Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets beat down
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krewe_dat_504

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
I feel you man. I felt like we deserved to lose this game unlike the Pats game so it's easier to take. We need a whole new O line and some run stoppers on the D line. The D will improve when Harper and Jenkins come back, but I don't see the O line improving this season.
...im not sure i follow Laughing
Jenkins has been a luxury this season. Don't know about Harper though.
Fray32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewe_dat_504 wrote:
Fray32 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
I feel you man. I felt like we deserved to lose this game unlike the Pats game so it's easier to take. We need a whole new O line and some run stoppers on the D line. The D will improve when Harper and Jenkins come back, but I don't see the O line improving this season.
Jenkins has been a luxury this season. Don't know about Harper though.
The splash plays have been nice, but lets not fool ourselves into thinking Malcolm Jenkins can sustain them over the long haul. Just as quickly as he forces that fumble on Julio and picks off Josh Freeman (but who hasn't amirite) and gets unblocked sacks of Cutler, he can go games, even seasons without doing anything of note. On a play by play basis, we're still going to get those missed tackles, sub par coverage skills and mental breakdowns

edit: although I will admit, his transgressions haven't been particularly egregious this year Razz but, improvement is improvement all the same
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not buying any of the excuses for Payton...

He had many chances to establish the run in that game. When he did run the ground game actually looked respectable. Yes, occasionally you will have some negative runs but that's why they call it "Staying Commited". Chris Ivory was stacked up a few times for losses but the Jets stay commited and it paid off. Sean Payton NEVER stays commited. Yes, some games and situations call for you to simply abandon the run but this was not one of those games.

Bottom line is that Payton (and Brees) are to impatient to wait for the running game to get going. By nature they feel they can quick strike any defense at any time so they live by the sword die by the sword so to speak and in the Jets game it killed them.

Another thing... HORRIABLE game management by Sean Payton. Managing a game is more than clock usage and timeouts. When you can clearly see your defense is getting GASHED on the ground and the opposing team is chewing up the time of possession on you, if the game is close (which it was) you have got to try and establish a running game in order to at least give your defenders a chance to catch their breath... Payton did not do this, repeatedly after his defense was gashed he went 3 and out on 3 straight passes only to see his tired defense take the blame for his short comings in this area.

Look, I don't hate Sean Payton... Best coach in Saints history but I firmly believe in placing the blame where it needs to be regardless of who it is and to me Sean Payton always gets a pass on this teams short comings when at times he deserves a lot of the blame.

To the guy questioning what was Drew Brees suppose to do about his contract situation...

I agree, dude wanted to get paid and rightfully got his money but lets also throw a little blame at Brees where he deserves it... Could have taken the Brady deal which would have paid him handsomely and allowed the Saints to keep either Nicks or Bushrod but he didn't. I don't blame Brees for seeking all he can get but I also won't feel bad for him when hes being hammered all season because of it. He can't have his cake and eat it too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Sec104row6

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I'm not buying any of the excuses for Payton...

He had many chances to establish the run in that game. When he did run the ground game actually looked respectable. Yes, occasionally you will have some negative runs but that's why they call it "Staying Commited". Chris Ivory was stacked up a few times for losses but the Jets stay commited and it paid off. Sean Payton NEVER stays commited. Yes, some games and situations call for you to simply abandon the run but this was not one of those games.

Bottom line is that Payton (and Brees) are to impatient to wait for the running game to get going. By nature they feel they can quick strike any defense at any time so they live by the sword die by the sword so to speak and in the Jets game it killed them.

Another thing... HORRIABLE game management by Sean Payton. Managing a game is more than clock usage and timeouts. When you can clearly see your defense is getting GASHED on the ground and the opposing team is chewing up the time of possession on you, if the game is close (which it was) you have got to try and establish a running game in order to at least give your defenders a chance to catch their breath... Payton did not do this, repeatedly after his defense was gashed he went 3 and out on 3 straight passes only to see his tired defense take the blame for his short comings in this area.

Look, I don't hate Sean Payton... Best coach in Saints history but I firmly believe in placing the blame where it needs to be regardless of who it is and to me Sean Payton always gets a pass on this teams short comings when at times he deserves a lot of the blame.

To the guy questioning what was Drew Brees suppose to do about his contract situation...

I agree, dude wanted to get paid and rightfully got his money but lets also throw a little blame at Brees where he deserves it... Could have taken the Brady deal which would have paid him handsomely and allowed the Saints to keep either Nicks or Bushrod but he didn't. I don't blame Brees for seeking all he can get but I also won't feel bad for him when hes being hammered all season because of it. He can't have his cake and eat it too!

Good post.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

Jenkins has been good as a NB and with P Rob out we need all the corners we can get. Harper plays well in the box and is a solid tackler, so he helps against the run. When Rob has both of these guys healthy it allows us to be more effective with 3 safeties on the field.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: