Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scott's Falcons Mock Draft (11/4/2013 edition)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Scott's Falcons Mock Draft (11/4/2013 edition) Reply with quote

Going based off of where the Falcons would draft right now (which is No. 5 overall), this is my mock:

Re-Sign Corey Peters and bring back Vance Walker

1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OT Jake Matthews
2) Jacksonville Jaguars - QB Teddy Bridgewater
3) Minnesota Vikings - QB Marcus Mariota
4) Pittsburgh Steelers - LB Anthony Barr

Round 1: DE/LB Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
Jadeveon Clowney is an absolute monster. Could turn into one of the best pass rushers from the entire draft. The Falcons would be lucky to get him here at 5, but it wouldn't shock me if the draft turned out this way. He would be able to stand and rush and would love the Falcons multiple look defense.

Round 2: OG Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State
Garrett Reynolds has been serviceable. But Gabe Jackson is a monster on the inside. He's a true road grader who can hold his own in pass protection. HE could work his way into a first round selection, but in this scenario he slipped and the Falcons would gladly take him and could plug him in right away.

Round 3: DT/DE Dominique Easley, Florida
Jonathan Babineaux could easily be gone after this season. Easley has seen multiple knee injuries, but that hasn't slowed him down yet. If he can stay healthy, he's a top 10 pick. But since he might completely miss the combine, an early 3rd could be where the Falcons steal their next Jonathan Babineaux.

Round 4: OT Ja'Wuan James, Tennessee\
Arguably the best right tackle in the draft. He would be an excellent depth pick at both tackle spots and could eventually start on the right side if Holmes or Baker don't 100% work out.

Round 5: CB Andre Hal, Vanderbilt
Andre Hal has taken a step back his senior year and fits well as a Dimitroff 5th round drop pick like Jonathan Massaquoi, Sidbury or Franks. Will likely be a depth guy at corner, but could also play a big-nickel type role at his 6'0", 186 pound size.

Round 6: TE Asante Cleveland, Miami
The 6'5", 260 pound senior is an excellent blocker and could help with the depth at tight end that Atlanta is going to lose with Coffman and Gonzalez both as free agents. Even if Atlanta re-signs Coffman, a third TE who can block well and still catch some short passes is going to be useful.

Round 7: WR/PR Michael Campanaro, Wake Forest
Want a slot receiver who can also return punts? Look no further than Michael Campanaro. He has high potential, but has been a bit injury prone. As the fourth receiver in the Falcons offense, he'd be an upgrade over Drew "Hamstrings" Davis and Kevin Cone. Campanaro is one of the leaders for the Demon Deacons.

This draft + Falcons currently under contract for 2014 depth chart + Peters & Walker:
QB - Matt Ryan/Dominique Davis/Sean Renfree
RB - Steven Jackson/Jacquizz Rodgers/Jason Snelling/Antone Smith/Josh Vaughan
FB - Bradie Ewing
WR - Roddy White/Harry Douglas/Darius Johnson
WR - Julio Jones/Harry Douglas/Michael Campanaro
TE - Levine Toilolo/Asante Cleveland/Adam Nissley/Andrew Szczerba
LT - Sam Baker/Lamar Holmes/Ryan Schraeder
LG - Justin Blalock/Garrett Reynolds/Harland Gunn
C - Peter Konz/Harland Gunn
RG - Gabe Jackson/Garrett Reynolds/Harland Gunn
RT - Lamar Holmes/Ja'Wuan James/Ryan Schraeder

4-3 Looks
LE - Kroy Biermann/Malliciah Goodman/Cliff Matthews
NT - Corey Peters/Travian Robertson
UT - Vance Walker/Dominique Easley
RE - Jadeveon Clowney/Osi Umenyiora/Jonathan Massaquoi/Stansly Maponga
WLB - Sean Weatherspoon
MLB - Paul Worrilow/Akeem Dent
SLB - Joplo Bartu/Stephen Nicholas

3-4 Looks
Weak 3-tech - Vance Walker/Dominique Easley
Strong 1-tech - Corey Peters/Travian Robertson
Strong 5-Tech - Malliciah Goodman/Cliff Matthews
WOLB - Jadeveon Clowney/Jonathan Massaquoi/Stansly Maponga
WILB - Sean Weatherspoon/Joplo Bartu
SILB - Paul Worrilow/Akeem Dent/Stephen Nicholas
SOLB - Kroy Biermann/Osi Umenyiora

LCB - Asante Samuel/Robert Alford/Andre Hal/Saeed Lee
RCB - Desmond Trufant/Robert Alford/Andre Hal
NCB - Robert Alford/Andre Hal/Saeed Lee
FS - Thomas DeCoud/Kemal Ishmael
SS - William Moore/Zeke Motta

K - Matt Bryant
P - Matt Bosher
KOS - Matt Bosher
LS - Josh Harris
KR - Jacquizz Rodgers
PR - Michael Campanaro/Harry Douglas

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the mock a lot, but you think that Tampa passes on Teddy Bridgewater for Jake Matthews ?!?!!?

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this happened i would love it, though i really doubt easlye and james slip that far. Easley especially.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
if this happened i would love it, though i really doubt easlye and james slip that far. Easley especially.
I didn't think Tank Carradine was going to slip past the 15th pick either.

adam9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James is the best RT in the draft IMO. Really like it. Doubt Clowney falls to 5 though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One the of the best mocks I've seen. Would be absolutely thrilled with this.

#FreeToddGurley
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it panned out this way, I would be ecstatic. Addresses our needs perfectly. Good mock scott, too early to tell if its realistic or not but at this point it very well could happen.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
FalconsMVP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be amazing.

What if both Clowney and Barr are off the board though? What would everyone think about trading down, getting a ton of picks for a late team trying to get a QB? The one team I think of is the Eagles, who, because of their terrible division, may make the playoffs. And I dont think that Foles is a QB you want for the future. Maybe they make that Julio-type trade to get their QB of the future who fits Chip Kellys offense (Marcus Mariota?), moving us down but getting lots of help in this year and next years draft?

Just an idea I got today.

Adopt A Falcon:

Desmond Trufant (2 tackles, 1 PD)
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconsMVP wrote:
That would be amazing.

What if both Clowney and Barr are off the board though? What would everyone think about trading down, getting a ton of picks for a late team trying to get a QB? The one team I think of is the Eagles, who, because of their terrible division, may make the playoffs. And I dont think that Foles is a QB you want for the future. Maybe they make that Julio-type trade to get their QB of the future who fits Chip Kellys offense (Marcus Mariota?), moving us down but getting lots of help in this year and next years draft?

It depends on who is left. Our first pick will be on a line. DE has been a huge problem, DT play hasn't been great and all 3 of our top DTs are FAs, RG and RT play has been awful, and not many like Baker at LT. If a guy like Nix from ND is available or an elite RG/RT or even Khalil Mack who is like Biermann sized and can get after the QB is there you have to take them IMO. Other factors would be how far we traded down and what the compensation was though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
FalconsMVP wrote:
That would be amazing.

It depends on who is left. Our first pick will be on a line. DE has been a huge problem, DT play hasn't been great and all 3 of our top DTs are FAs, RG and RT play has been awful, and not many like Baker at LT. If a guy like Nix from ND is available or an elite RG/RT or even Khalil Mack who is like Biermann sized and can get after the QB is there you have to take them IMO. Other factors would be how far we traded down and what the compensation was though.

Exactly, it will depend on the scenerio. But if the "top" players we want are gone I'd hope TD would take a look at trading down and accumulating picks. But outside of Clowney, I think OT or DT has to be the #1 pick.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconsMVP wrote:
That would be amazing.

Yeah, if Clowney/Barr are gone I would hope TD would look at trading back to 10-15ish if we can load up on mid rounders. But TD isn't known for trading back..

#FreeToddGurley
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
FalconsMVP wrote:
That would be amazing.

DT play has been pretty good honestly. they just are all FA;s

adam9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
FalconsMVP wrote:
That would be amazing.

DT play has been pretty good honestly. they just are all FA;s

They have been good, but I think getting a guy like Nix and keeping 2/3 FAs could do wonders

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way we would ever have a draft this perfect.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
mjmiller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we can somehow manage a FA LT, it would be perfect. i still dont feel comfortable with Baker as our LT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: