Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We Didn't win this One-Chargers lost it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Couldn't this have gone in the 5 ups/downs thread or something else?

It really doesn't matter. A win is a win.

I mean, we lost the broncos game more than they won it, we had it won until we turned it over, quit running the ball and had a bad punt in the 4th quarter, same with the Cowboys game, our special teams lost it.

Damn man, You led the Forum in "Post Started" and you're nailing me on this one ..
So be it Rolling Eyes
PS--I guess to be honest huh,, all todays post could be under Ups/ Downs ..Orakpo, Uniforms, Chargers @Redskisn etc.
I used to. It seems now a days you lead the forum in threads. Most are about your dislike of RG3 or something random like this. This 1 sentence of a thought could have gone in the game day thread. All the rg3 hateraid thoughts could go into one rg3 thread I brought up my rg3 2.0 thread a week or two ago when you started a few threads on rg3.

I learned a while ago about having too many threads from mike23 and footy29 and how it bothered people so I quit doing it. I'm sure you read those threads. So I've changed since then, you had some the same till you started all the rg3 hate threads.

Apparently you haven't learned sheet ,, Over the last 4 pages you have 45 ,, ..45 !!! ,,, I have 22 ..
I have a feeling mine are more diverse and several of them are months old that we've kept going.

How many rg3 threads to you have? 4 in two pages?

I suggested to use the Rg3 2.0 thread I had going all offseason. It would have been easier to put all RG3 news In there

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of you, knock it off.

DCRED wrote:
[But Kyle called 3 Running plays for the winning TD after calling a good drive to get set up for it and he's still going to get skewered by our fans...

No one will remember that last drive and how we won as soon as we have ONE 3rd down pass that goes incomplete

DCRED, it wasn't just that one play (though that was pretty darn glaring).

12:35 to go, up 7.
First down - deep ball to Moss, misses
Second down - Morris rush
Third down - Griffin scramble (pass play)
Punt on 4th - used 1:20 off clock

10:25 to go, up 7 (after Amerson INT)
Start off with four straight rushes to get to San Diego's 37, eating up two and a half minutes, which is good. Then two straight pass plays, which stall the drive (an incomplete and an underneath pass that doesn't get us the first), which just took about 45 seconds off the clock. We kick a field goal.

4:10 to go, up 3
First play ... 26 yard pass play. Why are we throwing here? Yes it's great we got the yardage, but why not grind the clock?
Second play. We run for a yard. That's okay.
Third play. We run, but get a holding call. That's not okay because it stops the clock.
Fourth play. We throw and make it a reasonable 3rd & 3. Yes, we got the yardage and forced them to take a timeout. Still, if we hadn't that would have been an extra timeout they would have had.

Then there was the 3rd & 3 call.

So, between Griffin, Morris, and Helu, there shouldn't have been a point where we were throwing that late. Even on a 2nd & 19 after a holding call, we should have still been running.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

DCRED wrote:
[But Kyle called 3 Running plays for the winning TD after calling a good drive to get set up for it and he's still going to get skewered by our fans...

No one will remember that last drive and how we won as soon as we have ONE 3rd down pass that goes incomplete

Start off with four straight rushes to get to San Diego's 37, eating up two and a half minutes, which is good. Then two straight pass plays, which stall the drive (an incomplete and an underneath pass that doesn't get us the first), which just took about 45 seconds off the clock. We kick a field goal.

First play ... 26 yard pass play. Why are we throwing here? Yes it's great we got the yardage, but why not grind the clock?
Third play. We run, but get a holding call. That's not okay because it stops the clock.
Fourth play. We throw and make it a reasonable 3rd & 3. Yes, we got the yardage and forced them to take a timeout. Still, if we hadn't that would have been an extra timeout they would have had.

So, between Griffin, Morris, and Helu, there shouldn't have been a point where we were throwing that late. Even on a 2nd & 19 after a holding call, we should have still been running.

Running is a like an offensive prevent defense. If you have the stud defense to back it up it's a good plan but I don't trust this defense to hold a bottle of Gatoraide.
PLUS--the obvious ,,It's harder to run when they know you'te likely to run.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Woz wrote:

DCRED wrote:

Running is a like an offensive prevent defense. If you have the stud defense to back it up it's a good plan but I don't trust this defense to hold a bottle of Gatoraide.
PLUS--the obvious ,,It's harder to run when they know you'te likely to run.
Didn't Morris have some big gainers when we had the lead?

Woz wrote:
Start off with four straight rushes to get to San Diego's 37, eating up two and a half minutes, which is good.
then, as Woz wrote, we started throwing for no apparent reason and the drive stalled. There are examples of this every game.

The defense did have a goal line stand and Amerson's int was huge. Hall also forced a fumble on Woodhead at the SD 40 yd line but the Refs got the call wrong. If we get that call to go the right way, our defense wins us the game and we don't need the goal like stand nor OT.

Our defense isn't fantastic by any stretch but it's certainly been playing more consistent than our offense. They make timely turnovers which gives our offense a short field to work with, that our offense rarely capitalizes on. They've also been good in scoring defensive touchdowns. They average 5 points a game. The sacks aren't as good as they were the first month, but we still get some pressure, but haven't been able to get the Qb to the ground. In the first month of the season we were good for 2 or 3 sacks a game, last month it was like 1 a game. Still pressure is there and pressure has helped to create the turnovers and errant passes by so of the leagues best like Stafford, Peyton Manning and Phillip Rivers.

When Meriweather plays and plays the game right, our secondary plays better. That much is evident. I'm not sure if he'll be back next year but at this point I'm ok with it because he can be a stop gap for Phillip Thomas at SS. We have to figure out what we want to do with FS though, hopefully we can bring in a true veteran FS to help groom Rambo as I think Rambo has improved, but I'm not sure he's ready to be a starter. Even next year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: