Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nnamdi?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Nnamdi? Reply with quote

I know he's now been released from two different teams, but does anyone think he has anything left in the tank? For me there is a lot of intrigue because we do play man almost exclusively, and this could be a good time to try and transition KJ to Safety so he'd be ready for next season, if that's something they wanted to try. I think KJ plays more like a Safety in many facets, and it would be cheaper to re-sign him or franchise tag him if necessary.

Because he'd come cheap, I would not be opposed to us signing Scrabble, but I know unequivocally that he wouldn't solve the issues in our secondary. He's way past his prime, and was released by a team that is certainly in need of CBs. Moreover, he doesn't tackle well, and isn't a turnover machine which is the reason we gambled (and seemingly lost) with Ed Reed. Though, he couldn't be worse than Brice McCain, and maybe someone learns a thing or two from him while he's here. Worst case scenario he is what we think he is and he washes out with a minimal contract. Best case scenario he is resurrected and plays very well in the slot or on the edge and allows us to stop playing McCain, or move KJ to Safety.

Last edited by treece300e on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
texandominance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why waste money when the season is over?
treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:

We finally get Nnamdi after losing the bidding war for him two years ago. The loooong con!
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
texandominance wrote:

We finally get Nnamdi after losing the bidding war for him two years ago. The loooong con!

Not really wasting money since all of his guaranteed money (which was none IIRC) was paid by SF.

But he would occupy the spot of a prospective young player we could sign (e.g. Terry Hawthorne out of Illinois who was drafted by Steelers and cut b/c of injury - who should be healed now)
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:

Agreed. Forget Nnandi. Can we have his wife instead? Laughing
Seriously though, she should just address CB in free agency or the draft. We need a nickel CB bad. McCain isnt getting the job done and Brandon Harris has been a bust for a 2nd round pick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dude blows. Hence the cut. Why would we want a piece of that?

treece300e

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Agreed. Forget Nnandi. Can we have his wife instead? Laughing
Seriously though, she should just address CB in free agency or the draft. We need a nickel CB bad. McCain isnt getting the job done and Brandon Harris has been a bust for a 2nd round pick.

I sincerely agree that we need to address CB through the draft and/or FA. We will always struggle to beat elite passing teams with our current secondary.
treece300e

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

I explained in my original post. I never said he was good, nor that he'd be the savior of our team. He'd be a very cheap gamble, couldn't be worse than McCain, and would possibly allow us to move some things around.
treece300e

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
treece300e wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Not really wasting money since all of his guaranteed money (which was none IIRC) was paid by SF.

But he would occupy the spot of a prospective young player we could sign (e.g. Terry Hawthorne out of Illinois who was drafted by Steelers and cut b/c of injury - who should be healed now)

I really liked Hawthorne and would definitely prefer his presence over Nnamdi. I was unaware that he was a Free Agent currently.
Texans02

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

I explained in my original post. I never said he was good, nor that he'd be the savior of our team. He'd be a very cheap gamble, couldn't be worse than McCain, and would possibly allow us to move some things around.

I agree... at the right price. However, we are in the cellar, so we can't pitch the "get a ring" angle. Scrabble is a smart dude, so he probably still has plenty of $$ saved.

My guess is he either retires or signs cheaply with a winning team that is thin at CB due to injuries.

Yes please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: