Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nnamdi?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
treece300e


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Nampa, ID
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Nnamdi? Reply with quote

I know he's now been released from two different teams, but does anyone think he has anything left in the tank? For me there is a lot of intrigue because we do play man almost exclusively, and this could be a good time to try and transition KJ to Safety so he'd be ready for next season, if that's something they wanted to try. I think KJ plays more like a Safety in many facets, and it would be cheaper to re-sign him or franchise tag him if necessary.

Because he'd come cheap, I would not be opposed to us signing Scrabble, but I know unequivocally that he wouldn't solve the issues in our secondary. He's way past his prime, and was released by a team that is certainly in need of CBs. Moreover, he doesn't tackle well, and isn't a turnover machine which is the reason we gambled (and seemingly lost) with Ed Reed. Though, he couldn't be worse than Brice McCain, and maybe someone learns a thing or two from him while he's here. Worst case scenario he is what we think he is and he washes out with a minimal contract. Best case scenario he is resurrected and plays very well in the slot or on the edge and allows us to stop playing McCain, or move KJ to Safety.


Last edited by treece300e on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texandominance


Joined: 22 Sep 2007
Posts: 4642
Location: Duluth, Mn
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why waste money when the season is over?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treece300e


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Nampa, ID
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Why waste money when the season is over?


We finally get Nnamdi after losing the bidding war for him two years ago. The loooong con!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3803
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
texandominance wrote:
Why waste money when the season is over?


We finally get Nnamdi after losing the bidding war for him two years ago. The loooong con!


Not really wasting money since all of his guaranteed money (which was none IIRC) was paid by SF.

But he would occupy the spot of a prospective young player we could sign (e.g. Terry Hawthorne out of Illinois who was drafted by Steelers and cut b/c of injury - who should be healed now)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30825
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Why waste money when the season is over?


Agreed. Forget Nnandi. Can we have his wife instead? Laughing
Seriously though, she should just address CB in free agency or the draft. We need a nickel CB bad. McCain isnt getting the job done and Brandon Harris has been a bust for a 2nd round pick.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29442
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dude blows. Hence the cut. Why would we want a piece of that?
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treece300e


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Nampa, ID
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
texandominance wrote:
Why waste money when the season is over?


Agreed. Forget Nnandi. Can we have his wife instead? Laughing
Seriously though, she should just address CB in free agency or the draft. We need a nickel CB bad. McCain isnt getting the job done and Brandon Harris has been a bust for a 2nd round pick.


I sincerely agree that we need to address CB through the draft and/or FA. We will always struggle to beat elite passing teams with our current secondary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treece300e


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Nampa, ID
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
The dude blows. Hence the cut. Why would we want a piece of that?


I explained in my original post. I never said he was good, nor that he'd be the savior of our team. He'd be a very cheap gamble, couldn't be worse than McCain, and would possibly allow us to move some things around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treece300e


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Nampa, ID
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
treece300e wrote:
texandominance wrote:
Why waste money when the season is over?


We finally get Nnamdi after losing the bidding war for him two years ago. The loooong con!


Not really wasting money since all of his guaranteed money (which was none IIRC) was paid by SF.

But he would occupy the spot of a prospective young player we could sign (e.g. Terry Hawthorne out of Illinois who was drafted by Steelers and cut b/c of injury - who should be healed now)


I really liked Hawthorne and would definitely prefer his presence over Nnamdi. I was unaware that he was a Free Agent currently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texans02


Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 1764
Location: HOU+ATX
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
The dude blows. Hence the cut. Why would we want a piece of that?


I explained in my original post. I never said he was good, nor that he'd be the savior of our team. He'd be a very cheap gamble, couldn't be worse than McCain, and would possibly allow us to move some things around.


I agree... at the right price. However, we are in the cellar, so we can't pitch the "get a ring" angle. Scrabble is a smart dude, so he probably still has plenty of $$ saved.

My guess is he either retires or signs cheaply with a winning team that is thin at CB due to injuries.
_________________
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Couldn't we have Gallery Furniture "Saves You Money" day vs. Buffalo where everyone is given a stack of cash to throw as Mario exists the tunnel?


Yes please!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group