Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Khaseem Greene the likely replacement for Briggs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6260
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
^ we all appreciate the wealth of knowledge you possess about packer land but you can't deny that neither team did overly well against the run (although they were effective at completely different points of the game)


Quote:
Thereís nothing Dom Capers could have done in this game. There isnít a scheme or a coverage or any other kind of defensive play that works without getting pressure. The OLBs were bad coming into this game with only Palmer, Mulumba, and Neal healthy. When Mulumba went down a bad situation got even worse. OLBs arenít supposed to play every play. Even Clay Matthews, who is in freakishly good shape, sits out at least a quarter of the defensive snaps. With two healthy OLBs, neither Palmer nor Neal had that luxury.

They had to play every down for the simple reason that there was no one else to play. It became obvious on the Bears final drive that they didnít have anything left. It was all they could do to just keep firing off the ball. The Bears deserve all the credit in the world for calling those outside runs all day. It was obvious they werenít having any success up the middle and by running outside it made Neal and Palmer run even more. Neal and Palmer is a god awful OLB duo anyway, a dog tired Neal and Palmer is the sort of combination that losses a team games. I give them both all the credit in the world, they played hard, theyíre just not that good and it was just an ugly game.


This is part of a piece I wrote. Hope it explains more of what I'm saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LaxBroBearsFan


Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
^ we all appreciate the wealth of knowledge you possess about packer land but you can't deny that neither team did overly well against the run (although they were effective at completely different points of the game)


Quote:
Thereís nothing Dom Capers could have done in this game. There isnít a scheme or a coverage or any other kind of defensive play that works without getting pressure. The OLBs were bad coming into this game with only Palmer, Mulumba, and Neal healthy. When Mulumba went down a bad situation got even worse. OLBs arenít supposed to play every play. Even Clay Matthews, who is in freakishly good shape, sits out at least a quarter of the defensive snaps. With two healthy OLBs, neither Palmer nor Neal had that luxury.

They had to play every down for the simple reason that there was no one else to play. It became obvious on the Bears final drive that they didnít have anything left. It was all they could do to just keep firing off the ball. The Bears deserve all the credit in the world for calling those outside runs all day. It was obvious they werenít having any success up the middle and by running outside it made Neal and Palmer run even more. Neal and Palmer is a god awful OLB duo anyway, a dog tired Neal and Palmer is the sort of combination that losses a team games. I give them both all the credit in the world, they played hard, theyíre just not that good and it was just an ugly game.


This is part of a piece I wrote. Hope it explains more of what I'm saying.


i will say that it does sound somewhat logical to me haha i guess i could argue with NEXT MAN UP. We had Cohen and god knows who subbing in at DT which allowed Lacy to pound the rock up the middle....similar to your OLBs being tired and allowing us to run around the outside.

I think its safe to say both teams need to get healthy....or need the back ups to make substantial strides in the coming weeks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6260
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
^ we all appreciate the wealth of knowledge you possess about packer land but you can't deny that neither team did overly well against the run (although they were effective at completely different points of the game)


Quote:
Thereís nothing Dom Capers could have done in this game. There isnít a scheme or a coverage or any other kind of defensive play that works without getting pressure. The OLBs were bad coming into this game with only Palmer, Mulumba, and Neal healthy. When Mulumba went down a bad situation got even worse. OLBs arenít supposed to play every play. Even Clay Matthews, who is in freakishly good shape, sits out at least a quarter of the defensive snaps. With two healthy OLBs, neither Palmer nor Neal had that luxury.

They had to play every down for the simple reason that there was no one else to play. It became obvious on the Bears final drive that they didnít have anything left. It was all they could do to just keep firing off the ball. The Bears deserve all the credit in the world for calling those outside runs all day. It was obvious they werenít having any success up the middle and by running outside it made Neal and Palmer run even more. Neal and Palmer is a god awful OLB duo anyway, a dog tired Neal and Palmer is the sort of combination that losses a team games. I give them both all the credit in the world, they played hard, theyíre just not that good and it was just an ugly game.


This is part of a piece I wrote. Hope it explains more of what I'm saying.


i will say that it does sound somewhat logical to me haha i guess i could argue with NEXT MAN UP. We had Cohen and god knows who subbing in at DT which allowed Lacy to pound the rock up the middle....similar to your OLBs being tired and allowing us to run around the outside.

I think its safe to say both teams need to get healthy....or need the back ups to make substantial strides in the coming weeks


Truly, both teams are a mess right now. If your situation is anything like ours your next man up got hit by the bus on the way to the airport.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LaxBroBearsFan


Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
^ we all appreciate the wealth of knowledge you possess about packer land but you can't deny that neither team did overly well against the run (although they were effective at completely different points of the game)


Quote:
Thereís nothing Dom Capers could have done in this game. There isnít a scheme or a coverage or any other kind of defensive play that works without getting pressure. The OLBs were bad coming into this game with only Palmer, Mulumba, and Neal healthy. When Mulumba went down a bad situation got even worse. OLBs arenít supposed to play every play. Even Clay Matthews, who is in freakishly good shape, sits out at least a quarter of the defensive snaps. With two healthy OLBs, neither Palmer nor Neal had that luxury.

They had to play every down for the simple reason that there was no one else to play. It became obvious on the Bears final drive that they didnít have anything left. It was all they could do to just keep firing off the ball. The Bears deserve all the credit in the world for calling those outside runs all day. It was obvious they werenít having any success up the middle and by running outside it made Neal and Palmer run even more. Neal and Palmer is a god awful OLB duo anyway, a dog tired Neal and Palmer is the sort of combination that losses a team games. I give them both all the credit in the world, they played hard, theyíre just not that good and it was just an ugly game.


This is part of a piece I wrote. Hope it explains more of what I'm saying.


i will say that it does sound somewhat logical to me haha i guess i could argue with NEXT MAN UP. We had Cohen and god knows who subbing in at DT which allowed Lacy to pound the rock up the middle....similar to your OLBs being tired and allowing us to run around the outside.

I think its safe to say both teams need to get healthy....or need the back ups to make substantial strides in the coming weeks


Truly, both teams are a god damn mess right now. If your situation is anything like ours your next man up got hit by the bus on the way to the airport.


LOL now we just need this plague to hit the lions....could you imagine if they won the division........................................................ part of me just died thinking about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6260
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
^ we all appreciate the wealth of knowledge you possess about packer land but you can't deny that neither team did overly well against the run (although they were effective at completely different points of the game)


Quote:
Thereís nothing Dom Capers could have done in this game. There isnít a scheme or a coverage or any other kind of defensive play that works without getting pressure. The OLBs were bad coming into this game with only Palmer, Mulumba, and Neal healthy. When Mulumba went down a bad situation got even worse. OLBs arenít supposed to play every play. Even Clay Matthews, who is in freakishly good shape, sits out at least a quarter of the defensive snaps. With two healthy OLBs, neither Palmer nor Neal had that luxury.

They had to play every down for the simple reason that there was no one else to play. It became obvious on the Bears final drive that they didnít have anything left. It was all they could do to just keep firing off the ball. The Bears deserve all the credit in the world for calling those outside runs all day. It was obvious they werenít having any success up the middle and by running outside it made Neal and Palmer run even more. Neal and Palmer is a god awful OLB duo anyway, a dog tired Neal and Palmer is the sort of combination that losses a team games. I give them both all the credit in the world, they played hard, theyíre just not that good and it was just an ugly game.


This is part of a piece I wrote. Hope it explains more of what I'm saying.


i will say that it does sound somewhat logical to me haha i guess i could argue with NEXT MAN UP. We had Cohen and god knows who subbing in at DT which allowed Lacy to pound the rock up the middle....similar to your OLBs being tired and allowing us to run around the outside.

I think its safe to say both teams need to get healthy....or need the back ups to make substantial strides in the coming weeks


Truly, both teams are a god damn mess right now. If your situation is anything like ours your next man up got hit by the bus on the way to the airport.


LOL now we just need this plague to hit the lions....could you imagine if they won the division........................................................ part of me just died thinking about it.


Yeah, I think I may be part of the younger generation of Packer fans that hates the Vikings and Lions more than the Bears. The Vikings because of Favre and the Lions because of Suh, and Schwartz, and Fairley, and so on and so forth. I guess I just have no real beef with the bears and that's not intended a "well you're not worth worrying about comment either". I can handle losing (not well, but generally I get over it) I have an issue with the extra curricular stuff with those two teams. You guys seem to keep it classy at least. I'd like to think we do to and that explains why our two teams have dominated the division for so long.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikee


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 209
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
mikee wrote:
I don't have a lot of faith that Greene is ready to start in the NFL.

He was very raw coming out of school and I saw nothing in the preseason to make me think that he was up to speed with the level of competition yet. A undersized front seven guy needs to play smart and fast in order to overcome the strength disadvantage against NFL lineman and fullbacks. Greene is not quick enough in diagnosing plays at this point to utilize his athleticism consisently. I'm afraid he is going to be put on skates multiple times this week against the Pack and I am expecting Lacy and/or Starks to make him look silly at least once.

He was a solid pick in the 4th round and is a potential long term replacement for Briggs in a couple of years, but he is seeing the field way earlier than he should. Ideal world, Greene would have been able to redshirt this season. Hopefully Grant can get up to speed by next week's game.


Greene isnít undersizedÖheís 6-1Ē 241lbs and played real fast in collegeÖhe will make mistakes as a rookie when it comes to diagnosing plays but that is too be expectedÖas much as it would have been ideal for him to sit for a year or two I think he can come in and do a solid jobÖhe obviously isnít going to be Briggs but he has enough talent to be solid early.


I was pleasantly surprised with Greene's play (or at least as pleased as one can be in a game where the Bears got gashed in the run game). Greene was not overmatched physically like I expected. He certainly didn't stand out, but that was kind of a good thing on a night like that where Anderson/Bostic/Wright/Conte/Paea/McClellin all had noticeable gaffes in the run game that led to the Pack gouging the Bears for big plays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blkwdw13


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 1690
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
I most certainly watched the whole game and I did notice Greene out of position a few times....but can someone with a better idea of how he played fill me in?
Not a great game but he may have been our best LB. Made the least amount of mistakes.

Bostic with another tough game. Anderson is getting worse almost every game. He may be hurt.


I saw this also, Greene and Bostic had some mistakes but played fast and aggressive. And Anderson has been getting worse and worse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group