Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Schottenheimer will feature Tavon more starting this week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xKURTWARNERx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Schottenheimer will feature Tavon more starting this wee Reply with quote

Emcee wrote:

We'll see. Smile

If you got that image from reddit, I posted there haha.

Quote:

Ram's Front Office:
"Tye Hill haunts my dreams.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
You're never going to have an explosive offense with Fisher as your HC.

He's a ball control, ToP-oriented coach. Even when we had an MVP QB, he didn't like throwing the ball around a ton. He just wants his passing game to take what is given to them, limit the mistakes, and destroy the opposing team with the ground game. That's why he's going to stick with Bradford. Bradford doesn't make the mistakes and is extremely accurate with his short to intermediate passing. He's also reliable as it gets in the redzone.

If Stacy continues to develop, Fisher will have his "perfect" offense next year.

I agree and see that from him past and present. The maddening thing is they don't draft that way. If you're going to do that why trade up and spend a pick on Austin at all? Awfully expensive decoy when you could have drafted Warmack and helped the ground game more than Austin ever will? Or stayed put and Taken Long or one of the players there that could have helped the D so much.

Having guys with speed like Austin, Givens, and Quick make defenses have to respect their speed. Prior to this year, it seems like all the Rams ever saw was press man coverage and they couldn't beat it. WR isn't normally the quickest position to start producing right away either. It takes more than a couple months for a QB and WR to learn about each other. Doesn't help Clemens is the one trying to throw the ball at the moment.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
You're never going to have an explosive offense with Fisher as your HC.

He's a ball control, ToP-oriented coach. Even when we had an MVP QB, he didn't like throwing the ball around a ton. He just wants his passing game to take what is given to them, limit the mistakes, and destroy the opposing team with the ground game. That's why he's going to stick with Bradford. Bradford doesn't make the mistakes and is extremely accurate with his short to intermediate passing. He's also reliable as it gets in the redzone.

If Stacy continues to develop, Fisher will have his "perfect" offense next year.

I agree and see that from him past and present. The maddening thing is they don't draft that way. If you're going to do that why trade up and spend a pick on Austin at all? Awfully expensive decoy when you could have drafted Warmack and helped the ground game more than Austin ever will? Or stayed put and Taken Long or one of the players there that could have helped the D so much.

If they let Austin be a WR. He could be quite dangerous on those play-action deep shots. And he could do some work in this offense. Even if we are a team that runs the ball a lot.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Hes not a bad OC for the system he runs. You guys just have to understand (dont have to like it) that his system is a ball control style and isnt going to be tremendously entertaining or imaginitive.

Im not exactly supporting him or his system because we have playmakers that arent being used to their full potential, but Schotty actually makes some nice calls.

No one cares if its entertaining, we want to win. It sucks that with him as our OC we will be able to go back 3-4 games and point out obvious mistakes that cost us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Hes not a bad OC for the system he runs. You guys just have to understand (dont have to like it) that his system is a ball control style and isnt going to be tremendously entertaining or imaginitive.

Im not exactly supporting him or his system because we have playmakers that arent being used to their full potential, but Schotty actually makes some nice calls.

No one cares if its entertaining, we want to win. It sucks that with him as our OC we will be able to go back 3-4 games and point out obvious mistakes that cost us.

Can you?
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Can you?

Easily.

Your on the defending Schotty bangwagon now, eh? Do you hold anyone accountable or see flaws with any parts of this team? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just defending him in the sense that people are saying hes a terrible OC. Hes not amazing, but hes not terrible. I just try to be fair on both ends of the spectrum and give credit where its due. But it doesnt mean I only talk about the good things. I absolutely HATE when he chooses to go empty on the GL. Hate it.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Im just defending him in the sense that people are saying hes a terrible OC. Hes not amazing, but hes not terrible. I just try to be fair on both ends of the spectrum and give credit where its due. But it doesnt mean I only talk about the good things. I absolutely HATE when he chooses to go empty on the GL. Hate it.

Not terrible isnt good enough.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

He makes some terrible calls, and some not as terrible calls, but his real problem is with being overly conservative and predictable.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Cornbread5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schotty isn't the only guy to blame regarding Tavon. When is Fisher going to start being held accountable? He's the one that chose Schotty then went and added the personal for a spread offense. Both are ground and pound types and this year they tried something new that really hasn't panned out. Stacy is the best player on offense (which is sad) and you see what the offense is capable of with a half decent skill player.

The problem is they still don't know the identity of this team and when they finally think they found it, Bradford gets hurt. Just bad luck. In the end, the Rams are going to chalk it up as a bad move on drafting Tavon (considering what they gave up for him) and move on. They desperately needed a WR who can win on the outside, instead they take a 5'8 170 lb kid who can't even block.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Tavon will contribute eventually, but right now they don't even know what this offense is outside of the emerging 5th rd rookie. Let's not blame the OC for working with what he has.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

He makes some terrible calls, and some not as terrible calls, but his real problem is with being overly conservative and predictable.

Yes, one of the other things that bother me is watching so many other teams throwing back shoulder fades, jump balls or basically throwing to guys even though they are covered, in the assumption that the offensive player has the upperhand to make the play or at worst its incomplete. We dont do that ever.

Again, its a low risk system being run and I doubt Fisher allows anything else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: