This is obviously the cold, business side of me, but I hooe we don't sign him. In fact I almost have a hard time keeping him on the roster for next year if Lattimore is healthy and effective. From a salary cap perspective of what he makes and what an extension would cost, I think its time that we turn it over to hunter and Lattimore who are far more cost effective with possibly no drop in overall production. And I say that with nothing but love for Frankie G....

...god I'm a heartless prick

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

This is obviously the cold, business side of me, but I hooe we don't sign him. In fact I almost have a hard time keeping him on the roster for next year if Lattimore is healthy and effective. From a salary cap perspective of what he makes and what an extension would cost, I think its time that we turn it over to hunter and Lattimore who are far more cost effective with possibly no drop in overall production. And I say that with nothing but love for Frankie G....

...god I'm a heartless prick

An extension for a RB over 30 years old wouldn't cost that much. I mean by the time he is able to hit free agency he would be almost 32.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

All I want for Gore is for him to get a ring. As much as I'd like to see him in the HOF, it seems like it's going to be pretty difficult for him to get there.

Here's a nice infographic I saw of him btw.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

All I want for Gore is for him to get a ring. As much as I'd like to see him in the HOF, it seems like it's going to be pretty difficult for him to get there.

Here's a nice infographic I saw of him btw.

Breaking the 10000 barrier and being the star in a SB win would help quite a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had we won the Super Bowl last year and he won the MVP, it would have definitely helped. Now, we all know it would have probably gone to Kaepernick, but hopefully we get another shot this season. I don't think he will get there during his first years of eligibility, but as we know everything looks better in 10-15 years. That goes for any sport and we always rate the past higher than the present. Maybe he would get in during the 2030s Laughing .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Aldon Smith appears capable of playing every snap as soon as this week.
Smith was away from the team for five weeks as he sought treatment for substance abuse. He apparently kept himself in good shape, as he went through Tuesday's conditioning work without issue. The Niners are expected to use their All-Pro pass rusher in Sunday's game against Carolina, likely off the bench behind Dan Skuta/Corey Lemonier. Smith will be back with the starters by Week 11. His 38 sacks since 2011 ranks second in the league.

DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Had we won the Super Bowl last year and he won the MVP, it would have definitely helped. Now, we all know it would have probably gone to Kaepernick, but hopefully we get another shot this season. I don't think he will get there during his first years of eligibility, but as we know everything looks better in 10-15 years. That goes for any sport and we always rate the past higher than the present. Maybe he would get in during the 2030s Laughing .

I look at his rushing yards and wonder how much closer he would be to 10,000 if he hadn't had that hip injury in 2010.

y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I think he has a small chance at a future induction as it is, but I think the 12,000 yard barrier and a Superbowl would really help cement that.

Right now, I look at Earl Campbell as the closest comparison- Campbell played 8 seasons, appeared in 115 games, finished with 9,407 yards rushing, 4.3 average, 74 total touchdowns (all rushing), 806 yards receiving, 5 Pro Bowls, no Super Bowls.

Currently, Gore is in his 8th season, has appeared in 124 games, has 9,457 yards, 4.6 average, 69 total touchdowns (58 rushing, 10 receiving, 1 fumble return), 2,727 yards receiving, 4 Pro Bowls (and seeing as he's currently 7th in yards and 2nd in receiving, there's a good chance at a 5th), 1 Super Bowl appearance.

It's hard to compare based on the eras, but they're eerily close through roughly the same amount of time.

DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone find out any notes on how Tank is doing since being activated? Been excited to see him since we picked him in round 2.

NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I look at his rushing yards and wonder how much closer he would be to 10,000 if he hadn't had that hip injury in 2010.

I think he would had eclipsed 10000 already if we didn't have singletary as our HC. If only Norv had stay for a few more years..Gore probably would had ripped off a couple more 1500+ years.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I think he has a small chance at a future induction as it is, but I think the 12,000 yard barrier and a Superbowl would really help cement that.

Right now, I look at Earl Campbell as the closest comparison- Campbell played 8 seasons, appeared in 115 games, finished with 9,407 yards rushing, 4.3 average, 74 total touchdowns (all rushing), 806 yards receiving, 5 Pro Bowls, no Super Bowls.

Currently, Gore is in his 8th season, has appeared in 124 games, has 9,457 yards, 4.6 average, 69 total touchdowns (58 rushing, 10 receiving, 1 fumble return), 2,727 yards receiving, 4 Pro Bowls (and seeing as he's currently 7th in yards and 2nd in receiving, there's a good chance at a 5th), 1 Super Bowl appearance.

It's hard to compare based on the eras, but they're eerily close through roughly the same amount of time.

Nice comparison. Amazingly close given all the variables that go into playing 8 years in the NFL. I suspect Gore will play a couple more years, maybe with his performance tailing off a bit. 11,000 seems in sight, but 12,000 seems a bit distant right now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Anyone find out any notes on how Tank is doing since being activated? Been excited to see him since we picked him in round 2.

I know what Manningham and Crabs can do when healthy. The guy I most want to see to find out how he looks and what he can do is Carradine. In my wildest dreams he develops the way Justin did in his first few years and then becomes the same kind of player for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 5 of 57

Jump to: