You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

More offseason talk.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draftspot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: More offseason talk. Reply with quote

I've got alot of random thoughts I need to spit out... here they go:

I think buffalo will franchise LT Mike Gandy, and try to re-sign Clements, but if they can't, I'd be ecstatic for him or Samuel, to sign with us...I don't care how much it costs.
But I honestly believe DT Terdell Sands would be the next most important pick-up. The bears pushed Hollis Thomas around like a rag doll, and his steroid issues scare me. Sands would make a bigger impact than any kid in the draft.
If we lose Grant in FA, do you guys think we should take a shot at DE Dwight Freeney. He's a beast of a pass-rusher, and he's no Grant in run support, but he forces alot of turnovers, and is a little younger. Just a thought, he won't be cheap...but that won't really hurt us b/c we have cap room and with Mayberry's big salary retiring, we'll have space.
Joe Horn is ademit about not renegotiating his contract. That being said, with a very deep WR draft, and his huge salary and bonus (due in march), he has to be in on the trade block. There's no doubt he can play at a very high level still, but he's not reliable as a #1, and doesn't deserve to be paid as such. How would y'all feel about trading him to detroit for their underacheiving, former top 10 WR Mike Williams. He never sees the field, and is always on the verge of getting cut. But with the same thing happening to Charles Rogers too, I don't think its all on the players. If this kid does nothing but use his big body to block downfield and catch a few jump balls for 16 games, then he's about as useful as Horn for 5-8 games. I don't think he would mind taking a pay cut either as he might find himself cut from Detroit on any given day. Detroit could use Horn as a #3 behind Williams and Furry, and really mismatch on a NB or linebacker. Or we could trade him anywhere for a draft choice.
Dave Macklin is a FA corner in Arizona, he's not spectacular...but he's a pretty solid starter. 28 years old, and an definite upgrade over the man who's name we shall not say.
I bet Tampa Bay offers us their 2nd and 4th for our 1st. Rufus Alexander OLB is a PERFECT fit for their defense, but with the Bears and Indy both needing LB's, he could be picked up before they pick again in the 2nd. I think we'd do it if they're were still 2 of the top corners on the board out of Hall, Mccauley, Hughes, and Revis.
FA Eric Johnson TE would be a dream for Brees. If we could pick up any combo of Sands, Johnson, Macklin, Samuel, or Clements....than we
are going to the SB.
On Draft Day I hope we grap a WR on the first day if we don't acquire one before then...I like Ryne Robinson Miami (OH) late first day as an option...more importantly, I like TE Scott Chandler of Iowa in the 3rd....he's a beast. And CB Ryan Smitt UF in the 4th, small but a ball hawk. And QB Jordan Palmer UTEP around the same time, he's huge with skills, if not him, than a late late rounder on QB Drew Tate Iowa.

I'm done aimlessly venting.
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is supposed to be a guy in the North Squad that's a big body and has great hands... and is rumored to run a 4.28... even if he runs a 4.35 I'd still be intersted in him as a late first early 2nd pick. and I doubt we trade to Tampa as they are in the NFC South too and most teams shy away from doing so if they don't have to... now if we could trade our 1st for their 3rd and Rice, granted only if we restructure his contract, I think we'd be all for it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: