Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dee Miliner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollTide99 wrote:
The Bye will help him and Geno a lot imo

It definitely will help Geno as he gets Holmes, Cumberland, and Winslow back after the bye.

Dee just has to get used to the speed of the game and gain some confidence. The reason Rex was saying how Milliner will be good and how he played good yesterday is because hes trying to build his confidence. Rex seems to know which players need to be praised to build their confidence and which need a fire lit under them. When he addresses a player, it's calculated IMO.

Missing training camp and all of the spring hurt him.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
RollTide99 wrote:
The Bye will help him and Geno a lot imo

It definitely will help Geno as he gets Holmes, Cumberland, and Winslow back after the bye.

Dee just has to get used to the speed of the game and gain some confidence. The reason Rex was saying how Milliner will be good and how he played good yesterday is because hes trying to build his confidence. Rex seems to know which players need to be praised to build their confidence and which need a fire lit under them. When he addresses a player, it's calculated IMO.

Missing training camp and all of the spring hurt him.

I totally agree, we saw this with Sanchez. Even though Sanchez should not have needed that being a QB in NY but I think Rex knows what he is doing.
Wilkasaur

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all I know is Rex came out and backed Milliner and he easily played his best game besides being burn by Toon that one play. He also was close to his first interception on the crazy catch by Meachem.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilkasaur wrote:
Well all I know is Rex came out and backed Milliner and he easily played his best game besides being burn by Toon that one play. He also was close to his first interception on the crazy catch by Meachem.

Almost had a diving pick too
Wilkasaur

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Almost had a diving pick too

O yeah, totally forgot about that. He's gonna come along, I have faith in him. Labeling him a bust is just unwarranted at this point in his career. Revis wasn't Revis when he first entered the league. Corner back is a very tough adjustment coming from college to the pros.
tinoynk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that it's way too early to label him a bust, especially given how difficult a transition is for corners (especially when you miss all of training camp), but it has been hard not to really complain about his play this year. Then again, after a few years of the Revis-Cromartie combo we Jets fans have been pretty spoiled with good CB play.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, apparently an adjustment period is fairly common with Saban-coached Alabama corners? Because he doesn't teach corners to backpedal. Instead teaches a shuffle technique.

His corners spend the majority of time pressing receivers at the line anyway though, so I guess it's unfair to put it all on that. However, Milliner still has missed most of OTAs and training camp, and has been on and off the field due to an injury. Got to give this guy time. Not everyone is Darrelle Revis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: